BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Three more templates that our designers designed today.

I hired 25 designers. We should have 1000 templates by end of March.
Have you hired 25 designers to just change the colors and the photos of the same design?
confused-thinking-smiley.gif

•••
How many keywords can you have per domain with the new templates? One thing I always wondered about was how we differentiate a two word keyword from a one word keyword, when we put in the keywords when adding a domain? Also, is the first keyword always the master keyword? How many keywords are too many?

Wow 1000 templates to choose from by end March! Awesome!

Overall limit of 25 keywords.

It is preferred to use specific keywords, and that usually means 2-3 words per keyword. Such as: autoinsurance.com keyword would be "auto insurance".

You can also use upto 3 master keywords per domain, such as "auto insurance,car insurance,insurance", but I do not recommend it.

Last edited:
•••
No i am not member of Bodis.The truth is that i was ready to be,but finally i decided that i prefer to be one of your "hard working" designers..:D

•••
I for some reason believe we already know each other somehow. ;)

•••
I dont think so but never mind.
We can be good partners if your company pays good for my domains..:gl:

•••
If you want to achieve that, perhaps then it's a good idea to leave it to my team to do those templates. :D

In either case, you'll do well on Bodis. :) Welcome aboard.

•••
Matt. I'm still confused. So how do I enter the two word keyword, auto insurance. Is that "auto insurance","car insurance","motorcycle insurance" on the keyword line (including the " and ,?). How do I differentiate between a master keyword (you said we could have three, which also confuses me) and just a keyword. And when should we use a master keyword or just a plain keyword? I'm only used to putting single keywords with spaces on the keyword line. So I'm confused about these technicalities.

Also. It might be nice if we could have a preview button so that we can see what the new template looks like on the selected domain. It might be needed if we are playing around with keywords.

Last edited:
•••
1-click templates are those with advertisements on the home page.

2-click templates are those with keywords on the home page, and advertisements on the sub pages.

Thank you for your answers, make thanks.
Have you any input on the conversion rate ?
I guess the 2-click might be more effective ?

Currently thinking on switching to Bodis (sedo now). You make good advertisement for your service ;)

•••
hello sir. today i add one domain in my account. can you please guide me how i change my template and the related link or search links. thanks

•••
hello sir. today i add one domain in my account. can you please guide me how i change my template and the related link or search links. thanks

Both these options will be coming in the future weeks, as according to previous posts in this thread.

For now, there are just 2 templates that are determined by the optimization system.

•••
2-click vs 1-click depends on the domain name and the ads that our upstream providers set on the 1-click template. If they set correct ads, 1-click is better. If their ads are not as targeted, then 2-click is better.

As far as setting related keywords and links, you can do that by setting a master keyword from the Manage Domains section.

•••
Matt. I'm still confused. Are you saying domain.com,keyword when adding domains is different to putting the keyword in manage domains?

I still don't understand how we put in multiple word keywords when adding domains. Take your "car insurance" example. How do we enter this as a single keyword, and not as two words "car" and "insurance"?

I still don't understand the difference between a master keyword and a plain keyword. Is a master keyword always the first three keywords and any after that are just plain keywords?

•••
Hmmm I think you are confused with the concept of master keywords, maybe I need to add that to knowledge base soon.

The master keyword for your domain name sets all the related keywords on the landing page. Usually a landing page is made up of a good number of related keywords (10-30) depending on the template.

Setting a master keyword of "games", will generate 10-30 related keywords on template that are related to "games". If you set master keyword "car insurance", then you will get 10-30 keywords on landing page that are related to car insurance. Ofcourse, you enter this into the box WITHOUT the quotes around it.

Now if you want to have a landing page based on games AND car insurance, you simply enter it into the master keyword box as "games,car insurance", WITHOUT the quotes. Not recommended, but Bodis system will try to read the first 3 master keywords that are separated by a comma and generate related keywords based on that.

If you add a domain without a master keyword, system tries to figure out the related keywords based on the domain name and other algorithms.

Using the master keyword when adding a domain is the same as when entering into the box in Manage Domains. As a matter of fact, if you add a domain with a master keyword such as:

carinsurance.com,car insurance

You will notice that in the Manage Domains "car insurance" master keyword is in the box.

Overall point: the master keyword is a suggestion for our system. Based on it we create all the 30 or so related keywords on the landing page template.

So if you want to use multiple master keywords (not recommended once again), this what you'd do when adding a domain:

cargamesdomain.com,car insurance,games

Then in Manage domains under master keyword you'll see "car insurnace,games".

Hope that explains it. If not, let me know and I'll try to give it another shot.

•••
OK Get it. You separate the keywords with a comma when adding domains. So we can add up to 3 master keywords when adding domains? Is that correct?

•••
nowadays bodis allow only to put the master keyword in managing domain.
is that correct? when i log in I can just set it and see the report...

•••
Thank you for putting more light on the mechanisms behind master keywords. If I understand correctly, the ads are matched with that auto-generated keywords rather than master keywords (in other words, setting a master keyword affects the ads indirectly)? This would also explain me a slight decrease on revenues from certain domains since the custom keywords were removed from the new Bodis and I had used customs for those domains (I know, they are back soon :) ).

•••
Matt, just popped in to say congrats the new templates are looking good and bodis has really progressed a lot since the first beta when we used it.

Plan to add a few domains and take it for a test run myself soon.

I had one question - any movement in adding website apps ala whypark? Or is Bodis going to focus on remaining a parking only solution?

•••
Stats stuck?

The stats haven't updated for a few hours, anyone else seeing this?

•••
Working on it...seems that one of the servers (that keeps stats) suddenly decided to switch timezones in the middle of the night - for no reason. So every time reporting was trying to update it was fetching stats an hour ahead that didn't exist.

Should be current in about 1 hour.

•••
Thank you for putting more light on the mechanisms behind master keywords. If I understand correctly, the ads are matched with that auto-generated keywords rather than master keywords (in other words, setting a master keyword affects the ads indirectly)? This would also explain me a slight decrease on revenues from certain domains since the custom keywords were removed from the new Bodis and I had used customs for those domains (I know, they are back soon :) ).

The indirect would be correct. It is based on your best related keywords which are generated based on the master keyword (if there is one), otherwise based on internal algo.

The custom keywords were removed from the UI. We switched from showing them on top of the auto keywords to being rotated with the auto keywords, this way the highest RPM keywords (whether it is custom or auto), is the ones that are shown first. We've been doing this for a few months and there shouldn't be any drop of revenue because of it. But do let me know if you see something otherwise.

Matt, just popped in to say congrats the new templates are looking good and bodis has really progressed a lot since the first beta when we used it.

Plan to add a few domains and take it for a test run myself soon.

I had one question - any movement in adding website apps ala whypark? Or is Bodis going to focus on remaining a parking only solution?

Thanks! ;)

We will remain as a traditional parking solution. There are guidelines we must follow that are set out by our primary upstream provider.

One of these guidelines is that we cannot have any content or custom text on the landing pages, such as descriptions, titles, etc.

If you'll notice, only Yahoo based parking companies have custom content. :cy:

•••
Matt,

Is it possible to incorporate google analytics into Bodis by asking us for the website profile ID for the website profile we create in our google account? This would prevent abuse and give Bodis another leg up on the competition.

What do you think?

•••
From the beginning of February my revenue has fallen down almost two times. And it's happening contrary to adding new domains with traffic/clicks. All responses from your support were - We have checked all the things and it looks like everything ok. cfguru360 answered to pm that some of my domains were de-indexed and he would try to figure it out . And that's all. I didn't receive any respond that could explain me what the hell is going on. The situation is going worse. My revenue still falling down :(

Last edited:
•••
I think Google analytics sounds like a serious idea. The problem is that what G analytics offers we will soon have in UI (charting, referrers, countries, etc), and it'd just be adding another slow down to the page. So I am seriously on the fence on that one. If there's a specific reason for it, please tell me.

To keepsmile: already PMed you a pretty detailed message but let me repeat myself so others know the same. Google recently undergone an update to their index that removed a lot of sites that were low in quality. This affects parked domains. Please read it in the news, it is all over the news.

I'm not sure about others, but we were hit by this and therefore the # of visitors (and clicks) have dropped about 3 days ago.

They want to get rid of all parked domains from the search results. You can follow Google referrals using the API, we have all the data there, such as how many clicks you get from Google referrals daily, etc. You can see what is happening clearly in the API, and this will be in the UI very soon as well.

•••
Can anyone comment as to how well credit consolidation names might do at Bodis?

I have a .ca at Sedo with EPC of about 0.80 with 45% CTR. Just wondering if Bodis might be better.

Thanks...

•••
To keepsmile: already PMed you a pretty detailed message but let me repeat myself so others know the same. Google recently undergone an update to their index that removed a lot of sites that were low in quality. This affects parked domains. Please read it in the news, it is all over the news.

I'm not sure about others, but we were hit by this and therefore the # of visitors (and clicks) have dropped about 3 days ago.

They want to get rid of all parked domains from the search results. You can follow Google referrals using the API, we have all the data there, such as how many clicks you get from Google referrals daily, etc. You can see what is happening clearly in the API, and this will be in the UI very soon as well.

Could you please PM me which of my domains were de-indexed ?
Also, could you please explain in this thread how to figure out if domain indexed or de-indexed ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back