NameSilo

Bido.com - Social Auction Platform

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
NamePros welcomes BIDO as it's newest sponsor.

Check out Bido's revolutionary Social Auction Platform at www.bido.com
All auctions start at $1 with no reserve.

The list of upcoming auctions is here:
http://www.bido.com/Auctions

This is a discussion thread for comments, reviews and feedback about Bido and it's services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yesterday's sales on Bido.com

bankingcodes.com (bp) $28.00
flightinfomation.com $35.00
earlyobesity.com $43.00
marketingforum.us $28.00
collegesearch.in $28.00
ackn.com $47.00
iforexadvisor.com (bp) $52.00
deficit.in $32.00
societyhealth.com $28.00
gorilla.in $32.00
newestcameras.com $32.00
beancasserole.com $29.00
locators.in $28.00
kidblogger.com $38.00
primedrops.com $108.00
myold.com $35.00
differences.us $50.00

the above list were all sold on Bido.com yesterday.

(bp)-The BidoPrice was not met, but the seller accepted the high bid.
(acc)-This auction is an Accelerated Auction. Either the seller skipped the voting process by using Bido Credits, or a bidder placed a preliminary bid.

You can view the entire list of what's selling on Bido at this link: http://www.bido.com/SalesArchive

If you're interested in selling your inventory on Bido, it's free to list at this link: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

•••
Bido has a place in the domain industry but it's very disappointing to see so many domains go to auction and not sell. There is something fundamentally wrong with the current model for that to continually occur. The system is currently inefficient. Names are being sent to auction under the guise of voter incentive that have a snowball's chance in hell of selling.

It seams like you guys are fighting what bido wants to be - a simple place for mainly domainers to just sell names to each other quickly and with a larger exposure then they can get on the forums. Bido is becoming more complex and fancy when I believe it should be a simple and plain experience.

•••
Bido has a place in the domain industry but it's very disappointing to see so many domains go to auction and not sell.
What is also sad is that so many domains sell for the minimum bid of $28 or close.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the current model for that to continually occur.
First of all it's a domainer to domainer marketplace. 'Nuff said ;)

•••
Is this a bug? Nothing too serious in this case, but I could see the potential for problems down the road depending on what is going on...let me explain.

I submitted 2 domains today within several minutes of each other. I submitted them separately and not via your spreadsheet upload. I did not verify ownership for the first to get it on Bido before setting up my second auction. I figured I'd verify them both afterward.

So, after I finished setting them up, I went to verify the first & did the "send me an email option." I clicked on the link to send me an email, received the email successfully, and verified by clicking the link in your email - everything is good so far. I had not clicked on the link to send me an email about the second domain. I checked Bido & saw the first domain in the voting area. I look at the running auctions for a couple minutes & delay authorizing the second domain - it turns out there was an <ahem> mass upload & I want to avoid getting bumped down again.

I go back to the voting area again a couple minutes later to see if the mass uploader is finished (my first domain submitted just minutes prior is already bumped way down by now). Lo & behold, I see that my second auction is up for voting already! I get an email saying it had been approved, but here's the thing - I never verified my ownership for that domain! I never even clicked on the send me an email link.

What is going on? How did the second one get verified? As you can imagine this could create big problems if people can skip past verifying ownership.

•••
Is this a bug? Nothing too serious in this case, but I could see the potential for problems down the road depending on what is going on...let me explain.

I submitted 2 domains today within several minutes of each other. I submitted them separately and not via your spreadsheet upload. I did not verify ownership for the first to get it on Bido before setting up my second auction. I figured I'd verify them both afterward.

So, after I finished setting them up, I went to verify the first & did the "send me an email option." I clicked on the link to send me an email, received the email successfully, and verified by clicking the link in your email - everything is good so far. I had not clicked on the link to send me an email about the second domain. I checked Bido & saw the first domain in the voting area. I look at the running auctions for a couple minutes & delay authorizing the second domain - it turns out there was an <ahem> mass upload & I want to avoid getting bumped down again.

I go back to the voting area again a couple minutes later to see if the mass uploader is finished (my first domain submitted just minutes prior is already bumped way down by now). Lo & behold, I see that my second auction is up for voting already! I get an email saying it had been approved, but here's the thing - I never verified my ownership for that domain! I never even clicked on the send me an email link.

What is going on? How did the second one get verified? As you can imagine this could create big problems if people can skip past verifying ownership.

This sounds like it was verified by us internally after reviewing it. When we do that, we send you an email, as you indicated you received. We will in cases validate domains on behalf of customers as a courtesy. The reason is because there are challenges at times to send those emails, like you had mentioned. So lately we're assisting with verifications manually, from our end. This entire verification system is due for an overhaul and we're reviewing it.
If you ever have a specific question or need clarification about anything, we are reachable for fastest response and live chat at Bido Support or you may email me directly at [email protected]
Regards,
Jarred

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Bido has a place in the domain industry but it's very disappointing to see so many domains go to auction and not sell. There is something fundamentally wrong with the current model for that to continually occur. The system is currently inefficient. Names are being sent to auction under the guise of voter incentive that have a snowball's chance in hell of selling.

It seams like you guys are fighting what bido wants to be - a simple place for mainly domainers to just sell names to each other quickly and with a larger exposure then they can get on the forums. Bido is becoming more complex and fancy when I believe it should be a simple and plain experience.

Here at Bido, we auction stuff people want. We know that the items that go to auction are "in demand". Because the items that get voted to auction have been through a selection and filtering process, they are likely to be sold. That is how we know that we auction stuff people want. This does not mean that all will sell, but it does refine the list down to a manageable size for bidders each day to review what is for auction and place their bids with less noise or items that are not so much in demand to wade through. If our ratio is 1-in-8 or 1-in-10 (or anywhere near these ranges), at least it is far better than 1-in-3000 auctions that will sell (like chances for a sale when listing in other marketplaces). We dont say "all our auctions sell", but we do know that a very favorable percentage will. And they sell at levels that the seller was happy to get, or for more. When listing, sellers select their reserve price (we call this it's "BidoPrice"). If the high bid does not meet the BidoPrice, sellers have 24 hours to log in and click to accept the high bid, if they so desire. It's a fallback plan and a safety net. Bido provides liquidity to sellers looking to sell their domains.
As for being complex, that you had mentioned, we removed a few elements of the site recently and aim to improve the experience for all. Appreciate the discussion and the feedback, hope you keep it coming.

•••
What i dont understand is that my domains got verified yesterday and in 2hrs two domains had gotten enough votes to go to auction. So in general do people interested in buying them vote or are they mostly bids by the people of the incentive program that you have? Also can one person do multiple votes? Say someone interested in buying a domain votes multiple times to get it to auction? Also is the bido price visible to buyers or do they just see the starting auction bid and a reserve not met status?

•••

glaxxon - The BidoPrice is never hidden and can be seen on the voting and auction page at any time. The voters on Bido can indeed see the BidoPrice attached to domains and take that into considerationg when voting. What that means is when a voter comes in to vote, they look at the domain and BidoPrice attached to it - then vote accordingly. A single voter can vote 1-3 votes on any one domain, so if they see something they really like - they can spend the 3 votes. Or if they see something that they feel has lesser value, they can vote 1 or 2 votes. They can not do like you said though and just spam votes on one domain. Once the votes are placed they can not be removed and once all 10 votes are received, the domain is sent to auction. So hopefully that clears up any confusion. For the fastest response you can always shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] or catch us on our support page: http://support.bido.com

Full clarification on the Vote For Profits program can be found here: http://www.bido.com/VoteForProfits

travelchina.info $50.00
properties.mx $100.00
businessproperty.org $41.00
emailprogram.info (acc) $28.00
learningfrench.info $28.00
tourist.mx $100.00
30yearrefinancerate.com $28.00
fortuna.mx $100.00
fone.mx $100.00
fabrica.mx $100.00
telephone.mx $100.00
frutas.mx $200.00
actores.mx $100.00
cigarro.mx $108.00
bot.mx $100.00
discounted.in $55.00
silence.in $55.00
soya.in $60.00
rhinoplasticsurgery.com $109.00
yogatool.com $29.00
heliumsuppliers.com (bp) $28.00
homesecuritydenver.com $35.00
saga.in (bp) $50.00
sonic.tv $300.00
psychiatrists.info $500.00
streetsigns.org $225.00
recyclingcontractor.com $35.00
seniordiscountcards.com $28.00
mesotheliomatexas.com $60.00

(acc)-This auction is an Accelerated Auction. Either the seller skipped the voting process by using Bido Credits, or a bidder placed a preliminary bid.

You can view the entire list of what's selling on Bido at this link: http://www.bido.com/SalesArchive

If you're interested in selling your inventory on Bido, it's free to list at this link: http://www.bido.com/SubmitDomains

Last edited:
•••
posted by xdomainer:
Bido has a place in the domain industry but it's very disappointing to see so many domains go to auction and not sell.

You ever calculated the sell-through rate at SEDO? Not trying to be a smart ass, but seriously ... pretty abysmal at all of the major marketplaces; not sure why this would be a complaint about Bido in particular.

posted by sdsinc:
What is also sad is that so many domains sell for the minimum bid of $28 or close.

I don't know how else you'd valuate a domain than by what people will pay for it.

Frank

•••
there are a few gems that slip under the radar there, I bought my first dead on keyword product domain there for $28 and have no doubt it will climb up in google as I already have a store on it and have quite a few other similar domains sitting on the front page of google, think it's too cheap there then convert into a buyer and not only a seller, there are some listings there that are a pain to sort through but the same could be said about any market sedo etc... as it takes work to sort through and find the domains with potential. I have developed about 75 domains in the last 3-4 months and I'm just getting warmed up, wherever I can find domains that work I'll buy, Bido is definitely on my radar.

Last edited:
•••
FYI the voting power/vote for profits system is acting up. Just a sec ago I was logged in and it said my voting power was 10% & wanted 30 points per vote (knew this was wrong). So I logged out, then back in again & it showed voting power 90% & wanted 8 points per vote. Just thought you should know if you didn't already.

•••
You probably noticed your voting power get recalculated.
By the way, we recently pushed a change and enhanced the algorithm to better reflect and reward good voting.
You are a good voter btw from the sound of it, thanks for sharing the level of your voting power with the community.

•••
You probably noticed your voting power get recalculated.

Must have been something else...unless it temporarily drops each voters % to 10% each time it recalculates (unlikely I would imagine). Also, it was 90% yesterday if I am remembering correctly. What happened was the page dedicated to showing voting power had 90% (correct) while at the *same time* the small number you see in the pop-up box right before you vote in the voting area was 10%. Logged out then back in and they matched. Anyhow, I'm not concerned but I figured you might want to know because it seemed strange.

•••
Thanks, will take a look, appreciate the feedback.

•••
Wow! $2206 for OnlineTelevisons.com! I think the buyer will be none to pleased upon complete reflection on the purchase. Some of the other bidder should be filled with relief. A typo with no searches...yikes!

Last edited:
•••

christ.mx $100.00
pennstate.us $28.00
dvdvcr.net (acc) $28.00
pgnq.com $28.00
c3d.tv $31.00
backgroundsearch.net $250.00
babyfoods.info $28.00
supermercado.mx $189.00
snackmeal.com (bp) $28.00
creditbankservices.com (bp) $28.00
senor.mx $126.00
electronicos.mx $112.00
collectiblewines.us (acc) $28.00
lllls.com $28.00
macbooks.org $28.00
calculated.de (bp) $28.00

•••
posted by xdomainer:
You ever calculated the sell-through rate at SEDO? Not trying to be a smart ass, but seriously ... pretty abysmal at all of the major marketplaces; not sure why this would be a complaint about Bido in particular.

Bido has a different business model so the comparisons are not equal. But if you compare sales once a domain goes to auction the major marketplaces have the higher rates.

So many domains get all 10 votes within minutes of being placed up for voting and then they don't even sell for $28. If a domain can get 10 votes so quickly and then no one buys it for even $28, something is wrong. It's a waste of time and domains that do stand a chance of selling are surrounded by duds on auction day.

•••
@Frank,

I believe somehwere earlier in the thread you were the one who suggested a place within our account to where we could figure out our total Vote History percentile. That was a great suggestion. I am still trying to find out if there is a finalized percentile total somewhere. I do now see that since the start of the new program, I voted on 6 domains and I have a 100%, 90%, and 4-70%'s so I guess I would just add them all up and divide by 6. I am probably missing something here as I want to see my potential RockStar status too, lol

@Bido,
I have a question about the Affilliate program.

I have a few of your banners placed on my crappy little blog, The Dot Stop. Well, I look in my profile and see 30 Visitors since the start, and 6 Unique visitors...Ok,cool stats so far.

Then I see this explanation...
Payout Type Current Payout Level
Pay-Per-Sale 25% of the Bido commission for each sale you deliver.
Pay-Per-Bid $0.50 for each new member who signs up and places a bid.

Now my questions are,

1) Since you did record 6 unique visitors who found you thru clicking on one of my banners, If they ever sign up at all, will I get a piece of them? or only if they signed up immediately upon their click straight from my site?

2) 25% commission from each sale you deliver...I dont understand this statement. if that person created a membership from clicking on the banner at my site, then each sale they have will I get a piece of? or...

I guess I am a little confused on that.
Sorry If you have explained this already, but I have been doing my best to keep up with this thread.

I figured I would ask the question here in case anyone else might have been interested also.

Thank You,
Vito.

•••
@Frank,

I believe somehwere earlier in the thread you were the one who suggested a place within our account to where we could figure out our total Vote History percentile. That was a great suggestion. I am still trying to find out if there is a finalized percentile total somewhere. I do now see that since the start of the new program, I voted on 6 domains and I have a 100%, 90%, and 4-70%'s so I guess I would just add them all up and divide by 6. I am probably missing something here as I want to see my potential RockStar status too, lol

@Bido,
I have a question about the Affilliate program.

I have a few of your banners placed on my crappy little blog, The Dot Stop. Well, I look in my profile and see 30 Visitors since the start, and 6 Unique visitors...Ok,cool stats so far.

Then I see this explanation...
Payout Type Current Payout Level
Pay-Per-Sale 25% of the Bido commission for each sale you deliver.
Pay-Per-Bid $0.50 for each new member who signs up and places a bid.

Now my questions are,

1) Since you did record 6 unique visitors who found you thru clicking on one of my banners, If they ever sign up at all, will I get a piece of them? or only if they signed up immediately upon their click straight from my site?

2) 25% commission from each sale you deliver...I dont understand this statement. if that person created a membership from clicking on the banner at my site, then each sale they have will I get a piece of? or...

I guess I am a little confused on that.
Sorry If you have explained this already, but I have been doing my best to keep up with this thread.

I figured I would ask the question here in case anyone else might have been interested also.

Thank You,
Vito.

When you click to place a vote, in that "How many votes?" overlay, there is a link:
"My Statistics"
Click that to view your stats. In addition, there are more metrics available at this link. Bido.com - Domain Name Auctions

As for the affiliate program questions:
- users are tracked for 90 days, so any payable action will go to you in that timeframe
- It's 25% of the Bido commission (currently 10%), so you would get $2.50 on a $100 sale, on all of them for those 90 days

We do have some changes that will be coming to help you earn more from the program and make it more attractive.

BR,
Jarred

•••

threecardpoker.info $45.00
creditcardrelief.com $10,000.00
laundrysupplies.org $33.00
5coursemeal.com $70.00
3coursemeal.com $100.00
blxo.com $30.00
stop.mx $360.00
use.mx $360.00
cheesebread.de (bp) $40.00
onlinetelevison.com $2,206.00

•••
We paid out $200 to the voters for creditcardrelief.com
+30.00 Account balance Reward for voting (1 vote for creditcardrelief.com)
+47.00 Account balance Reward for voting (2 votes for creditcardrelief.com)
+44.00 Account balance Reward for voting (3 votes for creditcardrelief.com)
+22.00 Account balance Reward for voting (1 vote for creditcardrelief.com)
+57.00 Account balance Reward for voting (3 votes for creditcardrelief.com)

•••
Friday's sales on Bido.com

interiorpaint.org $31.00
brokers.cc $28.00
bidsnap.com $28.00
namedigger.com $31.00
vkhe.com $28.00
pushbras.com $28.00
alphabetized.net (bp) $28.00
beachtowel.us $28.00
degreasers.info $28.00
letscam.com $39.00
jerseygirls.net $29.00
pocketpedometer.com $140.00
blogdirectory.us $29.00
accentedtouch.com (acc) $28.00
cactus.in (acc) $28.00
dnappraisal.in (acc) $28.00
hotelsofindia.in (acc) $50.00
4b0.com (bp) $110.00
threedimensional.us $28.00

the above list were all sold on Bido.com Friday.

•••
In case you weren't aware, you still have some wacky bugs in your voting power system. I log in and it says 40% voting power, do nothing except log out & in again, and it is 90%. Then a moment later it is 80% when looking at a different name to vote on - not sure what changed because I didn't do anything. I vote for something at 80% - then I see it at 70%, then 90% again moments later. All of these numbers I'm seeing on the voting page when hovering over how many votes to cast - not the voting power page - those numbers are consistent. Good luck!

•••
In case you weren't aware, you still have some wacky bugs in your voting power system. I log in and it says 40% voting power, do nothing except log out & in again, and it is 90%. Then a moment later it is 80% when looking at a different name to vote on - not sure what changed because I didn't do anything. I vote for something at 80% - then I see it at 70%, then 90% again moments later. All of these numbers I'm seeing on the voting page when hovering over how many votes to cast - not the voting power page - those numbers are consistent. Good luck!

Thanks, we'll get it sorted.

•••

prepaidwirelessphone.org $75.00
degrading.net $35.00
opinion.mx $100.00
crisis.in (acc) $50.00
vaccumcleaners.in (acc) $50.00
snakes.in (acc) $50.00
insuranceplan.in $30.00
literacy.in $30.00
idate.in $30.00
legales.mx $100.00
atu.in (bp) $28.00
yyos.com $28.00
3dimensional.us (bp) $37.00
ohiodad.com (bp) $29.00
webteaser.com (bp) $28.00
ooij.com $31.00
gamingonline.us $108.00

•••

roomcomp.com $28.00
outscource.com $28.00
onlinetelevison.org $30.00
healthinsuranceonline.info $28.00
simplicity.info $38.00
3dcellphones.info $108.00
1strounddraftpicks.com $30.00
wireless.bz (bp) $28.00
webdesignsoftware.info $28.00
sherbrooke.info $46.00
haeu.com $65.00
brahmaputra.in (acc) $55.00
hbeu.com $65.00
enquire.in (acc) $50.00
fairness.in (acc) $30.00
homehealthworkers.com $28.00
rss.bz $50.00
appropriate.info $28.00
3dvideos.us $48.00
photography.ws $285.00

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back