NameSilo

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
gilescoley said:
Can someone let me know if this is good or just normal considering the low search results

I would think it is good "for a parking page", Google likes keyword domains but does'nt usually like parking pages :'(

johntv said:
Last week I spend almost $3,000 on 3 Middle East names and as there are not many reported sales, I like to ask for some honest opinion if I did the right thing.

ManamaHotels.com for $950
Manama.info for $400
Ajman.net for $1,600

Did I do okay, got them cheap or overpaid?

I think you got a great deal on all of them IMO, especially on Ajman.net

The only other big sale I have heard of in .net was Dubai.net for $18,000 in 2004, I'm not sure but I think he's wanting over 50K for it now, I think I saw it in an auction somewhere and the reserve was about that.

It gets regular traffic too and loads of offers

Visitors to this Sedo offer page: 252 (previous 31 days)
Visitors to this domain’s website: 2,960 (previous 31 days)

Previous offers for this domain: 70

johntv said:
It can still take 3 or 4 years once Middle East domains take off, but once it does it will go high and we might see something like "the first Middle East related names auction by Moniker" ;)

Would'nt that be nice :)

•••
gazzip said:
The only other big sale I have heard of in .net was Dubai.net for $18,000 in 2004, I'm not sure but I think he's wanting over 50K for it now, I think I saw it in an auction somewhere and the reserve was about that.

It gets regular traffic too and loads of offers

Visitors to this Sedo offer page: 252 (previous 31 days)
Visitors to this domain’s website: 2,960 (previous 31 days)

Previous offers for this domain: 70
Thanks Gazzip, added rep as well, I didn't know about Dubai.net and you are probably right about his reserve, I actually made an offer (no low ball offer) on Dubai.net at Sedo as well, but he didn't even countered ;)

•••
$$Domainer said:
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF REGISTERING THESE TYPES OF DOMAINS?

•••
It's been just over a year since this thread was started. Has anyone had offers or sales yet?

Here is my shortlist:

AbudhabiAndDubai.com, DubaiAndAbudhabi.com
reemislandconstruction.com
reemislanddevelopers.com
reemislandinvestor.com
reemislandinvestors.com
reemislandsuites.com

•••
cogger said:
It's been just over a year since this thread was started. Has anyone had offers or sales yet?

Here is my shortlist:

AbudhabiAndDubai.com, DubaiAndAbudhabi.com
reemislandconstruction.com
reemislanddevelopers.com
reemislandinvestor.com
reemislandinvestors.com
reemislandsuites.com
I only have made one low $xxx sale since stumbling into this thread last year. However, this thread motivated me to create a couple of sites. My UAE websites are gaining nice traffic and google page ranks of 2-3. I registered around 40 or 50 UAE domains and currently only have 10-12 left. My focus on domaining in this niche is to acquire the best ones you can and develop them. I am planning to develop 2 or 3 more Abu Dhabi and Dubai sites on domains of mine.

•••
I have sold 3 names until now in this niche. Remaining ones I'm planning to develop. Actually one of the name gets decent traffic while parked.

•••
just regged:

reemislandestate.com
alreemislandestate.com

•••
tetrapak said:
Excellent buys, thank you for sharing. Manama Hotels is a 5k+ name, it can be easily converted into a gold mine. I hope you are not going to park it, but if so, don't forget the meta tags, i'm sure it will make a few dollars.. Manama.info was also cheap, and you paid a correct price for Ajman in my opinion. Don't forget Manama is a highly developed capitol city with lots of projects planned.
Thanks for the info on Manama, also BahrainHotels.com was for sale, the owner asked $10,000, a bit above my budget, although maybe still worth it for an end user.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
Looks like they're at it again, breaking their own world record D-:

If the sky’s the limit, Nakheel is coming pretty close. Yesterday it announced plans to build a skyscraper more than a kilometre high, hundreds of metres more than the world’s tallest building, the Burj Dubai, which is just 10 minutes down the road.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20081005/ONLINESPECIAL/637042682/1010/NATIONAL

•••
•••
•••
abdulbasituae said:
Is this Rose Tower ?

No, it's called the Nakheel Tower, brilliant uh? :) All we know is, it will be over 1,000 meters in height, over 200 storeys (!) and that it will take over 10 years to construct it. In the meanwhile Burj Dubai is soon to be ready..

•••
Ajaar???

Just curious if anyone knows if this means anything in arabic or any other language for that matter. I have received an offer from someone for Ajaar.com and it looks like it may be coming from a company in Dubai but not sure. Just wondering if anyone knows anything I dont??

•••
I promised myself I wouldn't regg any new Dubai domains before selling the ones I already have but sometimes I can't help it.
Just regged:

palmdeiraproperties.com
:)

•••
•••
Thanks DNBro.
Regged one more

danaislandproperties.com

•••
In case anyone is interested in checking out the progress of construction on ALDAR Properties major developments check out the pictures on their homepage. http://www.aldar.com/welcome_to_aldar.en

•••
ManamaHolidays.com
ManamaFlights.com
ManamaTourism.com
BahrainCarRentals.com
BahrainTourist.com

Last edited:
•••
Joep said:
I promised myself I wouldn't regg any new Dubai domains before selling the ones I already have but sometimes I can't help it.
Just regged:

palmdeiraproperties.com

thats a nice one, by the time it gets built they will probably have to advertise properties far more than they did on the first palm.

Looks like they're at it again :) ANOTHER HUGE new project D-:

Dubai unveils $95bn ‘new city’ project

•••
gazzip said:
thats a nice one, by the time it gets built they will probably have to advertise properties far more than they did on the first palm.

Looks like they're at it again :) ANOTHER HUGE new project D-:

Dubai unveils $95bn ‘new city’ project

Jumeirah Garden City is a huge project that has been in the works for some time, they have just now made it public, they are already tearing down old villas and sections of Dubai to start on it.

Lucky bastard who owns Jumeirah Garden City dot com ;)

btw, I'm going back to cityscape in a couple hours (if we can get parking), if we end up making it I'll post some pics for you guys.

•••
Smith said:
Lucky bastard who owns Jumeirah Garden City dot com ;)

Looking at the way you typed that domain in ...that must be you then :tu:

Smith said:
btw, I'm going back to cityscape in a couple hours (if we can get parking), if we end up making it I'll post some pics for you guys.

Cool :)

•••
Hi guys, let me ask you of the following fresh regs have any value. The names relate to three coming building projects in Dubai plus a geo collection in German language. Thank you!

DubaiPodiumTower.com
PodiumTower.com
Podium-Dubai.com
Dubai-Podium.com

PlatinumTowersDubai.com
DubaiPlatinumTowers.com

EyeParkDubai.com
DubaiEyePark.com

VAEDubai.com
DubaiVAE.de
DubaiVAE.com

(VAE = UAE in German)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back