Domain Empire

NON PAYER - Beware Manideep Katepalli from NirvanaLabs.co

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm going to start publishing the names of individuals who back out of deals after agreeing terms on Escrow and after winning Flippa auctions. The problem is becoming more wide spread. Hopefully this will act as a deterrent for others not to do the same.

I agreed a deal with Manideep Katepalli for $xx,xxx for one of my LLL.com names and he backed out after agreeing Escrow. In that time, I rejected other offers from other individuals. He promised payment numerous times before ignoring me.

So, I would not recommend you deal with Manideep Katepalli from NirvanaLabs.co

His details:

Manideep Katepalli
LinkedIn Profile - Click here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for information. That is so sad. I read an interview of @Ali Zandi He was telling some people love to destroy because they themselves can't create anything. I have seen many people bidding unnatural amount and not paying. Their sole aim to obstruct others from profiting. Shame indeed!

•••
I'm going to start publishing the names of individuals who back out of deals after agreeing terms on Escrow and after winning Flippa auctions. The problem is becoming more wide spread. Hopefully this will act as a deterrent for others not to do the same.

I agreed a deal with Manideep Katepalli for $xx,xxx for one of my LLL.com names and he backed out after agreeing Escrow. In that time, I rejected other offers from other individuals. He promised payment numerous times before ignoring me.

So, I would not recommend you deal with Manideep Katepalli from NirvanaLabs.co

His details:

Manideep Katepalli
LinkedIn Profile - Click here

I think its long overdue that a website is created, very similar to Konstantinos was going to do at http://onlinedomain.com/deadbeat-buyers-database-dbbdb/ and Rick Schwartz was doing at http://www.hallofshame.com/ Maybe one where people can enter the contact information they receive from Flippa, Sedo, etc and proof (screen shots and other documents) proving they were burned (in case of lawyers come knocking).

•••
@AGAME thanks for the info. I will keep these sites in mind.

•••
•••

Flippa should be doing this. It's a good idea. IMHO, for Flippa or any auction platform not to address this issue more aggressively demonstrates a blatant disregard for the victims.

•••
As a whole, the domain auction business is contorted, perverted, and contrary to the traditional standards of auctions. Sotheby's or Christie's would be shunned and scandalized if they played by the same rules as domain auctioneers and auction platforms.

Due to the lack of high ethical standards in the domain auction business by auctioneers and platforms, and the cheezy domain "news" entities spewing BS and positive hype about scumbag players in the industry, the rest of the world considers this arena a cesspool, a joke, something to be avoided, not to be part of. Those that are desperate enough to place their domains in the hands of these entities are only contributing the the devaluation of their own portfolios. Frankly, the weekly "sales results" posted deserve a much more thorough vetting before you take them at face value. That's not going to happen with the current crop of players.

•••
•••
As a whole, the domain auction business is contorted, perverted, and contrary to the traditional standards of auctions. Sotheby's or Christie's would be shunned and scandalized if they played by the same rules as domain auctioneers and auction platforms.

Due to the lack of high ethical standards in the domain auction business by auctioneers and platforms, and the cheezy domain "news" entities spewing BS and positive hype about scumbag players in the industry, the rest of the world considers this arena a cesspool, a joke, something to be avoided, not to be part of. Those that are desperate enough to place their domains in the hands of these entities are only contributing the the devaluation of their own portfolios. Frankly, the weekly "sales results" posted deserve a much more thorough vetting before you take them at face value. That's not going to happen with the current crop of players.

I have often said this too. Imagine going to purchase a home and then never showing up for closing? Or to purchase a business and then you dont have the money you said you had? Or selling a property and then showing up to closing asking for more money because you felt it was more valuable that morning then when you originally agreed on the price. Its absolutely crazy. The entire parking industry has no transparency either. I can not see my account or detailed financial transactions.....especially when Google issues a "charge back". I have to trust that they did because where is the actual charge back request from Google? Transparency would be to show me a copy of that. Transparency on how much was earned and how much the parking company and every other person in between me and the ad that was clicked on took. Listen, I dont care that the money is being siphoned off but darn-it - at least show where its going. Transparency makes for the best trust. Auctions -- dont get me going on auctions. I've submitted domains to Sedo for years only to be rejected and then see the most absurd crap names chosen for their great domains monthly auction. Something doesnt add up. Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of very helpful and informative folks in Domaining. I've run into a LOT over the years. But this environment that we all play in also allows for the breeding of some really rotten scum.

•••
I have often said this too. Imagine going to purchase a home and then never showing up for closing? Or to purchase a business and then you dont have the money you said you had? Or selling a property and then showing up to closing asking for more money because you felt it was more valuable that morning then when you originally agreed on the price. Its absolutely crazy. The entire parking industry has no transparency either. I can not see my account or detailed financial transactions.....especially when Google issues a "charge back". I have to trust that they did because where is the actual charge back request from Google? Transparency would be to show me a copy of that. Transparency on how much was earned and how much the parking company and every other person in between me and the ad that was clicked on took. Listen, I dont care that the money is being siphoned off but darn-it - at least show where its going. Transparency makes for the best trust. Auctions -- dont get me going on auctions. I've submitted domains to Sedo for years only to be rejected and then see the most absurd crap names chosen for their great domains monthly auction. Something doesnt add up. Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of very helpful and informative folks in Domaining. I've run into a LOT over the years. But this environment that we all play in also allows for the breeding of some really rotten scum.

You don't have to give Sedo your money. You don't have to give Flippa your money. You don't have to give domain auction sites your money, allowing them to make money from shuffling YOUR property, or worse yet, charging you a fee for the honor of listing your domain for sale. Stop giving parking companies access and control of your domain, with no accountability on their part. Stop it.

Google is perhaps too big to give a crap about this forum or other domainer forums. But outfits like Flippa seem to care that their image in this and other domainer forums be maintained to keep any negativity from spreading out of control. To me that means the members here have, potentially, a great deal of power to influence policy at auction sites and auction platforms of that stature. The problem is, too many short-sighted domainers can't see the forest through the trees, and blindly hand over money and control of their domains to companies who couldn't give a flying f-ck how deep their customers get shafted. Then they try to tell you, in spite of glaringly outrageous company policies, that even though those policies seem egregious, you really have nothing to worry about because, well, they say so. Haha!

Hang your own "FOR SALE" pages, and don't register shitty domains. Then you won't have to deal with parasites and grief.

•••
Hang your own "FOR SALE" pages, and don't register shitty domains. Then you won't have to deal with parasites and grief.

I am about to start doing that very thing after over a dozen years selling names via these auction houses, even brokers(!) too. And even so, the majority of my sales have been via incoming calls to me - not from auction venues. Thanks for the encouragement!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back