BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone from Europe noticed new ads displaying on any of bodis parked pages from this new international feed? Here in the states I am still only seeing ads from arbitrage type sites.....curious if it is different for other countries.

•••
i am seeing European ads.

dm

•••
I'm happy with Bodis, and I think it's better to take the time to make sure everything is working right. I've got more domains I'm ready to add.

•••
I've got domains I would like to move too, especially if V2 is better than V1 - when will I be able to move them across ?

•••
The Bodis.com Account Management is currently down due to major system upgrades.

You will not be able to log in during this upgrade. Estimated down time: 24-48 hours.
When did this start?

•••
bobdigital said:
When did this start?

Approximately 168-192 hours ago.
:p

•••
Fragger said:
Approximately 168-192 hours ago.
:p

:hehe:

No disrespects to Matt but I had to giggle.

•••
•••
Yes.. no offense, Matt, but you might want to start using more realistic numbers when you mention how long you think things will take. being overly optimistic isn't good, it's better to be pessimistic and come in ahead of schedule than the other way around.
Several days ago you even used the expression "any minute".

Not a complaint, just advice.

•••
tap, tap, tap...

This is getting a little rediculous

•••
gorlov said:
Yes.. no offense, Matt, but you might want to start using more realistic numbers when you mention how long you think things will take. being overly optimistic isn't good, it's better to be pessimistic and come in ahead of schedule than the other way around.

Exactly. We are just trying to help. A lot of people are wasting their time by continuously checking to see if Bodis V2 is up and running. We are checking so much since updated posts imply that V2 will be up and running "any minute". I could care less on how long it takes. The longer the better really, because this means the end product will be better.

Just let us know the "realistic" time that Bodis v2 will be released. This will make everyone here happier.

Sincerely,
Ryan

•••
gorlov said:

Matt's not old enough to be a pessimist yet. :hehe:

•••
I just really want to change some of the pictures that have come up on some of my parked pages...!

•••
Well how about if he just says it'll be up when it's up? You all keep pushing him into naming a date, and then get upset if he doesn't make it. What's the big deal? Honestly, if people are wasting their time refreshing the page trying to figure out if v2 is live yet, then they need to find better things to do with their time.

•••
This has got to be the most boring - unproductive and timewasting thread about something that has been promised nearly a year ago and may never happen.

I am sure that Bodis is benefiting from all the traffic hits they get on their domain name because of forum posts like this.

Is ANYONE making money with Bodis at this moment?

How about some stats including the number of domains parked?

•••
domainsusi said:
Is ANYONE making money with Bodis at this moment?

Here's how my names have done:

Sep, Oct, Jan, Feb - Exceptional

Nov, Dec - Average

Since May - Below Average

My names are still making money but not as much as the good days. I think the new version will improve earnings and I don't mind waiting.

•••
Ok, I hate to say this but at this point I think something went seriously wrong on Matt's end. I am a programmer and I know how sometimes things hit the fan unexpectedly and there doesn't seem to be a solution in sight. And usually it's when the end users are waiting impatiently for the end result.

I also know that when these things happen I usually avoid the end users (not a good idea, I know) until I have something positive to report. The missed deadlines and silence have all the tell tale signs of a serious problem. I feel for you, Matt. Whatever you are going thru right now, it can't be pretty. Good luck!

I am not saying this to sound all gloom and doomy, but so that people can give the poor boy some slack and let him think it thru without having to worry about us as well.

•••
netmeg said:
Well how about if he just says it'll be up when it's up? You all keep pushing him into naming a date, and then get upset if he doesn't make it.

That's fine. If he said "it'll be up when it's up", I would be happy with that. But if he can't stand the pressure of people of asking for a release date, then how is he going to handle the pressures of running a parking business.

•••
Maybe there is nothing wrong at all. Perhaps Matt just had a moment of divine inspiration and said screw it with Bodis 2.0, and is now hard at work pumping out Bodis 3.5. ;)

•••
I think everyone needs to chill and get a life.

He'll get there when he get's there and all the whinging and bitching ain't going to change that.

•••
briman1970 said:
Matt's not old enough to be a pessimist yet. :hehe:

the best post i ve seen for months now :)

•••
Matt, if you read this, is there any chance the legacy management section could be put back up so we can at least check our stats? For those of us with hundreds of domains on Bodis, it is kind of disheartening to go for nearly 10 days without knowing how any of our domains are performing... and if they should be elsewhere in the meantime.

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
I think everyone needs to chill and get a life.

He'll get there when he get's there and all the whinging and bitching ain't going to change that.

"Chilling" and "getting a life" have very little to do with questioning the status of an update that is days overdue... While it may be that nothing happens as a result (Squeaky wheel getting some grease?), folks asking for the ability to check the status of domains that have been parked for over a week without the ability to check stats are justified in asking for a sit-rep beyond what has been provided.

We can keep things civil, but there's nothing wrong with asking. B-)

-Allan :gl:

•••
Before you complain anymore ask yourself these questions:
How much do you pay a month to use Bodis?
How many other parking companies offer 100% rev sharing?
When was the last time Sedo or DS asked you what you wanted to see in there new parking program update?
Can you move your domains to another parking service during the meanwhile?
Once this update is complete has it been promised to help revenue, your revenue?

if you still feel like complaining here is an idea: Go Start your own parking program, offer 100% rev share, build it around the needs of a community of domainers and then let us critique your work, your deadlines, and your speed.

•••
SMBGeek said:
Before you complain anymore ask yourself these questions:
How much do you pay a month to use Bodis?
How many other parking companies offer 100% rev sharing?
When was the last time Sedo or DS asked you what you wanted to see in there new parking program update?
Can you move your domains to another parking service during the meanwhile?
Once this update is complete has it been promised to help revenue, your revenue?

if you still feel like complaining here is an idea: Go Start your own parking program, offer 100% rev share, build it around the needs of a community of domainers and then let us critique your work, your deadlines, and your speed.

I think you are missing the point here. First, I really don't see anyone complaining. More like asking questions. For those of us with large domain portfolio's, making a large portion of our incomes from their profits, it is more than in our right to at least ask to be able to see the stats or performance when we have been in the dark for almost two weeks. For me, I make hundreds a week in parking, and in a good week upwards of a thousand. So for me, this long without monitoring performance levels definitely affects things. I would be asking the same questions with the other parking companies I use ( parked.com, fabulous, and sedopro) if they did an update and I was unable to track my income for this long. And the main reason I ask if it is possible to at least see the legacy management control is because from what were were told by Matt, it would be roughly 24 hours without stats.

Also, It is a major pain to switch the nameservers on large portfolios of domains, and for those that are indexed, it drops them out of SE's rather quickly. It's not as simple as just "switching your domains over for the meantime". Also, I was ready to move many of my domains away from Bodis, but then Matt said revenue was up 25% and the control panel would be ready in a day or two. So I kept them. But now, I am still seeing the same arbitrage ads but cannot confirm if revenue is actually increasing. All the while my domains revenue stays unbeknown to me. Once again, I'm not complaining. But for those of us in which this revenue is our livelihood, I feel we do have some implicit rights.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back