Dynadot

domains GoDaddy acquiring Uniregistry's registrar & marketplace, and Name Administration's domain portfolio

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The first blockbuster deal of the decade. GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the company that empowers everyday entrepreneurs, today announced it is acquiring Uniregistry's leading domain registrar and marketplace businesses. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close sometime in Q2 2020. The Uniregistry domain registry is not part of the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Holy moly! Just got the email.

Now gd can dump their site and relabel the uni site.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Was this a profitable sale for Uniregistry? I don't think that many used Uniregistry..Can we get a poll going??

Last edited:
•••
Via domaininvesting.com

GoDaddy announced a major corporate acquisition in a press release this morning. GoDaddy will be acquiring Uniregistry, the company founded and operated by Frank Schilling. Uniregistry operates a Cayman-based domain name registrar and domain name brokerage platform. GoDaddy is also acquiring Name Administration, a related entity, which owns a portfolio of more than 350,000 domain […]

Read more of this post

I find this very intriguing... just wonder how this will impact aftermarket sales...?
I stopped using uniregistry for sometime because of poor results... but lets see what Godaddy does..

I just hope Godaddy doesn't treat it like Afternic and make no improvements..

Read on Uniregistry blog here
Frank had the most great domain names on the internet.

•••
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 18.11.09.png

•••
Not sure how I feel about it, fear initially, but the GD business is changing so there is hope.

•••
•••
I moved all my domains out from uniregistry already so I am good :)

•••
Wow Godaddy also buying Brandsight, going to give Mark Monitor a run for their money, I wonder if Frank also owned a portion of Brandsight also?

•••
As soon as I got the email, I saw 7 different threads mentioning the news on NP lol.

RIP Uni?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I always wondered if Uni bit off too much with NGtlds. Maybe they needed GD to rescue them.

•••
We need competition, so can never be good for the industry as a whole. Too much concentrated in one, very rigid hand.

•••
Is this a good thing or bad?

So Godaddy will instantly own all marketplace sales data?

I guess godaddy gave up on building their domain manager out.... so they are going to own all Uni portions except the gtlds, which they probably didn’t want?

I guess a lot of names will move out of Uni now, looks like many people stopped using the landers, and moved to Dan.

Looks like new ceo is making a splash.

Last edited:
•••
I just got the email.
Holy Cow!

tumblr_inline_oqf2872LXG1rku3fs_400.gif

•••
I will be moving my domains for sure. Starting tonight.

•••
Does this sale include all the new extensions that Frank tried to gouge registrants on like .Guitars, .HipHop, and others by grossly raising the price? The ones where GoDaddy dropped them because of Frank's actions.

I can't believe they would have any interest in those.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I will be moving my domains for sure. Starting tonight.
Where are you headed, Epik?

Maybe a good time for some registrars to have promos for transfers.

•••
•••
Wow, this is really surprising!

•••
that moment when you have no domains neither with gd nor with uni

•••
Does this sale include all the new extensions that Frank tried to gouge registrants on like .Guitars, .HipHop, and others where GoDaddy dropped them because of Frank's actions?

I can't believe they would have any interest in those.

Brad
No, extensions are not included, to much of a legal headache probably. Basically namefind is on steroids now.

Maybe they have a new domains manager, I am
sure their engineers will be dissecting all that code, and trying to integrate it.

The new CEO caught a break, right place, right time, willing seller.

•••
•••
Back