NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys, I was asked to post what I sold outside BB since I left the platform. Please find below our March run so far :

1) 6L.com pronounceable sold via DNS BIN for $1,300 and buyer from Poland, for a polish startup. Very happy with this one, as the net amount to me was higher than what I would've got if I left it on BB! Glad I am gaining confidence ttowards my decision to leave BB!

2) another 6L.for $1,300. Exactly same story as above but this time buyer from China! This guy asked the broker to reduce the price to 999, so we agreed provided he pays within 3 days. After 4 days he didnt agree even to the Escrow.com terms so I cancelled the transaction and told the broker to tell him its not negotiable anymore. Once he received that message from teh broker, he bought the domain for the asking price but from Afternic :)Again sold for more than I would NET from it being left on BB!

3) Oneword+UP.com short brandable for $3,500 again BIN on DNS. EU Startup. Again sold for more than I would NET from it being left on BB!

In total after taking the names OFF BB, we sold 5 BB previously published names since Jan-2016. Our net realization in these 2.5 months is more than what I got from BB in the last 5 months of 2015!

Good luck everyone, whether you're selling on BB or anywhere else! Just make sure you are maximizing your profits!

Thanks for the update and congrats on your great results!!

If I may ask, are you doing some kind of advertising or outbound marketing for your names or are these sales based just on buyers' own research?

•••
•••
Thanks for the update and congrats on your great results!!

If I may ask, are you doing some kind of advertising or outbound marketing for your names or are these sales based just on buyers' own research?
Zero afvertising!

•••
I know thiss, but there is nothing uniquee or trulyy brandablee aboutt thee namess I mentionedd. It just looks like some domainers have a stttutterrrring problemm. If everyone registered every word in the dictionary and added an extra letter to it, got it in .com, and put it on BrandBucket, they would approve it and call it a unique brandable! These are reg fee names pitched to buyers at an absurd cost.
Even if BrandBucket accepts such typo words, do you think they will manage to sell them to any buyer? Probably one out of thousand names will be lucky enough to get a buyer for such names. Brandbucket accepted or approved or listed "tag" does not mean that the domain name will sell. The chances are very very remote indeed.

•••
Does anyone have an idea how many logo designers there are at BB? I noticed that many of my names have an icon to the left of the name, so maybe it is the same designer. Or maybe this is the most popular way to design logos right now?

•••
I've watched multiple Buy and Sell requests / offers for Brandbucket listed names, usually $25 to $35 depending on whether merely BB "approved" or "published". I still can't figure out why anyone would want to sell their BB listings at what sounds like a loss to me.

Even if I plucked name out of GD closeouts on its final go-around ($5) and paid for a year's renewal and a BB $10 fee, I couldn't make any money selling them on NP at these prices.

So what's the business rationale behind these "resale" prices?!

•••
The chance to sell a BB published name is around 2% per year. So, if you do your maths, the resale prices are approximately right.

As for the business model: if someone can do a handreg for $8 and sell it for $25 a couple of weeks later - it is not a very bad business.

•••
Not worth my time to sell domains for cheap.

It's too hard and risky to find a good domain that is worth trying to sell.

•••
I agree with not selling at 2% of BB price, but others just want to make money. If they buy a name at $8 and sell at $25, that's a good return on investment, until you include your time to find the name, submit to brand bucket, wait for a reply, find someone willing to buy it for $25, collect the money, submit the transfer. I know I would have more than an hour involved in doing all that and my time is worth more than $17 an hour.

That doesn't even take into account that you buy 3 names, and you can only sell one for $25. Then you end up breaking out even and have wasted a bunch of time you'll never get back. I doesn't make sense to me, but to each there own.

•••
I imagine most domainers can't afford the renewal fees to wait/hope for that 2% chance to come along, especially if they hold a lot of BB names. That $25 pays to renew 2 of your better names for another year to keep holding out or marketing. It's just business.

•••
It makes sense what @canbrit said in the post. But BrandBucket have around 27000 domains so maybe for liquidation cheap sales.

•••
The chance to sell a BB published name is around 2% per year.

Considering the average domainer clears at least 2% per year, that's not a flattering statistic for BB. It suggests BB names are no better than the average portfolio.

Or it might mean that BB names are junkier than the average portfolio but their marketing is good.

Either way, a lot if BB names have little chance of finding an end user, so covering costs is better than endless renewals.

•••
BrandBucket Names = Lottery Tickets

Let's say you have 500 Lottery tickets worth $4000/yr.

a) You could win or lose when the ticket is announced
b) You could sell those tickets now for $20000.

What would you do? I would go with option (b) to save on renewals and invest the money on few names.

•••
When I want to submit more domains to BB, I get the following message: "Your account requires attention. Before submitting more names, please move forward with publishing the names that have been approved and are in your account under "To Do"."

What if I don't want to publish all my domains? How can you remove an accepted but not yet published name (e.g. in case you want sell it).

•••
When I want to submit more domains to BB, I get the following message: "Your account requires attention. Before submitting more names, please move forward with publishing the names that have been approved and are in your account under "To Do"."

What if I don't want to publish all my domains? How can you remove an accepted but not yet published name (e.g. in case you want sell it).

You need to pay the listing fee, edit description and change nameservers. And than add new names for consideration.

•••

Good to publish if approved.
But if you want to remove approved names Contact [email protected]

•••
Any thoughts on the logo for one of my domains that recently went live: http://www.aqrue.com

I've never complained about a logo before (although some are definitely pretty mediocre) but this one genuinely hurts my eyes. Think I should bug Michael about a logo change or am I just being overly sensitive?

That is not a logo. Try to get a new one.

•••
BrandBucket Names = Lottery Tickets

Let's say you have 500 Lottery tickets worth $4000/yr.

a) You could win or lose when the ticket is announced
b) You could sell those tickets now for $20000.

What would you do? I would go with option (b) to save on renewals and invest the money on few names.

You are assuming that you can sell all your "lottery tickets"!
You would have to have 160 sales at $25 each just to break even. Even that might be hard to do.

•••
You are assuming that you can sell all your "lottery tickets"!
You would have to have 160 sales at $25 each just to break even. Even that might be hard to do.

People are paying 2% of Brandbucket listing price these days, which will average out to 40 a piece.

And secondly most of these sellers have bought the domain name for $1 - $2 at domain.com or dotster.com So they make a huge ROI.

Anddd... yes I can sell all my BB Names over here or other marketplaces because all of them have minimum $15 - $25 value.

•••
seems like alot of effort for little return.
And secondly most of these sellers have bought the domain name for $1 - $2 at domain.com or dotster.com So they make a huge ROI.
How do you know that?

You would almost need to sell a domain an hour to make equate to having a job.

Finding, buying, listing, selling, transferring, emailing, checking account and funds for each domain seems like you would come out at way less than minimum wage if lucky.

I think most of the low dollar sales are just people dropping the junk in their portfolio so they don't have to renew it. Cutting loses.

•••
seems like alot of effort for little return.

How do you know that?

You would almost need to sell a domain an hour to make equate to having a job.

Finding, buying, listing, selling, transferring, emailing, checking account and funds for each domain seems like you would come out at way less than minimum wage if lucky.

I think most of the low dollar sales are just people dropping the junk in their portfolio so they don't have to renew it. Cutting loses.

You speak like a domain veteran who makes most of his via inbound queries so it will be difficult convincing you. Let's say buy 50 domains via Domain.com or Dotster for $100. I could sell it on Flippa for roughly $1000 - $2000. This equates to having a job.

Plus what I am talking about is Flipping. Huge Difference. Most of Flippers have other jobs too.

•••
Let's say buy 50 domains via Domain.com or Dotster for $100. I could sell it on Flippa for roughly $1000 - $2000.
If it was that easy everyone would be doing it...

Most of the best names on BB were not purchased for $2. It can be done, but believe me you wont do it consistently.

•••
I personally think that the we should be able to award the logo designer after the logo is finished.. it makes me sick to pay over $100 for some of these logos. i have some crappy logos i wouldn't pay 10 cents for

also we should have the option for them to remake the logo!

•••
I personally think that the we should be able to award the logo designer after the logo is finished.. it makes me sick to pay over $100 for some of these logos. i have some crappy logos i wouldn't pay 10 cents for

That seems like a scam job. $100 for a logo? This reminds me of the Paid Appraisal scam.

•••

That seems like a scam job. $100 for a logo? This reminds me of the Paid Appraisal scam.

@imadoer @brindle123 I couldn't agree more!

We've reported this many times, and yet they continue to run this scam on us. Is there anything else we can do to sway them to change this policy?

Perhaps a petition?

Or, dare I say forward our traffic domains to this thread (post) in efforts of raising awareness. If the "internet" knew BrandBucket provides poor CHEAP LOW QUALITY logo's, there would be mounted pressure to change this monopolized strategy.

I'm tired of them blowing smoke by saying something is in the works. Actions speak louder than words...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back