NameSilo

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Ajman Real Estate Boom: Al Ameera Village

Al Ameera Village is a new huge residential community being built in Ajman. This is a great looking development that is also very conveniently located. It is only a 15 minute drive from Dubai International Airport. Due to its great location it will attract many, many buyers--both from the UAE and expats from all over the world as well. Al Ameera will contain:

- 50 residential buildings

- A shopping mall

- Hotel apartments

- A wide variety of retail shops, restaurants, gardens, parks, a nursery, commercial clubs, fitness centers, etc.

This is going to be a beautiful residential community and will no doubt be sold out fast. Al Ameera Village is being developed by Tameer, a leading developer in the UAE.

More on Al Ameera Village:

http://www.tameer.net/alameeravillage/

http://www.ameinfo.com/67658.html

•••
Middle East Mega-Project Cybersquatting Page!!!!

You have to see this one!! I just ran across it when I was doing some research on a new Bahrain Mega-Project, Reef Island. This is how it begins:

"We have recently conducted a study and found that unscrupulous operators are acquiring the primary .com domains relating to major projects in the Middle East in the hope of selling these domains to the project owners at extremely high prices."

Read the whole thing here:

http://reefisland.com/

Last edited:
•••
Domainer I just checked that link.
If there's a law preventing people from registering project names which represents a whole region in reality, then it would be interesting to know which law that is. And if there is a law that just passed, if they can actually go retro-actively to claim domains from their holders.

Also they mention they would transfer the domain to the project people wtv for no cost. What does that mean exactly. If they bring the matter to court, the UltimeMedia company is gonna pay for the legal fees and freely transfer the domain?

Their website is UltimateMedia.com
It doesn't say anywhere that they go after people's domains.

Last edited:
•••
$$Domainer said:
You have to see this one!! I just ran across it when I was doing some research on a new Bahrain Mega-Project, Reef Island. This is how it begins:

"We have recently conducted a study and found that unscrupulous operators are acquiring the primary .com domains relating to major projects in the Middle East in the hope of selling these domains to the project owners at extremely high prices."

Are we not allowed to register a place + keyword?
hmmm

•••
if this law is true, hopefully it won't spread to other areas. Soon companies are gonna start saying everything remotely similar to their projects and names belong to them.

•••
from the languaging, i got the impression that they were referring to the domain "reefisland .com " itself, and state that:
"IT HAS BEEN AQUIRED BY US TO PREVENT
DOMAIN CYBERSQUATTING" and "If you are the owner of the Middle East project or development to which this domain relates, please email us on..."

and while the page initially seems 'ominous', i dont get the impression that they are advertising they're looking to tackle an obscene number of domainers that are actually investing in ways to help the exposure to the area thrive.

•••
$$Domainer said:

I think this is fishy... ;)

Check out the way back machine LINK
Their site has only been up since May 2007. None of the links for the Middle East Association and Arab British Chamber of Commerce are working.

Their site says:
We are extremely pleased to tell you that we will transfer the
domain to you without any cost whatsoever.

They will transfer my domain to me @ no cost... :hehe:
;) err, well thanks bub, but I think I will keep the "GEO+Keyword" domains I legally acquired... :)

SlimPickins said:
from the languaging, i got the impression that they were referring to the domain "reefisland .com " itself, and state that:
"IT HAS BEEN AQUIRED BY US TO PREVENT
DOMAIN CYBERSQUATTING" and "If you are the owner of the Middle East project or development to which this domain relates, please email us on..."

and while the page initially seems 'ominous', i dont get the impression that they are advertising they're looking to tackle an obscene number of domainers that are actually investing in ways to help the exposure to the area thrive.

Ok, that makes more sense...
:imho:

•••
just a spam page for some web company imo

•••
$$Domainer said:

I've seen the exact same page on another UAE related domain which ended in Villas - I can't remember the first part of the name though :|

Sounds like Bull - so these people are going to register a pile of domains and give them away for free....yeah right !

thegenius1 said:
Good point $$Domainer , but how about approaching them with non eglish domains as well. I happen to own Dubai-Realestate.net in Arabic : عقارات۔دبي.net

I'm looking forward to trading it for atleast a small condo in Duabi :)

I have DubaiRealEstate.n*t and RealEstate-Dubai.c*m for far far less than a Condo :hehe:

ps - Just keep spelling Dubai like that :tu:

Last edited:
•••
airwav said:
I think this is fishy... ;)

Check out the way back machine LINK
Their site has only been up since May 2007. None of the links for the Middle East Association and Arab British Chamber of Commerce are working.

Their site says:

They will transfer my domain to me @ no cost... :hehe:
;) err, well thanks bub, but I think I will keep the "GEO+Keyword" domains I legally acquired... :)

I think the guys who wrote that letter are in fact "cybersqatters" PRETENDING they are protecting the Middle Eastern Mega-Project owners from us "evil" domainers in order to look more reputable.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
The Ras Al Khaimah Mega-Projects: RAK Financial City

Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is another of the seven Emirates. It is not nearly as developed as Dubai or Abu Dhabi BUT IT IS DEVELOPING VERY, VERY FAST! RAK is attracting businesses from all over the world to open up in its freezone, and investment is pouring in! Mark my words, RAK will be BIG! RAK has a number of fantastic Mega-Projects being developed. Today, to underscore the business growth of RAK, I will talk about RAK Financial City.

RAK Financial City is being developed by the RAK Investment Authority RAKIA. The City will be comprised of 12 incredible super modern towers and will be the center of RAK business.

RAK Financial City will offer business, financial, legal, logistic and insurance services in a freezone environment.

"RAK Financial City has been designed to provide a masterpiece with genuine modern day offerings that ensure leading and effective business activities. In tandem with the state of the art facilities and amenities, RAK Financial City will be a vibrant and dynamic urban space complimented by nature allowing the center to also act as a major tourist attraction."

The project is in fact so cutting edge it is being touted as an icon for RAK.

I regd:

RAKFinancial.com

...which covers alot of ground.

Read more and see the project here:

http://archive.gulfnews.com/business/Development/10132603.html

http://www.ameinfo.com/123203.html

Last edited:
•••
I have a company in RAK . . . ghetto . . . :o

•••
hmm.... well, by the looks of the project on gulfnews, it appears that rak is 1 ghetto thats gonna get a makeover, and i dont mean just whitewashing the graffiti..... anywho,
picked up UAEFTZ .com to provide info on the free trade zones in the uae.....

SP

•••
•••
hope to enjoy the view of the 'ghetto' from 1 of the towers someday and, in anticipation, also regd financialcitytowers dotcom.... although financialcity dotcom was regd years ago by someone and is sitting parked (whichmakes me wonder once again why developers investing so much money dont bother to secure useful or even crucial domain names for cheap BEFORE going public with projects.... ?!?!) , i figure towers impressive as these could use a nice site dedicated to em, so i will attempt to do just that down the road as the project develops..... cheers, SP

•••
•••
Doesn't look too bad, almost looks like the my home town ;)

•••
•••
Smith said:
All the spin aside, it's a rough area . . . http://www.projectdxb.com/RAK

Doesn't look bad at all to me. Looks like Vegas right before the Strip Mega-Projects made the whole area go nuts. Or Atlantic City back in the 70's just before legal gambling came there. I can smell the money with RAK...and all of the UAE! It will take a bit of time but RAK will be BIG. They have many Mega-Projects going up which I shall cover.

All of the Emirates are being transformed. The whole thing is just amazing. Once everything is done the UAE will be like a world 200 years in the future.

•••
The Ras Al Khaimah Mega-Projects: Al Marjan Island

RAK wants to emulate Dubai! Who can blame them. So what do they do? They develop their own gigantic island Mega-Project to compete with the Palm Islands of Dubai. This RAK project is called Al Marjan Island. In fact Al Marjan is made up of 5 man made islands, and yes it will be just as impressive as the Palm Island developments of Dubai.

The 5 islands of Al Marjan will feature:

- At least 10 major hotels

- At least one marina complete with a marina village full of luxury condos and townhomes

- A water themed park with attractions for the whole family

- A variety of luxury resorts

- Many, many villas including "floating villas."

- Shops and restaurants of all kinds and a variety of sports facilities

- Business areas, etc., etc.

Al Marjan looks amazing, right up there with the Palm Islands of Dubai. It is being developed by Rakeen. See it here:

http://www.rakeen.com/projects/Al_Marjan_Island.html

http://www.menareport.com/en/business,/217637

•••
•••
•••
Smith said:
Thats at a resort, it's not representative.

There are plenty of areas in Dubai that look like total hellholes. Who cares if RAK isn't totally developed yet. They will be. They have many Mega-Projects being developed and thousands of businesses opening there. RAK has a great future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back