Dynadot

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yesterday's sales on Bido.com

zinnia.info $28.00
advert.mx $100.00
mountainviewdentist.com $28.00
insomniaproblem.com $79.00
drugswiki.com $205.00
cannabisweb.com $100.00
retirees.de $28.00
rcju.com $28.00
erate.us $75.00
equinox.us $50.00
solitariogratis.com $28.00
cardamom.in (bp) $28.00
budgethotel.in (bp) $28.00
anniversaries.de $28.00
e3e.org $90.00

the above list were all sold on Bido.com yesterday.

(bp)-The BidoPrice was not met, but the seller accepted the high bid.
(acc)-This auction is an Accelerated Auction. Either the seller skipped the voting process by using Bido Credits, or a bidder placed a preliminary bid.

You can view the entire list of what's selling on Bido at this link: http://www.bido.com/SalesArchive

If you're interested in selling your inventory on Bido, it's free to list at this link: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

•••
Yesterday's sales on Bido.com

nofeecashadvance.com $38.00
regularmen.com (bp) $44.00
fhorn.com (bp) $28.00
largestnumber.com $28.00
cornflour.net $31.00
opticaldigitalcable.com $28.00
webbanners.org (acc) $39.00
puckapunyal.com (acc) $28.00
catdiscipline.com (acc) $28.00
paraphrasing.net (acc) $28.00
fallwedding.net $133.00
gothicsculpture.com $35.00
chairswings.com $39.00
sixpackstomach.com $36.00
toddlerswings.com $28.00
coastersets.com $50.00
infantswings.com $101.00
lampsets.net $28.00
forexsecrets.info $28.00
24-hr.com $40.00
3dvideorecorder.com (bp) $50.00

the above list were all sold on Bido.com yesterday.

(bp)-The BidoPrice was not met, but the seller accepted the high bid.
(acc)-This auction is an Accelerated Auction. Either the seller skipped the voting process by using Bido Credits, or a bidder placed a preliminary bid.

You can view the entire list of what's selling on Bido at this link: http://www.bido.com/SalesArchive

If you're interested in selling your inventory on Bido, it's free to list at this link: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

•••
I was really suprised to see the default minimum bid increased by almost 40% today ... equally so that I get what feels like 100 e-mails a week from Bido and check the 'feedback' section of the site almost every time I log in, but have never seen anything about it until it was put on the blog this morning.

Frank

•••
Voting needs sorting out

How many votes?

1. 1
2. 2
3. 3

Cost in Voting Points:
10 10 (2000 remaining)

Earnings Calculator

My Voting Power (?):
70%

My Statistics Vote History

so ive 2000 remaining yet I can put a 3 vote score down at a cost of 60 points?

•••
some questions i cant find in the FAQ

how long before i can resubmit 'auction closed without winner' and 'transcation cancelled' domains

•••
What is going on with the voting system - are you no longer giving people complimentary Bido points, i.e., people have to pay to vote by buying Bido credits? Hard to believe you'd make an awful change like this but last I checked I had over 1900 or so points. I tried to vote this morning and I get this message:

"You don't have enough Bido Credits at this time to exchange them for Voting Points. You may either wait until the 1st of next month, when you will get 0 complimentary Voting Points added to your account automatically, or you may purchase 1 Bido Credit and exchange it for 2220 Voting Points from here."

I looked to see and, sure enough, I now have 0 complimentary voting points, where it should have been nearly 2000. Is this an error, or is Bido now strictly pay-to-play?

•••
I believe that it was an error as I received an email this morning saying that my weekly voting points were reset to 0...whereas they are normally reset to 2200 (or something similar). Hope this is cleared up soon.

What is going on with the voting system - are you no longer giving people complimentary Bido points, i.e., people have to pay to vote by buying Bido credits? Hard to believe you'd make an awful change like this but last I checked I had over 1900 or so points. I tried to vote this morning and I get this message:

"You don't have enough Bido Credits at this time to exchange them for Voting Points. You may either wait until the 1st of next month, when you will get 0 complimentary Voting Points added to your account automatically, or you may purchase 1 Bido Credit and exchange it for 2220 Voting Points from here."

I looked to see and, sure enough, I now have 0 complimentary voting points, where it should have been nearly 2000. Is this an error, or is Bido now strictly pay-to-play?

•••
I too had 2000 points still available a few days back, then it would not allow me to use them, even though these points were ones I actually paid for. Then the next day it showed 0, and then today I see this email

Hello

It's the start of a new week at Bido, so we have reset your complimentary voting points to 0. You have all week to use these points to vote on inventory that you wish to see go to auction.

If something that you voted on sells, you become a partner in the profits. So be sure to use the credits and vote on inventory at Bido wisely. The first person to vote on an item earns the most. So be sure to check what's been submitted on a regular basis to find the gems first.

If you use up your complimentary voting points, you may exchange 1 Bido Credit for 2220 additional voting points.

Except those points I had were not complimentary, so where have my points gone and where is the new ones?

•••
some script error it appears :D instead of resetting to 2200 votes they reset to Zero :p

also i am seeing 38$ in place of 28$ min bid :-/

•••
•••
said:
Chip,

We did not issue complimentary voting points this week, sorry for the confusion. The amount of voting points that are given complimentary may vary at any time.

Regards,
Jarred

Note from Bido re: Voting points

Last edited:
•••
Note from Bido re: Voting points:

Chip,

We did not issue complimentary voting points this week, sorry for the confusion. The amount of voting points that are given complimentary may vary at any time.

Regards,
Jarred

Amusing the subtle implication that this was intentional. This doesn't make any sense given the messages people have been getting, including cmason's, which told him something along the lines of "your voting points have been reset to 0" (usually the same message says 2200), and shane mac's message, which told him he had ALL WEEK to use the ZERO complimentary points he received to vote on inventory - pretty funny stuff. Combine this with how people who actually PAID for points also had them reset to 0, and you have a glaring, unintentional problem.

Clearly, this was a big error. No worries. Just admit it, and give people their points back - at least to those who surprisingly paid for them!

•••
Yeah, I've been having that voting point issue, too.

•••
The $38 thing confuses me. It's not like it's going to increase submission quality; if anything it's going to serve to discourage marginal buyers who are looking for deals on non-premium domains. Be interesting to see what effect this has on sales given the number of domains that close at or barely above the old $28 threshold.

Frank

•••
from Bido.com website said:
Bido is ceasing operation as of May 5, 2010. All transactions and accounts will be gracefully finalized and closed.

Sorry to hear that and thank you to all the bido staff. Takes a lot of time and money to try and invent something new to an industry and I had hoped it would have worked out better. Cheers and I wish you success in future ventures.

We have posted an article on the closing on FreshAvails.com if you are interested in learning more.

Last edited:
•••
Wow, this is a shocker. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of the Bido staff. I made thousands of dollars in profit thanks to their site and met some great people. I am hoping that Sahar reports what has happened on his blog soon.

•••
Good luck to those behind Bido. They were always professional and responsive to their customer base.

Naturally I just used my last two credits to push two names to auction.

Watch for :
GolfClipsOnline.com
DieselPressureWashers.com - very narrow niche but ultimately profitable for lead generation or affiliates based on sale price of product.

At Bido whenever they pick the time...Or maybe never.

Once again thanks to the players behind Bido, may your competitors be horribly stricken with your customer service attitude. :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wow. Is this reality or merely a belated April Fools joke? Hate to say it but the time was imminent. BIDO made a lotta money at a time but then, they ventured off into many unsuccessful directions. Good luck to the staff, though. I've made a lotta cash with them and I'll surely miss them.

•••
HI

All I can say is what a shame... I also made some good money on Bido, and would even be willing to pay a small fee to list domains on there or pay a monthly membership fee..

Tom

•••
I'd love to hear more about what happened if and when a bigger statement is made?

•••
going... going........ gone !

•••
going... going........ gone !

"Hello chandan MA,

Congratulations, we've just credited your account $0.15 because you voted on an item at Bido that sold in auction. "

:) :-/

•••
I made about $3 with V4P. BIDO can keep it. It's nothing worth worrying about.

•••
Wow. Is this reality or merely a belated April Fools joke? Hate to say it but the time was imminent. BIDO made a lotta money at a time but then, they ventured off into many unsuccessful directions. Good luck to the staff, though. I've made a lotta cash with them and I'll surely miss them.

they made a lot of money eh? somehow i doubt that..would have to sell a pretty high volume of pricey domains to make a lot of money. either that or sell a craptop of low quality ones.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back