IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And that concerns me when my listed domain (that just went live doesn't appear on the homepage) is fairly better than average weird names listed on BB. Where my domain was found? On the 50th page of BB.

Your domain technically would have been on page 1 to start...not page 50.... however the default 'view' is set to only see 'staff picks' so unless you 'switch' the view to 'date added' then you would only see your domain if you search for keywords related to your domain.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't mind my names not being on the homepage when I didn't have to pay to be listed. Now that they require payment for listing I think the policy should change, and the default homepage should be ordered by new additions. Plus, if they feel a domain is not good enough to be on the homepage they shouldn't even accept that domain in the first place.

Last edited:
•••
I think that one day Brand Bucket will realize that they should let every domain grace the front page, but also have a section for 'staff picks' at the top of the front page.

Last edited:
•••
FWIW I think people are expecting too much from names appearing on homepage.

Michael has given me some indication of how much internal search is used, and if I was concerned I'd spend my time reviewing things like the keywords and categories attached to my names. Much more important than appearing on homepage based on what I've been told.

•••
Is it worth it to pay the BrandBucket listing fee? There are over 20,000 domains listed. I have some accepted names, but my concern is they will sit on the platform. The inventory seems to be not as good as it was 2+ years ago. Honestly... some domains, are terrible. Don't potential customers get tired of waiting through all the domains on BB like most other domain marketplaces?

Have people here sold on BB recently? What's the success rate these days?

•••
I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I saw the 4 word r/e/a/d/y/t/o/g/o/o/u/t.com accepted at BB. I couldn't believe they accepted that one until I realized it was owned by none other than Michael Krell. It's good to be the director.

Epik appraisals has the name valued at $2000.

I view the website appraisals through a filter, but there does appear to be quite a bit of search volume for the phrase.

•••
Hey everyone.

I just launched a thread for BB sellers who - like me - buy and sell BB approved/published names from other BB sellers.

I've bought (and sold) quite a few BB names in this way lately, and I thought it would be useful to have a single thread to announce these types of auctions.

I scan the NP auction pages every morning to see if there are any new auctions for BB names, and it's a bit tedious. This new thread will save a lot of effort because we'll get automatic notifications anytime someone puts a BB name up for sale (and announces it in this thread).

So if you're selling any BB names - through NP auction or in the NP Fixed Price thread - then go to the following thread to announce it.

And if you're a buyer of BB names, then go to the new thread and follow the thread.

Here's the thread:
Selling Brandbucket Names to other Brandbucket Sellers? Announce the Domain Names Here

Side note: I confirmed with the mods that this thread is posted in the right place.

•••
Epik appraisals has the name valued at $2000.

I view the website appraisals through a filter, but there does appear to be quite a bit of search volume for the phrase.
I guess using Epik appraisals helps justify the price because if you would have said Estibot most would have laughed. Guess what, Epik uses Estibot's system and we all know how ridiculous Estibot is when it comes to brandables. Nobody can justify a 4 word 'mediocre' name being accepted on BrandBucket. It would have not been accepted from anyone else unless the one who owns it, approves it.

•••
Just received a couple of review emails .. 4 on 5 accepted this morning. That is nice.
The reject is " FirstAdviser ". I thought it had some potential.

Of course the accepted are derived/invented word, I am like 80% success on these lately. I don't know why I still continue to submit 2-word. Well I know, its because they sell more but I'm just bad at finding them.

@michaeljkrell
Hello Michael. I have 2 names that have been at status "Your Domains Pending BrandBucket Review" for 2 weeks now. This is quite unusual.

Last edited:
•••
Just received a couple of review emails .. 4 on 5 accepted this morning. That is nice.
The reject is " FirstAdviser ". I thought it had some potential.

Of course the accepted are derived/invented word, I am like 80% success on these lately. I don't know why I still continue to submit 2-word. Well I know, its because they sell more but I'm just bad at finding them.
Not the popular spelling. Most companies use Advisor. FirstAdvisor has been registered since 1998.

•••
•••
so what's the average sales period since the domain is live?

•••
For some domains its 2 - 4 months, for some domains may be infinite..

•••
Ok. I read this post before registering. It mislead me.
http://grammarist.com/spelling/adviser-advisor/
There is nothing wrong with the spelling it's just not the popular one used in business day in and day out which makes it less attractive for resale. When you come across another situation like this when you don't if one spelling is more popular than another then go to ZFbot.com and input the keyword and see which comes up as registered more. This will give you a good indication of which spelling is the most popular.

•••
@michaeljkrell
Hello Michael. I have 2 names that have been at status "Your Domains Pending BrandBucket Review" for 2 weeks now. This is quite unusual.

Same here. I asked yesterday if anyone had an idea if this was something usual, as it's my first accepted submission.

I guess it's not. Let's hope to get some feedback about it. Thanks!

•••
As usual, They rejected RapidDock.com..
is it bad?

•••
My rejects

bulk build
anyplace else
punk decor
pod parade
math mac
easy beep
foul mind
youth yard
fit emporium
Rapid dock

•••
Have any of you sold a previously approved or published BB name that you bought second hand on namepros?

Yes, one - I have sold 2 other I have bought here ($6 and $15) and submitted myself - one sold for $2000 and one for $3.000

•••
My rejects

bulk build
anyplace else
punk decor
pod parade
math mac
easy beep
foul mind
youth yard
fit emporium
Rapid dock

Anyplaceelse, really? Like... I'd rather be anyplace else than on this website? Fit emporium I like, youth yard too, double Y.

•••
Not yet, but i did buy a domain for $10 from a NP member and submitted it myself and sold it for 2K on BB
how long did it take from the day it became live on bb?

•••
how long did it take from the day it became live on bb?

@svede This is the very 1st 'Seller Newsletter' from BB it was about July so maybe the August newsletter will come out soon! ;)

We are you happy to present you with our first seller's newsletter that will keep you updated on the happenings at BrandBucket.

July Sales
What started as a normal July ended as one of our better months to date. Keywords and pure brandables were almost evenly split with 51% of the sales being keyword domains and 49% being invented names. 54% of the keyword sales were made up of two word combinations, another 27% that sold consisted of a root word with a common ending added such as ly, sy, za, etc. The remaining 19% were alternate spellings of dictionary words and other prefix/ending combinations. It is probably no surprise that shorter is better for the invented domain sales with the average character length being 6.

DBHPal9fr9TYobHle42o9KteNKV5vhCtWNyycVFrGNEqkqYFt64i93x1udfpqYOrsuIYcZ8SgwW5x2_Y9ISHrQ7suvaQYJmR3oVpVKhO6ztE2QU5Yfo=s0-d-e1-ft

t9WWbHo5sZREa0o75ZqBthl8DnD7Bi0bPZLq7k3THAnNuic7QZbJZu03IMbsyBE6JE-uDL2OIBlXporhLYCT3faCDSUHr-YklVIMnnWR3kOY5dMqYNQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Top Searches
The biggest mover is definitely "metro", which hasn't been anywhere near this high in the past. We've seen a few urban/city names sell, so it appears this search is leading to some nice sales. The other 14 search terms have stayed pretty consistent over the last few months.

_7xHRDAVzKJhjbq_Fg7bLvD7i3v-t_P-T6ChqQgdajPF5iZ94ojJkE7WPlYJqpewcvvsn3jUA1mysN99lJYL3B57pRmGhyik1DvhewnnyK3NUK-B=s0-d-e1-ft

Big Sales
Over the last three months we have made some great sales including the 6-figure sale of Responsive.com, and several 5-figure sales of LLLL.coms and generic keyword names. If you have any premium generics, or any pronounceable 4 letter names, please send them our way!

Commission Junction Deactivated
We have stopped the use of Commission Junction and are currently working on a better affiliate solution. We will update you once a new system has been implemented.

Finally, this is a great time to push through any names that are currently in progress. Our publishing queue has been optimized over the last two months, and your name will go through editorial and logo design very quickly. It's also a good time since we experience stronger sales in the second half of the year, once summer wraps up. It's not too early to start thinking about having a few extra bucks when Christmas rolls around!

Newsletter out:

BrandBucket Seller's Newsletter - September 2015

Hi

With summer now officially over, I hope you were able to enjoy some time off over the last few months. It is always important to take time to recharge and spend some time with friends and family.

Increasing Sales
We are proud to say that our individual sales have increased by 250% year over year. The significant growth has been fueled by several factors including our continuing effort to reach out and spend marketing dollars on startup community. We are consistently creating long-term partnerships with VC firms and incubators that are turning to BrandBucket for their domain and naming needs multiple times a year.

August Sales
We had another very strong month of sales on the heels of one of our best sales months in July. Over the last 5 months, keyword sales have slowly increased and monthly sales are now pretty evenly split, but in August, keyword names definitely dominated the sales chart. This appears to be an outlier as our initial sales in September are a 50/50 split. This increase in keyword sales has closely mirrored our increase in keyword names being listed in the marketplace.

circle3.gif

circle4.gif

Top Searches
The top 15 stayed pretty much the same in August. Metro dropped out of the top searches with Luxury taking its spot at the bottom of the list.

chart2.gif

Average Length of Time Before Sale
It isn't unusual for a name listed on the marketplace to sell within a week or even just a couple of days of going live. We have clients actively keeping track of the names we are adding to find the perfect name for their business. More commonly though, a name needs a little more time on our marketplace before it sells. From May - August of this year, the average time a name was on our marketplace before selling is just over 6.5 months.

Lastly, premium 4L continue to produce very strong sales, especially those in a CVCV format. If you have any in your inventory, please send them over and we will be happy to review them.

Happy domaining!

Michael Krell
Managing Director @BrandBucket

@Insha010 If your looking for data to help in finding/listing names here are the first two SELLER Newsletters. The 2nd newsletter addresses the 'average length of time before a sale'

Hope this helps

•••
Another good week. 10 accepted out of 14 submissions.
Higher value is $2195 : DefenseRobot
The 4 rejects are : RocketHack, SavvyGiant, BestPep and FirstAdviser.

•••
My favorite rejects
g o a l s a v v y
z u r f s
b u d s t a
g e e k z i
h e s s l y
d e a m z
c a s h i o t
c l o u d z i l
t e c h e o s

•••
•••
Another good week. 10 accepted out of 14 submissions.
Higher value is $2195 : DefenseRobot
The 4 rejects are : RocketHack, SavvyGiant, BestPep and FirstAdviser.
I like DefenseRobot but not as a brandable. You should have seeked out some Defense Department Contractors that build robots for security etc…..you could have gotten probably 2 or 3 times that directly from them and not have to give away 30% commission. I think it's worth at least 5 grand to the right company.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back