BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SMBGeek said:
Before you complain anymore ask yourself these questions:
How much do you pay a month to use Bodis?
How many other parking companies offer 100% rev sharing?
When was the last time Sedo or DS asked you what you wanted to see in there new parking program update?
Can you move your domains to another parking service during the meanwhile?
Once this update is complete has it been promised to help revenue, your revenue?

if you still feel like complaining here is an idea: Go Start your own parking program, offer 100% rev share, build it around the needs of a community of domainers and then let us critique your work, your deadlines, and your speed.

Stop taking the high road. You aren't special. We all have legitimate concerns.

Ryan

•••
At what point did bodis come out of beta and into a commercial service?

•••
SMBGeek said:
At what point did bodis come out of beta and into a commercial service?

The two are not mutually exclusive, whether or not there is a fee charged.

-Allan :gl:

•••
I'm updating the Bodis.com in next 10 minutes.

•••
Morning Matt,

Give us a heads up. Natives are starting to put on warpaint and stack wood. :notme:

EDIT .... Just a couple of minutes late. Good to hear from you Matt. Hope all goes well.

•••
I am looking forward to the update!!!!!

•••
Oh yeah, that European feed that we have now is the YAHOO EU feed, and it is doing good. I can't wait to announce new ways of monetizing domain names in a few minutes. :xf.love:

•••
Greaaaaaaat! :blink: :blink:

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Phew. Almost there, just got to open registration + login. :)

Okay so what is the BIG way of monetizing domain names that a lot of people have not even heard about?

PPV = Pay Per Visit. (AKA Zero-Click).

We pay you on a visitor basis rather than click basis. That means your visitor comes in and is automatically redirected to the advertiser site and you get paid for that visit. Cool, huh?

Great, now I have to take a nap since I haven't slept since July 7th, 2008, and when I wake up I'll open the login/registration since I have to carefully monitor that as that will have a lot of things functioning all at the same time. :) Hopefully people get happy over the Zero-Click as I nap. :]

Last edited:
•••
•••
And..I...can't log in...

*cries*

Just a plain white screen when I click login.

•••
We pay you on a visitor basis rather than click basis. That means your visitor comes in and is automatically redirected to the advertiser site and you get paid for that visit. Cool, huh?

Wow. You got advertisers line up for that already? What types of niches? That's pretty radical alright.

•••
netmeg said:
Wow. You got advertisers line up for that already? What types of niches? That's pretty radical alright.

It's through a company that gets the advertisers for us. According to them, 72,000 advertisers along with global support.

Actually, it's 3 companies. Not sure on what the other ones have.

The system adjusts between PPC and PPV. If they don't like the domain name then we default to landing page. Or if we calculate that the RPM on PPC is better we also default to landing page.

•••
•••
That's pretty cool.

I tried to log in though, and got a blank page for myaccount/index.html or whatever the url was. I was logged in, but got the blank page.

•••
Thanks.

We also have a marketplace for buying/selling domain names. So far it is pretty basic. Make an offer, attach a comment, that's about it. Although, that'll be one of the main things I'll be focusing on within this new project, so withing a few weeks I plan to have it much bigger and better than Sedo's/Afternic's.

Also, we prevent fraud a little better than Sedo - at least I hope we will. All buyers MUST add a valid credit card to their account before submitting offers.

If they bid and don't pay within x amount of days, I think it is 10 as per our terms, then we automatically charge them a fee for the labor on our side. (Which is $80). Credit cards ONLY will prevent too many fraud users from making accounts. And those that do, will learn quickly from our auto-fee-charging system.

On top of that, we only take 6% commission and a minimum sale fee of $35. The only thing we have different is that our minimum sale price is $100. I think in today's day and age, anything under $100 is not really worth it for either Bodis.com or the seller. I mean, 1 filled up gas tank in the average car is almost $100 these days...so.....off to the nap. :)

•••
Well, at least I got an error this time....

Login temporarily disabled as we upgrade our service.

•••
I won't be updating the login / registration until I wake up. I haven't slept last night at all. I have to monitor a lot. Like someone said it was live for a few seconds because I forgot to take it down. Once I put them live I have to monitor all activity since there's a lot of new things that could go wrong (but hopefully not). I don't want to let everyone login and then fall asleep because if something goes wrong during my sleep - could be ugly....so in a few hours.

I just put the Bodis.com pages up since people were really waiting for this for a long time and wanted to show something.

Now I really have to go nap! :)

•••
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I give up.

•••
Ok, I'm in no rush. We've waited this long. Go sleep.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back