IT.COM

domains GoDaddy acquiring Uniregistry's registrar & marketplace, and Name Administration's domain portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The first blockbuster deal of the decade. GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the company that empowers everyday entrepreneurs, today announced it is acquiring Uniregistry's leading domain registrar and marketplace businesses. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close sometime in Q2 2020. The Uniregistry domain registry is not part of the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On the topic of what is FS going to do now? He invested in Desktop.com which is run by domain industry veteran Rolf Larsen, who incidentally is now launching a domain brokerage service.

•••
Can anyone please tell me who is running uniregsitry now?
is it godaddy or still old uni staff?
I still see some old uni brokers dealing with the leads. They always say Buyer seems confused when we get any lead.

•••
I doubt they'd just get rid of all of the existing staff this early...? Won't they want to want to unify the back end systems that they use and then realise the synergy benefits later on?

•••
Pretty sure they retained the staff and offices, just renamed the company to GoDaddy Online Services Cayman Islands Ltd.

Last edited:
•••
Pretty sure they retained the staff and offices, just renamed the company to GoDaddy Online Services Cayman Islands Ltd.

GoDaddy is very determined to maintain the team and continue to support the investor community. The "rename" is really a new company that allows it to keep the team and continue to operate in Cayman.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back