IT.COM

BrandRoot Experience...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
Since there's a thread for Namerific and BB, I started a thread on BR. What are people's experiences?
Jury is still out...not sure if I should submit more names, as names pending in the cue waiting for logos jumped back 20 spaces. What's the turn around time? On the front end, names being approved are on par with namerific, BB is very slow, w/o a yay or a nay, though maybe once the names are approved it may be faster going into the description, logo stage.

Also, paying more than $100 on logos for names valued at under 2k, is it worth it to pay more. Does it make a difference? How long to wait till name is published? Do the logo designers pick and choose? The $10 fee, what does that insure? The idea behind BR is a sped up process, how long must one wait...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends, sometimes if they see a name they really like in the queue I think they expedite it. Other than that I have found it to be between 1-3 weeks.

•••
I don't believe they are accepting new sellers right now. I submitted some names a couple months ago but haven't heard back on them.

•••
I don't believe they are accepting new sellers right now. I submitted some names a couple months ago but haven't heard back on them.
Ya....me too...
No mail on submission of names...
No response to support ticket...
No live chat...:(

•••
My another 10 domains became live today.....

Very much satisfied with the logo work for 8/10 domains.

Kudos BR Team :)

•••
•••
I waited weeks and got no answer so I asked @Pluto (owner/operator) and he confirmed they are not currently taking new sellers. It sucks that they don't either disable the submission tool, or simply add a line of text explaining the situation. As a result, even if they were to return, I would be unlikely to use them due to the way it was handled.

•••
Read his posts here @NP. He's called us all bad names, made fun of us, pretended he was a God, and numerous others amateurish feats. Pity to anyone who still uses BR.

I waited weeks and got no answer so I asked @Pluto (owner/operator) and he confirmed they are not currently taking new sellers. It sucks that they don't either disable the submission tool, or simply add a line of text explaining the situation. As a result, even if they were to return, I would be unlikely to use them due to the way it was handled.

•••
That whole incident/thread was painful to [read] watch unfold, to say the least. Hopefully things get back on track and their reputation can continue to be repaired. I wish him/them much success. We need more auction platforms, as the current few are far too inundated...IMO.

That said, namepros nancies will live on in infamy. lol

•••
I've read somewhere in few months ago, that they are in process of upgrading their website. Will all the issues, I wonder are they still in business?

•••
I applied to because a seller on Brandroot and never heard back from them. I guess I was not a good candidate from them. I wish I knew why.

Well I suppose my domains were not good enough for them. I'll stay on BrandBucket.

•••
I've read somewhere in few months ago, that they are in process of upgrading their website. Will all the issues, I wonder are they still in business?

They launched a completely revamped site a couple of months ago. They are still in business because they sell plenty of names. I've sold 10% of my listed names with them during a relatively short period (14 months).

•••
They launched a completely revamped site a couple of months ago. They are still in business because they sell plenty of names. I've sold 10% of my listed names with them during a relatively short period (14 months).

I see. Thanks. Will try them soon.

•••
•••
•••
•••
i have some domain there, with zero sell, i want try Feature on Homepage, is there any experience with this feature?

•••
Had a homepage upgrade once on a killer 5-letter .com. No sells/interest.

i have some domain there, with zero sell, i want try Feature on Homepage, is there any experience with this feature?

•••
thank you, may be better the money i spent to buy a new domain

•••
i am wondering if we would have better luck selling names on brandroot than on brand bucket. Currently brant root ranks #1 in search engine for "Brand Domains" and they carry a much smaller inventory than BB (BR- 5,936 names | BB - 21,823 names)

•••
Just make sure you read the T&C's and don't have many 'pending' names otherwise your account gets frozen.

•••
why would acct be frozen for having pending names?

•••
Something to do with 'committing' to sell on BR when you submit names, I believe its in their T&C's. I had approx. 10 pending and my account was frozen so I moved names to BB.

•••
Anyone has sort of sales stats for BR? I believe they sold like 550 names in like 2.5 years.. I see this as a GREAT statistic. Thats more than 12% of their normalized portfolio, which is approximately like 5% a year, especially that they dont have much names of their own like on BB :)

•••
I finally got approved at BR a few months ago. Added 27 names so far to try out their platform.

I had my first sale this week with them (just waiting for payment).

I have positive experience so far.

•••
I personally never get an answer from them after submitting account creation requests.. They could at least send a mail saying that you didn't get approved or something to let you know.. I saw some people there are really successful with them, they also charge listing fees and require exclusivity, right?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back