alert Beware of greedy member

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hi everyone,

Beware of this new member https://www.namepros.com/members/matthewpataki.1069608 who created this thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/inherited-a-lot-of-domains-2500-looking-for-guidance.1325155

I discussed with him about some of his domains and he agreed to sell some of his domains and kept changing his stance multiple times on selling those domains, availability and prices as well. I've blocked this guy at WhatsApp and wanted to inform you guys to avoid dealing with this cheap and greedy person.

It's a risk to do business with him. You never know that you'll pay the agreed amount + escrow fees and later he backs out, you'll end up losing at least the escrow fees and your valuable time.

Thanks for reading and be careful whom to deal with around.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can assure you that I am no longer going to be posting on domainer forums. Im grateful for the connections I made
Good luck. Lots of lessons learned. Contact the mods and get this thread removed and I would lawyer up

•••
Abdul what did happen in the conversation when he told you he no longer owned the name greenerdays.com? Thank you
He got mad at me and said "we will move forward with the deal once you have all the names"

to which I said something like: "abdul, either you are 1. no longer interested in making a deal, or 2. being rude -- because you fully know that once a domain is lost, it can not be repurchased"

To which he did politely respond, and explained his frustration -- but then when we continued further discussion and he shared that he was interested in 3 more names -- at this time, I told him that I was no longer interested in selling him demonsoft because it received an 800$ offer

It was never like I had agreed to sell him demonsoft for 165 -- that just what the "per piece" price of his "bulk request" was, and when we had to revisit his request, he felt entitled to this rate.

Abdul, would you like to add anything to this, or am I missing anything?

Last edited:
•••
Abdul what did happen in the conversation when he told you he no longer owned the name greenerdays.com? Thank you
I asked him to remove this particular domain from the bulk list of domains we agreed upon with and let's proceed. Then he came back and said I cannot sell you demonsoft because now I've 800 dollars offer on it. I said you already agreed to sell it for 165 dollars along with several other domains in the bulk deal but he didn't want to sell it.

He actually did with some other domain as well but I ignored it thinking of his inexperience in this business but later I realized that he is a greedy guy and just won't stick to his words if I started escrow.

•••
I asked him to remove this particular domain from the bulk list of domains we agreed upon with and let's proceed. Then he came back and said I cannot sell you demonsoft because now I've 800 dollars offer on it. I said you already agreed to sell it for 165 dollars along with several other domains in the bulk deal but he didn't want to sell it.

He actually did with some other domain as well but I ignored it thinking of his inexperience in this business but later I realized that he is a greedy guy and just won't stick to his words if I started escrow.
Abdul you need to stop and delete this thread.

•••
@AbdulBasit.com If you didn't start and escrow their is no recourse or binding deal.

•••
•••
•••

@AbdulBasit.com

Shame on you. I had high regard for you and your posts, until you slandered this newbie, who is trying to clear names from his uncle's estate.

People back out all the time.

This wasn't binding - it was far from it.

You always act like such a gentleman, but your true colors came out in this thread.

@AbdulBasit.com - MOVE ON.

•••
Well I thought I saw the most bizarre response to a fallen sale with the Sedo debacle and now Abdul comes in guns blazing and this is now looking very playschool yard.

Do people need to go into detention?

Firstly the thread title and the claims made are libellous and I would recommend Matthew get a lawyer and start legal proceedings against Abdul if he doesn't remove the title.

Abdul you are honestly taking the absolute .... - first you tried it on then got angry because he sold it to someone else for a fair price. Stop being so pathetic and before you say it I really am not jealous of you. Trust me far from the truth.

Further, if Matthew takes you to court this message can be used in a court of law with my permission that Abdul was warned and told to remove this thread.
Yeah well I would save the money on the lawyer.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/if-i-posted-calling-you-greedy-and-typed-a-paragra-4779622.html

•••
•••

That's like saying, well to be fair, others have been punched in the digital face before...

Each case is different, and just because it was posted doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
•••
•••

@AbdulBasit.com

Shame on you. I had high regard for you and your posts, until you slandered this newbie, who is trying to clear names from his uncle's estate.

People back out all the time.

This wasn't binding - it was far from it.

You always act like such a gentleman, but your true colors came out in this thread.

@AbdulBasit.com - MOVE ON.
Maybe it's normal for you to accept people backtracking from their words/agreements but it's an important pillar of any business. To each their own.

•••
It doesn't matter if he believed that he had an agreement in writing if I didnt even own all of the domains in the agreement -- so of course we had to revisit the agreement and negotiate again!?

I will admit, that it was my mistake, providing a list that had some lost domains, but this is where I WILL use my inexperience as an excuse. Imagine immediately taking upon a 60k/yr expense business portfolio while doing a PhD and working for multiple startups. The spreadsheets are a disaster. Have some compassion.
On THIS forum it does matter if you agreed to the pricing. Its called honor. If you pulled this shit on a selling platform you would have to complete the transaction or lose your ability to sell there.

You were shopping around and were careless in your wording at the very least. I trust a well respected domainers word over someone trying to play a grief card to justify his actions.

•••
Does not make it appropriate or professional and in fact the complete opposite
I understand where you are coming from, my point was many people do it all the time. Because if you back out and prove it to the mods they will ban the other member who does not honor.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe it's normal for you to accept people backtracking from their words/agreements but it's an important pillar of any business. To each their own.
To be honest with your language in this thread I find that very hard to believe

•••
It's not cool, but I don't go burn down their house.

•••
On THIS forum it does matter if you agreed to the pricing. Its called honor. If you pulled this shit on a selling platform you would have to complete the transaction or lose your ability to sell there.

You were shopping around and were careless in your wording at the very least. I trust a well respected domainers word over someone trying to play a grief card to justify his actions.
What honour?
Most people here are trying to stab each other to get the domains.

I have never seen anything remotely collaborative or honour as you put it

•••
If you pulled this shit on a selling platform you would have to complete the transaction or lose your ability to sell there.

If this was on any platform, there would be official ways to agree to the transaction. It's like saying the seller agreed to the sale price based on the Dan.com chatlog without actually agreeing to the final transactuion.

I trust a well respected domainers word over someone trying to play a grief card to justify his actions.

I'm sure @AbdulBasit.com will lose some of that respect if he doesn't rectify this.

Say what you want, but this shows no class.

Last edited:
•••
He got mad at me and said "we will move forward with the deal once you have all the names"

to which I said something like: "abdul, either you are 1. no longer interested in making a deal, or 2. being rude -- because you fully know that once a domain is lost, it can not be repurchased"

To which he did politely respond, and explained his frustration -- but then when we continued further discussion and he shared that he was interested in 3 more names -- at this time, I told him that I was no longer interested in selling him demonsoft because it received an 800$ offer

It was never like I had agreed to sell him demonsoft for 165 -- that just what the "per piece" price of his "bulk request" was, and when we had to revisit his request, he felt entitled to this rate.

Abdul, would you like to add anything to this, or am I missing anything?
So it seems this is the crux of the matter, you two got past greenerdays.com not being owned anymore, you had no other choice if someone does not own something then talking about it is stupid.

So it seems Abdul thought he had a deal with the bulk purchase on all the other names, he is thinking that and you get an $800 offer on DemonSoft.com and things went south from there.

•••
If this was on any platform, there would be official ways to agree to the transaction. It's like saying the seller agreed to the sale price based on the Dan.com chatlog without actually agreeing to the final transactuion.

I'm sure @AbdulBasit.com will lose some of that respect if he doesn't rectify this.

Say what you want, but this shows no class.
It's moments like these that shows you the calibre of people. It's been an eye opener

•••
That's like saying, well to be fair, others have been punched in the digital face before...

Each case is different, and just because it was posted doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.
hahahaha you always come up with the good stuff Chris, punched in the digital face. That is good. But you know that's true.

Let me ask you this obviously purely hypothetical. I come here kind of new, but I lucked out a family member owned Chris.com since 1990. He gave it to me, I find namepros, I put it in TopDomains.com you are the first person to pm me, Hey I will give you $10K for the name. I think wow $10K. Ok I will sell it, how do we do that?

You are off Namepros at the time, meanwhile Braden Pollock pms me "Bro I will give you $50K for Chris.com do you use Escrow.com?"

You come back on and say oh we can use DAN.com or Escrow.com I will walk you through it.

I then say sorry dude It's now $60K because I got a $50K offer. You are not saying a word???, you are just keeping to yourself saying "Oh shit that newbie just kicked me in the digital balls, oh well."

Last edited:
•••
So it seems this is the crux of the matter, you two got past greenerdays.com not being owned anymore, you had no other choice if someone does not own something then talking about it is stupid.

So it seems Abdul thought he had a deal with the bulk purchase on all the other names, he is thinking that and you get an $800 offer on DemonSoft.com and things went south from there.
It’s not like we ever agreed upon a price for each domain.

It was a whole bundle which he offered x amount for

That doesn’t automatically imply that each domain costs x/n

It wasn’t like we could just remove greener days without modifying the price

We never even came to a new price

•••
Oh dear another armchair lawyer who found one random Q&A
No that's fact, Whether someone is "greedy" is a subjective judgment and opinion. In order for a statement to be defamatory it must be factually false.

•••
It’s not like we ever agreed upon a price for each domain.

It was a whole bundle which he offered x amount for

That doesn’t automatically imply that each domain costs x/n

It wasn’t like we could just remove greener days without modifying the price

We never even came to a new price
Well I will agree with you when you remove a name from a bundle you do have to renegotiate it, I have had to do it plenty of times. Usually it's people take the best name out, and still want the price per domain average for the rest.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back