BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like the way the export allows what columns to include, but I agree with stub in the way domains are selected.

•••
Looks like good progress on the reporting system, including the exportable info. However, I don't see the ability to see more than a month's worth of domain stats by domain name. For instance, I see we can select a year (or even two years) of revenue history, but it comes up by month (with the ability to view the domains in each separate month). Is there a way to view the year's stats by showing all individual domains in that year? I thought there used to be an option for this. Did I overlook it somewhere?

The problem is that our reporting is actually built around our database tables and table indexes. Not the other way around. So I can't provide all the options at this time because then it takes our database sometimes minutes to scan all the data and compile the results if it can't properly utilize the indexes.

However, you can do what you want by doing the month breakdown by domain, then changing the date in the URL and opening it in a new browser window. If I'd offer this in the interface, too many people would use it and it would slow down our reporting a lot as the database would go into overdrive.

I can add it one day, I just have to add more database tables that would aggregate the data by year. I don't currently do that.

stub said:
I personally think these domain stats should be shown by domain for today, yesterday, 1 week, this month, last month, last 30 days, last 90 days, last 180 days, last 365 days, this year. This was not possible in the old Bodis system.

Are you saying these should be some basic options from a drop down box? Or do you want by domain for today to be the default when you enter Earnings Report?

We can add things, I just need to know what exactly everyone wants.

Thanks! :tu:

•••
It looks like you've got all the info necessary to create a more comprehensive reporting system. Think in terms of a two (maybe three)step process. Step one, select time/date range for report: today, yesterday, last 7 days, this month, last month, last 30 days, last 90 days, last 180 days, 365 days, or select a calender time duration. Step two, choose the type of stats wanted: earnings, domain, visits, impressions, etc. Third step: view in order of ascending or descending. Sort of like how Fabulous does it.

•••
Yep. I'd go with the dropdown box option, plus an option to input start/end dates as verbster suggested. It's how Parked do it. I find that easy to use. Rating for importance 8-9/10. We need to be able to look at individual performance of any domain over a period of time. It is also very important that we can do this for 1 or many domains at the same time.

Last edited:
•••
Matt-

I was a member since day-one - do I receive a larger rev share as you mentioned once before?

Also, I saw your recent Bodis mentions on domaining.com and decided to come back and check out your system from Parked.com. I only tested two domains and saw a HUGE jump in revenue and CPM. So today I moved ALL of my names back over to your system.

Will send a full report for all to see in a few days.

Last edited:
•••
•••
When moving to Above they use URL forwarding and therefore we can't use all the tricks to monetize domains through URL forwarding as we do through name servers.

While Above is a decent system for larger domainers, there is many drawbacks especially on certain portfolios. You may notice a higher revenue using name servers than Above/URL forwarding.

This is why I always recommend using name servers.

•••
Recently signed up

Hello!

I have just signed up and added some domains to test bodis.com difference. We will wait and see.

I noticed that member details are transmitted through http, insecurely - during signup, and login etc. I kindly ask bodis.com to secure 'bodis.com member area' by installing an ssl certificate.

Regards,

•••
Great to have you on board eticaret.

Last time we installed an SSL certificate, the SSL company blocked half of Asia for us and we had customers crying thinking that we blocked all of Asia.

We pretty much could sue the SSL provider for damages now. Since then, we've changed our practice and removed SSL.

If you have a virus or spyware on your computer the vulnerability is equal to that without an SSL certificate. It only helps in large or public networks where someone can listen in on your packets that are being transmitted through the network. But there are so many sites you probably log into that don't use SSL with similar logins that it may not be so helpful as you think.

But, I can look into adding it as an option when logging in, so that you can choose with or without SSL and then have a cookie remember that for ever on your computer so that any repeat visits would use HTTPS version.

We just don't want to force everyone onto it right now due to problems on SSL provider end.

When we had that issue with Asia, we were using GeoTrust. GeoTrust and trust are two words that cannot be any further apart.

Last edited:
•••
cfguru360 said:
When moving to Above they use URL forwarding and therefore we can't use all the tricks to monetize domains through URL forwarding as we do through name servers.

Would you like to explain this a bit more Matt?

•••
would bodis have back the opportunity to load image and put on parked page as before??
did we have to wait march for the whole templates setting??

•••
Hello!

I have just signed up two days ago for checking your looking good service. i have a question now after parking my domain on bodis. can i share my domain link from people on like facebook and public forums. thanks

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

hello plz give me a link of your demo parking page. thanks or any domain link who use your parking service. sorry for weak English.

•••
stub, I try not to divulge my secret sauce. ;) But some of it has to do with things like data. When a visitor enters subdomain.domain.com and is pointed to Above, we only get domain.com from above.

We get more data through name servers, quicker load times, and other things that help increase revenue. There's a lengthy list. If you know domains A, B, C do better on Bodis, then pointing through servers MAY help. Keyword "may", because it depends on a lot of factors.

pablohc, we do have new templates ready to launch in March. And we will also give you ability to set the templates you want as well as custom keywords from within the Bodis.com interface. But this time we will take this a big step further and give you a lot of data to play with.

abuzarjoomla, please see financedomainname.com for an example. No you cannot create backlinks/promote for your domain names. We only allow parking domain names that had backlinks before they expired. So for instance, if domain abc123.com used to be a website and that site had backlinks, you can park it. Although, we do NOT allow the user to promote their site on forums, social networks, and so on.

•••
sir relly a coll template sir tell me one more thing. can we edit relited link means Related Searches links. beacuse i want to use entertainment content

•••
You can change related searches by setting the master keyword. So if you want entertainment such as games, set the master keyword to "games".

The system takes anywhere from 1 second to a few minutes to set the related searches.

•••
ok sir thanks. how much revenue you share with your users. 50% or more ?

•••
We give new users much higher than 50%. It is in the 80% range. Welcome aboard btw! :D

Attached is a few of the templates we've been able to acquire and reconstruct to accommodate into the modern browser width.

We are trying to launch these in early March. This time we will launch it and let you choose templates before our system does anything. So that this way there is no disruptions in earnings. Should be close to 100 templates total.

But we should hit 1000 templates by end of year. We're trying to design additional templates for every category imaginable.

Attachments

• Art.jpg
    Art.jpg
    835.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Celebrities.jpg
    Celebrities.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 67
  • fashion.jpg
    fashion.jpg
    635.2 KB · Views: 65
  • real-estate.jpg
    real-estate.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 64
  • SEX_Gay.jpg
    SEX_Gay.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 63
•••
Two more.

Attachments

• Toys.jpg
    Toys.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Turism.jpg
    Turism.jpg
    957.1 KB · Views: 63
•••
We give new users much higher than 50%. It is in the 80% range. Welcome aboard btw! :D

Attached is a few of the templates we've been able to acquire and reconstruct to accommodate into the modern browser width.

We are trying to launch these in early March. This time we will launch it and let you choose templates before our system does anything. So that this way there is no disruptions in earnings. Should be close to 100 templates total.

But we should hit 1000 templates by end of year. We're trying to design additional templates for every category imaginable.

AWESOME Templates Matt...hopefully they can increase Revenue! :)

•••
You are going to let us choose our own templates? Wow! That's going to be awsome!

•••
Yes I will let you choose + there will be other features included as well.

These templates will launch, but all domains will stay on what they are on right now. User can choose templates him/her self. Any newly added domains will be automatically placed on the new templates automatically by system (user will still have override choice).

The idea is to not change anything on current domains automatically so that revenue is not disturbed.

Someone asked me via PM if there is 1-click, yes there should be a 1-click for every 2-click.

•••
Three more templates that our designers designed today.

I hired 25 designers. We should have 1000 templates by end of March.

I'm going all out here to please my members. :hearts:

Attachments

• lizard.jpg
    lizard.jpg
    978.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Mp3 Players.jpg
    Mp3 Players.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Skiing.jpg
    Skiing.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 42
  • Skiing-v1.jpg
    Skiing-v1.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Mp3 Players-v1.jpg
    Mp3 Players-v1.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 43
•••
Someone asked me via PM if there is 1-click, yes there should be a 1-click for every 2-click.

Im sorry but can you explain what that means for noobs like me :)
Great templates btw !

•••
Im sorry but can you explain what that means for noobs like me :)
Great templates btw !

1-click templates are those with advertisements on the home page.

2-click templates are those with keywords on the home page, and advertisements on the sub pages.

The examples I have shown so far are 2-click templates.

Clicking a keyword on the 2-click template takes you to a sub page with advertisements based on that keyword.

•••
How many keywords can you have per domain with the new templates? One thing I always wondered about was how we differentiate a two word keyword from a one word keyword, when we put in the keywords when adding a domain? Also, is the first keyword always the master keyword? How many keywords are too many?

Wow 1000 templates to choose from by end March! Awesome!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back