BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Web Trader said:
Does anyone have more knowledge about the things I raised about JavaScript vs. HTML in my previous post (#51)? I'm not exactly an expert in it and I don't doubt there must be some around who know a lot more about that.

Its possible for someone showing your page through an iframe etc to alter the links you place with javascript, exchanging your aff id with their own. There really isn't a sure fire way to stop that. If you javascript the links they would only have to download the page and style, javascript via curl or other methods and alter the javascript function to use their aff id. I've never heard of this but I'm sure it happends. Hope that helps

Jay

•••
what happens to those of us that have got our account discontinued?

•••
trendicator said:
what happens to those of us that have got our account discontinued?
All accounts will be reinstated.

•••
Shockt said:
All accounts will be reinstated.

great, thanks for the update, kevin

look forward to the bodis 2.0

•••
This new Bodis looks awesome and with features to match. I'm seriously looking forward to the launch and moving many more of my domains across.

Matt.

•••
i hope they'd do it asap.

•••
I'm getting ready w/ pics, articles, color schemes etc .....

Looking forward to this.

namenut

"Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 18 (16 members and 2 guests) "

•••
Boy, this is taking much longer than predicted. :'(

GIL

•••
I think the Bodis 2.0 thread was a bit premature. The new hype is dying already.

•••
nu-money said:
I think the Bodis 2.0 thread was a bit premature. The new hype is dying already.

I dunno .... almost everytime I come in here there are near or as many peeps
viewing this thread as there are in chat :]

"Be ... the ball ....na na na na na .... na na na na na"
Bill Muuray Chevy Chase ~ Caddyshack

Thank You bobdigital ... it was Chevy.

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
Wow,

web trader, how many posts did you have to look thru to find that link?
Very fast - was part of that thread.

baxter said:
Its possible for someone showing your page through an iframe etc to alter the links you place with javascript, exchanging your aff id with their own. There really isn't a sure fire way to stop that. If you javascript the links they would only have to download the page and style, javascript via curl or other methods and alter the javascript function to use their aff id. I've never heard of this but I'm sure it happends. Hope that helps

Jay
Well, as I said, I don't really know much about this, but I was under the impression that the concern was more like some people having browsers in a vulnerable state that get infected with malware, which then hijacks and mods your affiliate urls when the user tries to visit the vendor through your links.

trendicator said:
i hope they'd do it asap.
What's that, Trendicator? You say you hope they do it in ASP.NET? :)

nu-money said:
Maybe just more like when the eye of the hurricane is passing over now.

Last edited:
•••
Doh! I went on vacation and came back fully expecting to see the new 2.0 pages. So my guess is that we should shoot for next week maybe? Interestingly, even the domain with the featured shots of 2.0 (VideoGamesNews.com) is now parked on fabulous..... what's up with that?!

•••
I think they delay is building even MORE anticipation... although now it's slowly turning to anger....

•••
Guys, I am sure it is coming soon, not to worry. I am sure Matt is working hard at it right now as we speak. This is why people do not like giving dates when it comes to development because there are a million things that can go wrong and people get angry.

The old saying goes "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

•••
I will be upgrading the landing pages to production at 1 AM EST. (or 12 midnight CST). That's in about 2 hours

I tried my best upgrading the old images to the new system. Some images converted well, others look disastrous. 14 domains has corrupted images on the old version..? Not sure how that happened. Those 14 domains will use our "Default" category image.

All new feeds will be running on these new landing pages as well.

I will open Bodis.com which should be soon after I push these landing pages live. The landing pages were the hard part.

PS

All domain names that will now be moved to production will have "for sale" disabled until Bodis.com website is upgraded on Sunday evening or Monday morning.

The Bodis.com website will also be down on Saturday evening. No users will be able to login until we update it to the upgrade.

Once again, sorry for all delays.

•••
I was one of those who got kicked off the original Bodis for not making enough money or not having enough domains, or whatever. Will we be allowed back on Bodis 2.0?

•••
cfguru360 said:
Once again, sorry for all delays.

Don't be sorry. As long as you have it right, that's what most of us care about.
:imho:

•••
simonj said:
I was one of those who got kicked off the original Bodis for not making enough money or not having enough domains, or whatever. Will we be allowed back on Bodis 2.0?

Yes.

The people that were kicked out with withheld payments are the only ones that will not be allowed back in.

•••
is there a working bodis parking page that we can have a peak of somewhere?

•••
You'll be able to see it momentarily.

The 5 GB of data is being uploaded to production servers right now.

•••
•••
I'm not the only one still seeing all the old stuff...right?

•••
I also see nothing new. Is there something we have to activate within our account?

Thanks

•••
nothing new under the roman sun either... :tu:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back