Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
about 170- 200, (some sold to on BB, some to namepros members, some kept and so-on)

•••
When your domain goes live at 2am on a Friday night and doesn't get on the front page.

Why-Meme.png

For real, if you're paying $10 they should at least get tweeted out during business hours. Can we fix this, BB?

The name was Adovi dot com, btw. I like the logo.

Motion for business hour tweeting only.

•••
@Beezy Yep, totally true, who the hell works at 2AM anyways. Nice sounding 5L domains should get front page exposure for sure.

•••
@Beezy Yep, totally true, who the hell works at 2AM anyways. Nice sounding 5L domains should get front page exposure for sure.

Thanks, Lightthrower.

I'm ok with it not being on the front page. That's a subjective choice they make and I'm sure they have their reasons. But I think tweets should only go out during peak twitter hours, not on a FRIDAY NIGHT AT 2AM!

Maybe it makes no difference, but I assume some of the 1,400 followers of https://twitter.com/BB_Domains are actual buyers.

•••
Misspellings of any single popular word works no matter the length. It doesn't have to be short. Misspellings are mostly garbage if there are two words involved. Stakit would work only if someone like Frank Schilling owns the correct spelling and wants $30,000 for it. Anytime you look at misspellings see if the correct spelling is in use and if not who owns the correct spelling. Someone may not give Schilling $30,000 for StackIt but they will give you $2,500 for Stakit. It all depends on a few important factors.

•••
is there any learner's guide on how to create brandables?

•••
You can check out the names that get published in BrandBucket, Namerific, and BrandRoot. :)

•••
Have any of you sold a previously approved or published BB name that you bought second hand on namepros?

•••
Have any of you sold a previously approved or published BB name that you bought second hand on namepros?

Not yet, but i did buy a domain for $10 from a NP member and submitted it myself and sold it for 2K on BB

•••

Follow the logic of a brandable word structure. I would divide all brandables in 4 big groups:

Invented words - letter combinations, sometimes meaningless, sometimes evoking some feelings, yet short and pronounceable. (Beezo)

Compound words - two/three keywords combinations, not necessarily related directly to each other (PennyGems)

Portmanteaus (blend words) - a fusion of two words, with some parts truncated, resulting in a new word, blending both meanings into one (SingZilla)

Suffixed (rare preffixed) words - root word joined with a common suffix (preffix), leaving main meaning but with different perception (Shopoic)

What I'm pretty sure about BB filtering, is the name should be virgin (not assigned previously to any business), that is my experience. Reasonable criterion, imo.

•••
@Grossu

FWIW... An Affix is a morpheme that is attached to a word stem to form a new word.

Prefix- comes before the stem
Suffix- Comes after the stem

•••
I am just curious..I have been submitting names on BB for a while & i don't think their approval process can be zeroed down to an algorithm or even approximate rationale.It so random & unpredictable sometimes that one might tend to believe that all it takes is a good mood that's gonna steer it to approval.Jokes apart...Considering they do have a strong,legitimate system for approving names,i believe focusing on "How a name shouldn't sound" will help create more acceptable brandables,than focusing on the million dollar question "What makes a great brandable".

•••
A bit off topic but if BB has exclusive selling rights, how is it so many members have "BB listed" domains for sale here at Namepros? Some are even offering up their complete portfolio. Isn't that against BB TOS or do they make exception for member to member sales?

•••
A bit off topic but if BB has exclusive selling rights, how is it so many members have "BB listed" domains for sale here at Namepros? Some are even offering up their complete portfolio. Isn't that against BB TOS or do they make exception for member to member sales?

It is allowed to sell a BB domain to another BB seller because the domain remains on their marketplace.
They implemented a feature to make that kind of transfer between sellers fast and easy.

•••
It is allowed to sell a BB domain to another BB seller because the domain remains on their marketplace.
They implemented a feature to make that kind of transfer between sellers fast and easy.
Dominic-have any of your listed names on BrandBucket sold yet? TY

•••
Dominic-have any of your listed names on BrandBucket sold yet? TY

No, I did not sell a name in the 4 months I've been on BB.
But I sold and still sell a lot of my BB names to other sellers so my portfolio does not grow and my published names are pretty recent now.

•••
Here's a positive story for you.

Once upon a time (well, two months ago), my domain Fundeer///.com has been accepted on BB. Few days later, I get this email from Michael:

Hello,

In getting your name ready for publishing, I realized that it is undervalued. I have increased the price to $XXXX.

Regards,
Michael

Today, the domain has sold and it's my first one sold on BB with a portfolio size of only 15 domain names.

My advice to you is: listen when Michael speaks, he knows his business very well!

All the best to you guys.

•••
I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I saw the 4 word r/e/a/d/y/t/o/g/o/o/u/t.com accepted at BB. I couldn't believe they accepted that one until I realized it was owned by none other than Michael Krell. It's good to be the director.

•••
I got one name listed on BB week ago, and it's still on the homepage! Looks like BB is slowing down with name acceptance. Anybody with same feeling?

•••
I got one name listed on BB week ago, and it's still on the homepage! Looks like BB is slowing down with name acceptance. Anybody with same feeling?

It's not a feeling. It's a fact :)

It has a lot to do with them dropping the voting system for free listings too.

•••
•••
I got my first approval on Oct 8th and paid the listing fee, but the name is still pending review by BB. Does it usually take that long for a name to go live?

Thanks!

•••

Yes, It looks like BB is trying a new strategy as far as the front page goes. Looks like they are limiting the 'front page'....A lot less domains are making the 'staff picks'... which means the front page is moving slower. (unless you change the view from staff picks to date added)

Im sure everyone feels a little bummed when our domains don't make the front page, even the logo designers?.. I kinda do. I never understood why BB doesn't list every name on the font page..PLUS have a section for 'staff picks' first on the front page.

We have all seen SELLERS comment in this thread, asking why their domain never made the front page!(they just don't know how to switch the view yet).... Obviously if some sellers don't understand how the font page works, then its a guarantee that some buyers don't understand either... which means some buyers miss 'new' names, and are limited to their own searches and staff picks.

However I would guess that a high % of the sales comes from 1) internal BB searches, 2)type in traffic, 3)Margot's newsletter 4)Return Customers/VC and startups. It would be interesting if BB included data in the sellers newsletter about 'staff pick sales' vs 'non-staff pick sales.' ....Hint hint @michaeljkrell

•••
The volume sellers make the front page first and of course Michael Krell's names. A good name by a volume seller gets priority on the front page then next in line would be any good name from any seller. Don't believe me? Go through the whois of the first couple of pages and match it up with the profiles page.

Those that think every name should get on the front page have forgotten that Michael Krell is the director and that does not benefit his strategy.

•••
The volume sellers make the front page first and of course Michael Krell's names. A good name by a volume seller gets priority on the front page then next in line would be any good name from any seller. Don't believe me? Go through the whois of the first couple of pages and match it up with the profiles page.

Those that think every name should get on the front page have forgotten that Michael Krell is the director and that does not benefit his strategy.

And that concerns me when my listed domain (that just went live doesn't appear on the homepage) is fairly better than average weird names listed on BB. Where my domain was found? On the 50th page of BB.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back