IT.COM

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In order UAE for the names to rise in value and gain interest by big players of UAE, what do you guys think is the realistic time period?
I'm thinking at least 4-5 years min (4-5 x renewal fee of low-mid xxx for me)
But I think it'll be worth it by then.
If license plate gets traded for hundreds of thousands to millions, imagine if you hold a premium type UAE name :)

•••
It sure was fun watching today's Formula 1 race in Bahrain knowing I have BahrainAutoRace.com, BahrainAutoRacing.com, and BahrainMotorSports.com. Zoom!

•••
mrdomainman said:
In order UAE for the names to rise in value and gain interest by big players of UAE, what do you guys think is the realistic time period?
I'm thinking at least 4-5 years min (4-5 x renewal fee of low-mid xxx for me)
But I think it'll be worth it by then.
If license plate gets traded for hundreds of thousands to millions, imagine if you hold a premium type UAE name :)

Really hard one to answer, the Big players outside the UAE have already got the best ones like Dubai.com, DubaiNews.com, DubaiHotels.com, DubaiProperty.com, UAE.com etc and alot of them probably won't be for sale.

I doubt very many will ever go for millions to be honest - Dubai.com would and UAE.com maybe ???

I think development is the way to go if you can.

I'd easy sell em VisitUAE_c** for a helluva lot less if they want it ! :blink: if not it will be developed for sure.

namegame said:
It sure was fun watching today's Formula 1 race in Bahrain knowing I have BahrainAutoRace.com, BahrainAutoRacing.com, and BahrainMotorSports.com. Zoom!

Did you see any increase in traffic to them ?

•••
gazzip said:
Did you see any increase in traffic to them ?.

Not really. Actually, I had more hits on my camel racing names.

•••
gazzip said:
Cool...but its not going to be the tallest for long.

Nakheel trumps Emaar with 1,200m tower - 06 April 2008

The Al Burj tower as Nakheel's supertall is being referred to has still at least a decade to be finished, they have just done soil testing on couple of places in Dubai. So Burj Dubai has nothing to worry about, especially that it is not just the tallest structure ever, but it has the world's tallest mall next to it (Dubai Mall), the Old Town which is one of the most special places to live and so on. :)

•••
Krossat said:
Yeah but the construction company chose ReemIsland.com as their Website. So i guess Reem is more prevalent then Al.
Wonder what Al Reem means tho.

I got
[COM]
ReemSports
ReemResorts
ReemHolidays
ReemSpas

In Arabic, AL means the - so Al reem Island means
The Reem Island - Not sure what Reem means though :bingo: :ghost: :D

•••
gazzip said:
Really hard one to answer, the Big players outside the UAE have already got the best ones like Dubai.com, DubaiNews.com, DubaiHotels.com, DubaiProperty.com, UAE.com etc and alot of them probably won't be for sale.

I doubt very many will ever go for millions to be honest - Dubai.com would and UAE.com maybe ???

I think development is the way to go if you can.

I'd easy sell em VisitUAE_c** for a helluva lot less if they want it ! :blink: if not it will be developed for sure.

True.
I guess development is the best way to go.

Thanks for your input gazzip :)

Best wishes

•••
wussadotcom said:
In Arabic, AL means the - so Al reem Island means
The Reem Island - Not sure what Reem means though :bingo: :ghost: :D
Thanks for the info, added rep, I didn't know that, now it makes more sense for me to reg a name with and without 'Al'.

•••
My Blog and I Get Into Gizmag

I just did a post in my blog on Meydan, Dubai (note: I also did one in Name Pros about Meydan awhile back). Gizmag.com, one of the big tech/gadget websites, picked that up and did an article on Meydan called "The World's Biggest Racetrack." In the article they state:

"If the incredible property boom going on in the Gulf right now is of interest to you, might we suggest you check out the uaemegaprojects blog of one of our esteemed colleagues, Brett Siegel."

Here is the link to the Gizmag article for you to check out:

http://www.gizmag.com/dubai-to-build-worlds-biggest-racetrack/9165/

...and here is the link to my blog with the new Meydan post:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

•••
JUST PICKED UP UAElawyers.com :) :) :)

•••
pokainc said:
JUST PICKED UP UAElawyers.com :) :) :)

Nice one, you should make a directory on it to build up some traffic, there's likely be be thousands of them over there soon, then sell it in a few years for big bucks :tu: (there's some decent templates for under $70 at templatemonster.com under "Law" if you're interested in developing)

Update on a previous post about Damac cancelling the palm springs project:

They have taken a u-turn and are going ahead with it, I expected they would have to do this to keep foreign investors comfortable with buying off plan in Dubai. Waaay too much at stake if they did'nt.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/516821-damac-will-continue-palm-springs-project-says-chairman?ln=en

Another Mega project for Dubai

Dubai unveils $54bn eco real estate project

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/516305-dubai-unveils-54bn-eco-real-estate-project?ln=en

•••
•••
•••
Atlantis The Palm Soon Opening On Palm Jumeirah

The giant Mega Entertainment Resort, Atlantis The Palm, will be officially opening on Palm Jumeirah this September. This will be great for Dubai and all of UAE. This is the first of the new Mega Entertainment Destinations opening in Dubai...and it is one amazing Mega Project. Check out my post with videos here:

http://www.uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

•••
Any comments on UAEFacts.com

I regged it a couple of days ago

•••
Not worth the regfee without developement if you as me. For developement it is excellent though!

•••
•••
whats happened to this thread

•••
Here is something to get it started again.

See attached.

oops, can't upload pdf

Sorry

•••
Has anyone heard of this new project called 'Ghantoot Green City'?

I highlighted the two facts that amazed me most.

Local developer International Capital Trading (ICT) is planning a major city in the Ghantoot area of Abu Dhabi, close to the Dubai border, which will cost tens of billions of dollars to develop.

The name of the project is not yet finalised, but its working title is Ghantoot Green City. The project is understood to cover 60 square kilometres.

The plans involve the construction of a city with a commercial centre, hotels, office blocks, residential developments, warehousing and light industrial areas.

Although population projections have not yet been revealed, the figure could be as high as 1 million if its population density is similar to other major cities being developed in the UAE.

The project is strategically located between new developments in Dubai, such as the Waterfront and Al-Maktoum Inter-national airport, and the new Khalifa Port & Industrial Zone that is under construction in the Taweelah area of Abu Dhabi emirate. It is also a commutable distance from Abu Dhabi International airport.

The project will support these developments by providing housing and leisure facilities for people working at the port, industrial areas and the airports. It will also provide employment opportunities in the development itself.

The development will be split into 12 phases, with the first covering 6.2 sq km. The total built-up area for phase one will be about 18.5 million square metres, and it is understood to include residential properties and hotels along the coast.

•••
Any takers for Reemisland.asia?

•••
johntv said:
Has anyone heard of this new project called 'Ghantoot Green City'?

Its hard to keep up with all the new projects in the area :hehe:

It may have something to do with these ones ??

New capital city planned for UAE

The UAE will have a new capital city by 2028 under development plans being unrolled through Abu Dhabi’s urban strategy framework.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/516846-new-capital-city-planned-for-uae?ln=en

or

UAE 'green city' to cost $22bn - Masdar City

State-controlled Abu Dhabi Future Energy (Masdar) said it would cost $22 billion to develop a "no-carbon" urban district it is planning in the UAE.

The district, Masdar City, on the edge of the city of Abu Dhabi, will eventually be home to 50,000 people and 1,500 businesses, Masdar said in a statement. No cars will be allowed.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/510822-uae-green-city-to-cost-22bn

I can't imagine where they are going to get all the people to run all these things :-/

Here's anothe big one coming

UAE: Ajman unveils AED 220 billion coastal city

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/UAE/226684

New cities popping up everywhere :tu:

Last edited:
•••
gazzip said:
Here's anothe big one coming

UAE: Ajman unveils AED 220 billion coastal city

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/UAE/226684

I was looking at a beautiful property here, but you can't get a mortgage in Ajman for properties that are not developed by a select number of developers so I had to pass :(

•••
•••
Smith said:
I was looking at a beautiful property here, but you can't get a mortgage in Ajman for properties that are not developed by a select number of developers so I had to pass :(

Bummer :| you'll just have to buy one of the world islands instead B-)

tetrapak said:
There are now 7 supertalls approved for Dubai and 5 more to come, all of these are over 100 stories and 500+ meters. That is simply insane.. The current WTB is Taipei 101 with 508 meters. Some new ones:
http://burjdubaiskyscraper.com/2008/dubai-supertall-towers.jpg

If they build any more everyone in Dubai will be living in the shadows :D no sunshine left !!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back