IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BrandBucket - Why don't you have somebody on call during weekends? The time BrandBucket is taking to complete my sale is beyond ridiculous. 10 Days since my buyer provided payment, and the funds still have yet to be made available... This is after BrandBucket took a day and a half to provide my buyer with a purchasing link.

Blue - Buyer

Black - Me
Red - BrandBucket

• Mar 5, 2016 at 11:14 PM - EndUser emailed me with interest and price reduction request
  • Mar 6, 2016 at 12:03 AM - I responded with a price reduction
  • Mar 6, 2016 at 6:43 AM - Buyer responded ready to buy, and asked for help. They said they had already contaced BrandBucket with a request for a purchase link for the authorized additional 10% off.
  • Mar 6, 2016 at 7:05 AM - I emailed BrandBucket the situation titled, "URGENT: EndUser would like to purchase domain 10% off current listing price"
  • Mar 7, 2016 at 3:05 AM - Julia responded to my unrelated Logo Concerns.
  • Mar 7, 2016 at 5:09 AM - I emailed BrandBucket asking for an update about the pending sale, explaining the urgency because of timezone issues.
  • Mar 7, 2016 at 8:47 AM - Julia responded saying Khalan will be in contact with me soon.
  • Mar 7, 2016 at 1:29 PM - Khalan finally responded saying he has now followed up with the buyer.
  • Mar 7, 2016 at 11:29 PM - Buyer emailed me confirming payment has been provided.
  • Mar 11, 2016 at 6:41 AM - I emailed BrandBucket asking for an update.
  • Mar 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM - BrandBucket responded the order has been approved.
  • Mar 11, 2016 at 4:37 PM - I responded asking if I can begin the transfer since I am in contact with the buyer.
  • Mar 11, 2016 at 8:12 PM - Khalan responded, for security reasons we ask that you don't begin the transfer.
  • Mar 14, 2016 at 1:51 PM - BrandBucket sends congratulations, start of escrow email.
  • Mar 14, 2016 at 6:20 PM - Change of registrant initiated.
  • Mar 14, 2016 at 4:15 PM - Emailed BrandBucket confirming trransfer has been initiated
  • Mar 14, 2016 at 6:17 PM - Khalan responded he expects payment to be available end of day March 17.
  • Mar 15, 2016 at 12:14 AM - Domain transfer complete
  • Mar 17, 2016 at 4:38 PM - Funds still have yet to be made available...

• Mar 17, 2016 at 9:26 PM - Escrow complete. Funds received.

•••
Mar 17, 2016 at 9:26 PM - Escrow complete. Funds received.

And which of you
by being anxious
can add one cubit
to his span of life?

And why are you anxious about clothing?
Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow;
they neither toil nor spin.

•••
Is there a way yet to provide your own logo and bypass the designer fee?
Is it at least being discussed?

•••
Is there a way yet to provide your own logo and bypass the designer fee?
Is it at least being discussed?

Yes, you can just apply to be a logo designer. After, you can upload your own logo designs to your domains, that's what I do.

•••
And which of you
by being anxious
can add one cubit
to his span of life?

And why are you anxious about clothing?
Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow;
they neither toil nor spin.

If we forget about business and science to take a religious approach you'll find that the father of the nonGrilled version of my avatar supports working on Saturday. Even ChicFilA is open saturday's. This rest on the 7th day idea has ruined my Sunday morning breakfast plans many times.

6th day.PNG

day 7.PNG

•••
Yes, you can just apply to be a logo designer. After, you can upload your own logo designs to your domains, that's what I do.

Do they discount the listing fee like the other marketplaces does if we submit our own logo's?

Last edited:
•••

It's straight forward to do your own once you're a designer?
Few hoops to jump through?

•••
Do they discount the listing fee like the other marketplaces does if we submit our own logo's?

No. Once you upload your design you can choose between $5 upfront or $100+ once the domain sells.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congrats Grilled.

Good things happen to those who congratulate others; it's good karma. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you make a sale shortly after this congratulations? If so, allow me and The Dude to be the first to congratulate you with a celebratory fist pump.

giphy.gif

The Dude ;)

Last edited:
•••
Okay, all my submitted names have been checked, 9 accepted out of 24 (38% ratio). What bothers me a bit is that two of these name got a very low suggested price ($995), and I'm not sure if these are worth publishing. What do you think?

•••
(38% ratio). What bothers me a bit is that two of these name got a very low suggested price ($995), and I'm not sure if these are worth publishing. What do you think?

It's been a long time since I've seen BrandBucket appraise a domain for $995. I PM'd you because to truly answer this it would depend on the domain.

On another note, it's been a long time since I've been in the 38% ratio. Congratulations on this impressive ratio! I changed my registration strategy to only register domains I'm willing to renew. I'm buying less domains now, but spending more for each domain. Hopefully this strategy will result in a ratio similar to yours.

Last edited:
•••
It's been a long time since I've seen BrandBucket appraise a domain for $995. I PM'd you because to truly answer this it would depend on the domain.

On another hand, it's been a long time since I've been in the 38% ratio. Congratulations on this impressive ratio! I changed my registration strategy to only register domains I'm willing to renew. I'm buying less domains now, but spending more for each domain. Hopefully this strategy will result in a ratio similar to yours.

Thank you! :)

I like your strategy, because the renewal fee is a very important factor. If a name get published at BB, you probably spent at least $20 (regfee + regfee of non-accepted domains + $10 listing fee), plus you'll probably have to renew the domain a few times ($10-15/year). Let's say, you get $1200 for an average name (after deducting all fees and commissions), and let's say there's an annual 2% chance for any random domain to be bought on BB, then your "profit" will be 1200*0,02-20=$4/name in the first year, 1200*0,04-20-10=$18/name in the second year, and so on. Renewing dozens of names (that don't sell) would hurt profitability a lot.

The weird thing is that none of my 2 words domain got accepted, only the 6L and keyword+o names. I think I'll focus on the 5L and 6L domains, and register less 2 word .coms (altough those sell better, according to DNbolt).

Last edited:
•••
Good things happen to those who congratulate others; it's good karma. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you make a sale shortly after this congratulations? If so, allow me and The Dude to be the first to congratulate you with a celebratory fist pump.

giphy.gif

The Dude ;)

LOL Grilled. It appears I have sold another name, that's 2 in a week :) I have not got the email yet but you are correct, one of my names has the red SOLD banner across it. Great teamwork ;) !!

•••
LOL Grilled. It appears I have sold another name, that's 2 in a week :) I have not got the email yet but you are correct, one of my names has the red SOLD banner across it. Great teamwork ;) !!

Congratulations! :xf.cool:

•••
Hey guys
How many days does it take for BB to design the logo after I pay the $10 listing fees?
I paid the listing fee about three days back and my logo is not ready yet.

•••
When I have pronounceable 4L, I submit them to BB just to see how they would evaluate its value.
They approved and put a suggested price of $16,995 on my OSQO.com. That is by far my highest valued names on their marketplace. I'll publish it and give them the chance to sell it for a short while.

•••
Hey guys
How many days does it take for BB to design the logo after I pay the $10 listing fees?
I paid the listing fee about three days back and my logo is not ready yet.

Usually 2 to 7days depending on the rate of submissions at that time.

There are 3 steps (you can login to see which 'step' your domain is currently at)
1) BB reviews the name- gives it a description, possible business uses, tags the domain with keywords, and finally decides which category is most suitable.
2) Logo Design- The domain waits in line for the next logo designer to take it and make a logo.
3) Published for listing- Final review.. spell check & quality check.

BB usually gets around 3K or 4K names submitted a week. So Depending on how many names are approved that week, will determine how long the wait is.

Look forward to your success on BB!

•••
My sale last week fyi was C/L/I/X/Y.

I still have this unrealistic 'fun' target of selling one name a month over 2016, from a current BB portfolio of 145 names. Jan and Feb I had a blank and now it looks like 2 sales in March so I am 2 for 3 :)

•••
Congrats! You bought the name here, if I remember correctly a few years ago. Great name.

•••
It was a purchase on Namejet in 2014....before prices went a bit crazy.

•••
Oh ok, I was bidding on it somewhere...:)

•••
Guys, I was asked to post what I sold outside BB since I left the platform. Please find below our March run so far :

1) 6L.com pronounceable sold via DNS BIN for $1,300 and buyer from Poland, for a polish startup. Very happy with this one, as the net amount to me was higher than what I would've got if I left it on BB! Glad I am gaining confidence ttowards my decision to leave BB!

2) another 6L.for $1,300. Exactly same story as above but this time buyer from China! This guy asked the broker to reduce the price to 999, so we agreed provided he pays within 3 days. After 4 days he didnt agree even to the Escrow.com terms so I cancelled the transaction and told the broker to tell him its not negotiable anymore. Once he received that message from teh broker, he bought the domain for the asking price but from Afternic :)Again sold for more than I would NET from it being left on BB!

3) Oneword+UP.com short brandable for $3,500 again BIN on DNS. EU Startup. Again sold for more than I would NET from it being left on BB!

In total after taking the names OFF BB, we sold 5 BB previously published names since Jan-2016. Our net realization in these 2.5 months is more than what I got from BB in the last 5 months of 2015!

Good luck everyone, whether you're selling on BB or anywhere else! Just make sure you are maximizing your profits!

•••
My sale last week fyi was C/L/I/X/Y.

I still have this unrealistic 'fun' target of selling one name a month over 2016, from a current BB portfolio of 145 names. Jan and Feb I had a blank and now it looks like 2 sales in March so I am 2 for 3 :)

First things first, congrats!

One per month would be a terrific ratio for a 145 names portfolio. You'd be our inspiration ;)

I'm getting close to 100 now, and still blank (and starting to feel impatient too :rolleyes:). I think I'd be extremely happy if I ended 2016 with 5 sales and moderatly happy with 4. But who knows...

•••
One per month would be a terrific ratio for a 145 names portfolio. You'd be our inspiration ;)

@Theydon's portfolio may be small in size, but it's of the utmost of quality. 1 per month certainly isn't unreasonable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back