Dynadot

news . biz, environment is about to change. The question is How?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

John V

Established Member
Impact
On Monday, GoDaddy announced it is acquiring Neustar’s domain name registry business and renaming it GoDaddy Registry. After long resisting vertical integration, GoDaddy decided it was time to own a registry business. GoDaddy will now be both the wholesaler and retailer when a Neustar domain is registered at GoDaddy. Now how is that going to effect .biz domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yesterday ai.biz dropped but was reserved by the registry. I've never seen that happen with .biz before. Not sure if its related or not, seems too soon.

•••
yesterday ai.biz dropped but was reserved by the registry. I've never seen that happen with .biz before. Not sure if its related or not, seems too soon.

They have been collecting 2 LL .biz for along time now... Ive been tracking them for years.

This is one of my fav gtlds.

•••
I honestly just hope they dont skyrocket the prices.... Lets bring .biz back!

•••

Relates to premium .biz recently implemented, Grego. Dont drop your .biz, if it’s premium .biz, cost 10K year-1 and back normal renew Y2-10

“In past few months expired and deleted .biz showed as unavailable for registration. Whois: “Reserved” mostly 3 letter and one word .biz”

https://onlinedomain.com/2020/03/13...ming-to-biz-domains-org-and-info-will-follow/

Nothing has changed under Godaddy

Last edited:
•••

i first noticed biz reserving domains for themselves few months ago.

maybe its best that way.. at least domainers will not spend money on nearly impossible to sell tld.

i sitll check daily expired .biz names among the lists of few other tlds i check... or keywords... so I know exactly what drops now.. what was dropping for months or years.. that alone says a lot about where this tld is and where its going. even xyz doesn't offer such a good selection of expired 1word domains... on the scale of popularity.. and yet nobody even bothrs to pick those up. so yes, let biz registry reserve it all if they want. its a deadend for us.

•••
Last week I have purchased several .biz, domains. My info shows up on Godaddy whois but not on the iccan whois. ??? Also godaddy won't allow me to list it for sale. ???

•••
Screenshot_20200410-235022_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can anyone explain the extra $10,000 apparently added on this domain.

I'm assuming if this sold the buyer would have to pay an extra 10,000 on top of original price.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Because is a "premium" name

I'm assuming if this sold the buyer would have to pay an extra 10,000 on top of original price.

If the seller set an original price of $10,000, this would then equate to over $20,000

I'm asking as this is my name.

Last edited:
•••
Does that mean I should raise my LL.biz domain?

•••
Does that mean I should raise my LL.biz domain?
That would be wise. or pull it until.... Values on godaddy are are already up.

•••

If the seller set an original price of $10,000, this would then equate to over $20,000

I'm asking as this is my name.
The renewal price shows 20.54, only the first reg would be 10000, I think so, same as .top.

Last edited:
•••
I feel like they’re going to make renewals very high... special for LL...

•••
Random letter 4Ls .biz all now seem to be 89.25.

•••
•••
Only two .biz I own are:

Owner.biz

Sailor.biz

Wonder how things will change.

•••
Are they saleable at all? An end customer may not want to spend so much money? ? :unsure: ?

•••
Are they saleable at all? An end customer may not want to spend so much money? ? :unsure: ?

Exactly my thinking, has this made a hard to sell domain even more unsellable. :ROFL:

•••
I feel like they’re going to make renewals very high... special for LL...

Premiums are Not allowed in .biz agreement

they circumvent rule by make first year 10k

Then charge normal renewal price thereafter

Last edited:
•••

Oh you’re def not going to sell a .biz to an end user anytime soon. That ship has sailed

•••
Premiums are Not allowed in .biz agreement

they circumvent the rule by just making Y1 10k

theirs no cap on .biz domains

•••
•••
•••
But you know at least that you have a premium domain. This is an advantage... as it says so nicely: we have to wait and watch the market ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back