Dynadot

advice Be The Master Of Your Domains With Your Own Landing Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bram C.

AlmightyDomains.com + HeroForYou.comTop Member
Impact
In 2010, when I started out with domaining, I didn’t have my own landing pages. All the domains that I purchased back then I would simply park at Sedo. The sales were slowly pouring in after my first few months of domaining but I was sure that I could do a lot better. So I decided I would build my own landing pages for my domains and I would do it for 3 important reasons:

1. I wanted to be in control. I wanted to build a smooth user experience. To be able to use my own sales pitch and decide how my landing page would look like.
  2. I wanted to get rid of the middle man. I didn’t like that I had to pay commissions. Just like anyone I wanted to make as much profit as possible.
  3. I wanted to be able to optimize my landing pages by doing A/B split testing and I wanted to have detailed stats about my visitors. Where are they coming from, what website are they going to after they leave my landing page, are they returning to my landing page at a later date.

READ MORE: http://domainative.com/be-the-master-of-your-domains-with-your-own-landing-pages/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Placing links in different location, placing some sales button on the top of your page or on the bottom, making your links blue colored or red colored, having a good sales copy, etc...
Really? Tell me more... :xf.rolleyes:

trust may sell more

blue or red links?
no - thats BS

but I do know people sell you stuff like this
a / b testing products do so

and yes for acai berry that may result the last squeeze

they are selling plenty of the same kind
we are selling unique items

that is a different ballgame

•••
@Bram C I read the article that you linked too in your original posting and I found it, very informative!
I also checked out your landing page (Blogcode)..loaded fast, eye catching ( great use of color/colour)!
Plenty of content, (search engine spider "food"!

Really impressed by the "lease" part. Something that I should look into...

My question is when you decided the amont to lease per month, what kinda of formula did you use..yearly (sale price divided by 12) etc
Thanks

Many thanks!

Concerning the lease part I use the following formula: BIN price divided by 50. So for example if I have a domain priced at $5,000 USD the monthly lease price in my case would be around $100/month.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

yes
its no rocket sience
indeed it's very rudimentary

but they are trying to sell many of same kind
to thousands of people
and trying to sell stuff to people who didn't intend to buy anything

we are selling to people wanting a domain
a unique domain

to much effort to try to convince aka to sell
can make people scary and make them walk away

•••
yes
its no rocket sience
indeed it's very rudimentary

but they are trying to sell many of same kind
to thousands of people
So you believe emotional buying only happens with products, not with domains?

•••
So you believe emotional buying only happens with products, not with domains?

yes

emotion in relation to the domain - that happens
I love most of my domains ..

but no layout can make me buy a domain

but thats just me

•••
yes

emotion in relation to the domain - that happens
I love most of my domains ..

but no layout can make me buy a domain

but thats just me

Who's talking about the layout?

In any case, so you admit that there's emotions involved in relation to your domains. So answer me this question: if someone can invoke emotions on you so you buy a product why would it not be possible to invoke these same kind of emotions on you concerning a domain purchase? I don't see the "uniqueness of domains" being relevant here.

•••
I would love for those "people" to confirm your statements.

Previous thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-best-landing-page-ever.860503/

Clean and simple works not only for sales pages but also for parking pages. Pretty pages look nice but don't convert as well. The sales pages I use are basically just a contact form, few domain stats, no graphics and I talk to end users every week.

I am a designer, so fortunately I have the ability to design my own unique landing pages for each of my domains. An example of one of my landing pages can be seen if you go to http://FuelCellCar.net. It's possible that I've gone just a little bit over the top with the designs though lol. I may consider doing a site wide redesign.

Another thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/best-landing-pages-domainnamesales-alternatives.862958/

•••
Who's talking about the layout?

In any case, so you admit that there's emotions involved in relation to your domains. So answer me this question: if someone can invoke emotions on you so you buy a product why would it not be possible to invoke these same kind of emotions on you concerning a domain purchase? I don't see the "uniqueness of domains" being relevant here.

you are talking about layout
as you talk about colors

•••
•••
you are talking about layout
as you talk about colors
I was talking about emotions. Colors can invoke emotions. Other stuff can as well, such as sales copy. It's not about the "layout" only.

But please answer my question.

•••
I was talking about emotions. Colors can invoke emotions. Other stuff can as well, such as sales copy. It's not about the "layout".

But please answer my question.

look thats what layout means to me

Master plan or blueprint of a printed or publishedwork (such as an advertisement, book, magazine, newspaper, or website) that lays out the arrangement of its different graphicelements (such as body copy, colors, headlines, illustrations, scale). It establishes the overall appearance, relative importance, and relationships between the graphic elements to achieve a smooth flow of information (message) and eye movement for maximum effectiveness or impact. Often alternative layouts (calledroughs) are prepared to explore different arrangements before the final layout is made for printing or production.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/layout.html#ixzz4E2HLgavr

•••
if someone can invoke emotions on you so you buy a product why would it not be possible to invoke these same kind of emotions on you concerning a domain purchase? I don't see the "uniqueness of domains" being relevant here.

yes that may happen
depends on the person

but I think its more relevant in regard of trusting you as a seller

•••
Those are not "your" people and I can quote as much (and probably much more) people who say the opposite. It's not a contest who can copy/paste the most.

MY PEOPLE? Show me once where I said anything about 'my people'. lol.

Okay, now I know you're just trolling.

This must be some kind of setup to try and offer your 'landing page' design services to other people.

If anyone wants a pretty page, they should go to you for design; you did a great job.

It won't make any difference in sales or traffic, but it sure will look good.

Cheers.

•••
MY PEOPLE? Show me once where I said anything about 'my people'. lol.

Okay, now I know you're just trolling.

This must be some kind of setup to try and offer your 'landing page' design services to other people.

If anyone wants a pretty page, they should go to you for design; you did a great job.

Cheers.
You said and I quote
Everyone I have ever encountered that had too much information on a landing page reverted back to minimalist.

In my opinion "encountered" means someone you met. Not some random copy/paste from some thread where you where browsing to find some people who share your view.

You also said "everyone". Which we can all agree is definitely not a fact.

I then quoted

I would love for those "people" to confirm your statements
Nobody came forward at all who you "encountered", you just showed me a few copy/pastes.

Cheers.

I've been asked a lot of times for landing page services. I always declined. So another poor assumption.

Cheers.

•••
Guys do not take all this personally.

What Bram did is extra ordinary may be it is helping him, but he is webdesigner so he can do this job very quickly, for other people this might not useful because it take lots of time to do very nice landing page like him.

Regarding big vendor or big landers they have 1000 of domain names for listing if they start creating pages like Bram it will take their time and use their much servers resources even it is centralized css plus all of that pages look same similar and confusing.

I was always wonder why all this parking companies keeping their pages simple but then i feel to make it look nice designer pages they need extra ordinary css or other script to build them and need special team of people to manage them i dont know may be it cheaper but i m sure not worth for them.

I think you has to decide you have time to build the pages or use some landers and just upload bunch of name with them and wait they create basic landing pages.

For me it is not practical to design pages like Bram and i will not use my time for that designs.

Even i m thinking to list all my name on a nice website like Bram , so i can advertise that single name everywhere and bring traffics to that single site, what you guys think it will help me or not ?

I already talk with Bram regarding designing single site he is really a nice guy and guide me a lot and help me pick the wp theme design for my domain listing website but to modify that simple wp theme it took my 10 hours and at the end no result and now i quit and deciding pass this job to any good web designer so for me it is practically not worth to build landing pages.

•••
Guys do not take all this personally.

What Bram did is extra ordinary may be it is helping him, but he is webdesigner so he can do this job very quickly, for other people this might not useful because it take lots of time to do very nice landing page like him.

Regarding big vendor or big landers they have 1000 of domain names for listing if they start creating pages like Bram it will take their time and use their much servers resources even it is centralized css plus all of that pages look same similar and confusing.

I was always wonder why all this parking companies keeping their pages simple but then i feel to make it look nice designer pages they need extra ordinary css or other script to build them and need special team of people to manage them i dont know may be it cheaper but i m sure not worth for them.

I think you has to decide you have time to build the pages or use some landers and just upload bunch of name with them and wait they create basic landing pages.

For me it is not practical to design pages like Bram and i will not use my time for that designs.

Even i m thinking to list all my name on a nice website like Bram , so i can advertise that single name everywhere and bring traffics to that single site, what you guys think it will help me or not ?

I already talk with Bram regarding designing single site he is really a nice guy and guide me a lot and help me pick the wp theme design for my domain listing website but to modify that simple wp theme it took my 10 hours and at the end no result and now i quit and deciding pass this job to any good web designer so for me it is practically not worth to build landing pages.

Well there are many alternatives if making your own landers is too time-consuming. Such as http://Efty.com which I mentioned earlier.

•••
Well there are many alternatives if making your own landers is too time-consuming. Such as http://Efty.com which I mentioned earlier.

Efty landing pages take ages to load
for me at least

wordpress on a cheap host
will load slowly aswell

loading speed is a core factor
both for sales
and for search engine rankings

having your own lander will make the searchengine want to list your domain

•••
Efty landing pages take ages to load
for me at least

wordpress on a cheap host
will load slowly aswell

loading speed is a core factor
both for sales
and for search engine rankings

having your own lander will make the searchengine want to list your domain
Did you send this feedback to Doron?

•••

cloud is not synonyme to speed

We host with IBM Softlayer in the cloud but I agree with you, speed and loading time can be improved and it's high up on our list of priorities.

•••

I have sent this feedback a ton of times for months and been told it is high up on the agenda.
Landing pages take 5 seconds + to load, rediculous and loads of lost leads are inevitable, who has patience to wait that long.

He emailed me just days ago to say they are now finally ready to make a change that will speed up the landing page loading times and that it should be rolled out for everyone some time this week after "extensive testing".

Time will tell ...

•••
my domain pages are on a cheap virtual cloud machine
but I think there will be no complaints in terms of loading speed

•••
u can design site on wordpress direcrtly. host there. it takes no time to load.

i do not need to store wordpress on your own hosting

I just joined wordpress few days ago. created free lander there. in 10 seconds. just to get buyer email. good enough for me. free, no hosting of my own needed. www.lyz.co

before I was bodis sale lander.. but it's a lot of words and extra info I think. maybe when they let peole customize I go back

hope this help anyone looing for free no hosting needed lander that loads as fast u blink

nuff on landers for me. giood luck to all landers and people.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back