IT.COM

.info Bido and .in, .info, .us going for good money?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have listed some of my lower priced names on Bido recently and think the site has some of the best customer service of any site I have every worked with.

I also think it has some of the stranger bidders.

It seems that generic keyword names that end in .us, .info and .us that have little to no value elsewhere daily go for decent money on bido. Now they are not going for xxxx but lots of them going for xxx

Is bido the marketplace where buyers of this alternative extensions go to?

Maybe there is good business buying these extensions I normally stayed away from and reselling to buyers on bido.

Any thoughts on this? Why does bido get the business for these extensions?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have ended up buying 4 or 5 domains from bido at a very attractive price... whereas i couldnt sell one for even 28 bucks... even the domain that received 100$+ offers outside didnt receive a bid at bido
so as a buyers market
i just love bido but as a sellers market, not so much... have listed a few domains just to have a second opinion :)

•••
To be honest I have had the same experience as you.

I notice that some of the stranger extensions get bids.. but I can get great prices when purchasing .com and .net names that are decent.

Then the domains I list all .com and .net get like no action even when they do elsewhere. Now this is based on very little submissions on my part. I have listed 10 more names for sale with them and will see how it works this time.

They do have some darn good customer support though.

•••
Purely a buyers market as far as I can see.

•••
I think Bido has just exposed a .info/.us market that was already there but not immediately obvious to everyone. The right keyword domains in any tld can be used for profit by anyone with the time and knowledge to develop the domain.

I have sold many keyword .info and .us domains over the last year and have sold another 40+ on Bido in the 28 to 200 dollar range. I have also bought .info and .us domains for only $28-$50 only to flip them a few days later on this forum and others for 5-10 times the amount (they are there if you look for them).

However, I would imagine that most of the market are not interested or would consider these TLD's as we are in most cases talking about peanuts profit wise for serious domainers. Also, any serious domainer may be put off from taking Bido seriously and listing their better .com etc domains just because there are so many of the other TLD's on auction each day with people asking for silly prices. Hopefully this will change as I really like the platform and know that they need these better .com domains to succeed in the long run.

Basically, Bido attracts to many newbies and people experimenting right now but hopefully it will evolve with age.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back