Dynadot

advice Be The Master Of Your Domains With Your Own Landing Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bram C.

AlmightyDomains.com + HeroForYou.comTop Member
Impact
In 2010, when I started out with domaining, I didn’t have my own landing pages. All the domains that I purchased back then I would simply park at Sedo. The sales were slowly pouring in after my first few months of domaining but I was sure that I could do a lot better. So I decided I would build my own landing pages for my domains and I would do it for 3 important reasons:

1. I wanted to be in control. I wanted to build a smooth user experience. To be able to use my own sales pitch and decide how my landing page would look like.
  2. I wanted to get rid of the middle man. I didn’t like that I had to pay commissions. Just like anyone I wanted to make as much profit as possible.
  3. I wanted to be able to optimize my landing pages by doing A/B split testing and I wanted to have detailed stats about my visitors. Where are they coming from, what website are they going to after they leave my landing page, are they returning to my landing page at a later date.

READ MORE: http://domainative.com/be-the-master-of-your-domains-with-your-own-landing-pages/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
u can design site on wordpress direcrtly. host there. it takes no time to load.

i do not need to store wordpress on your own hosting

I just joined wordpress few days ago. created free lander there. in 10 seconds. just to get buyer email. good enough for me. free, no hosting of my own needed. www.lyz.co

before I was bodis sale lander.. but it's a lot of words and extra info I think. maybe when they let peole customize I go back

hope this help anyone looing for free no hosting needed lander that loads as fast u blink

nuff on landers for me. giood luck to all landers and people.

wordpress is not good choice if you just want a lot domains
using the same layout
and the domain details populated into the page

and realy "enter the domain"
is not what I would want

•••
Ok I'm now officially out of this thread. Been busy with it for the last 4 days and been doing less "domaining" because of it. Everyone who has questions I'll gladly chat with through PM.

•••
u can design site on wordpress direcrtly. host there. it takes no time to load.

i do not need to store wordpress on your own hosting

I just joined wordpress few days ago. created free lander there. in 10 seconds. just to get buyer email. good enough for me. free, no hosting of my own needed. www.lyz.co

before I was bodis sale lander.. but it's a lot of words and extra info I think. maybe when they let peole customize I go back

hope this help anyone looing for free no hosting needed lander that loads as fast u blink

nuff on landers for me. giood luck to all landers and people.

You should add your domain name in that page if the name is long i m sure buyer are not coming by typing it so you better add long name in that page and high light with colors.

•••
wordpress is not good choice if you just want a lot domains
using the same layout
and the domain details populated into the page

and realy "enter the domain"
is not what I would want

I don't want any populating. just what you see there.

and it's confirm the domain
like conmfirm your email.
I've seen worst.
(like yours).

to each his own
cheers

•••
In my opinion "encountered" means someone you met.

Oh so now I have to meet people in person to share ideas?

This isn't 1910 Romney, we have the internet. The sharing of ideas, and encounters, goes past having to sit next to each other to have encounters.

I'm having an encounter with you, albeit an unpleasant one.

been doing less "domaining" because of it

Keep working on those landing pages, you'll be doing even less. Cheers.

•••
I don't want any populating. just what you see there.

and it's confirm the domain
like conmfirm your email.
I've seen worst.
(like yours).

to each his own
cheers

for me populating is a must
not only the domain name
but details like buy now price
or search data

and each domain need to resolve as the domain itself
thats a must too

•••
You should add your domain name in that page if the name is long i m sure buyer are not coming by typing it so you better add long name in that page and high light with colors.

yes.. not a bad point. I don't midn to confirm domain. it gives extra step to ensure buyer is serious.. maybe a bit like a captcha thing.

nonetheless, ther eis limitation fo wordpress where I don't think I can pass domain as parameter. or display it. so this is my workaround to this.

I think it is acceptable. and basic enough to my liking. I'd definitely prefer this simplistic design to most others I see. but liek I Said. tis whatever works for you.

•••
yes.. not a bad point. I don't midn to confirm domain. it gives extra step to ensure buyer is serious.. maybe a bit like a captcha thing.

nonetheless, ther eis limitation fo wordpress where I don't think I can pass domain as parameter. or display it. so this is my workaround to this.

I think it is acceptable. and basic enough to my liking. I'd definitely prefer this simplistic design to most others I see. but liek I Said. tis whatever works for you.

I understand that you try to live with it
only results will tell if its good enough

please let us know

•••
for me populating is a must
not only the domain name
but details like buy now price
or search data

and each domain need to resolve as the domain itself
thats a must too

yes.. like I Said to each his own.. none of us have the same musts.. honestly.

but I know what you mena. if you want buynow prices like u haev etc.. then obvciously you hjave to populate and resolve. I Get that

the point is, I don't want buynow prices. just email lead to begin negotiations.

good luck to you Frank.

•••
I understand that you try to live with it
only results will tell if its good enough

please let us know

we all try to live with what we have Frank. you make no exception to this rule.
I keep posted on results. ciao Frank.

•••
we all try to live with what we have Frank. you make no exception to this rule. but maybe you like to think you do.

good luck to you alcy

I always try to make things work the way I want it
and I have always succeded in the past ;)

•••
Any physical or digital product (domains included) sell better if nicely packed ...
That´s not rocket-science, is visual-marketing or neuro-marketing, everything
can be a game changer, believe it or not ! Even the color of the BUY NOW button ...
Do you thing that BB domains would sell if not packed with a nice landing page,
a description and a logo ??? Just think about that; all that is added value.
BB is not selling domains: they are selling logos, text and nice landing pages ;)
Most of brandables aren´t worth the reg. fee, but packed with a nice landing page they sell for $X,XXX

Great landing pages @Bram C.
Congrat´s ...

Last edited:
•••
Honestly, I have never tried Efty. But I know some friends of mine who did and they were pleased about the service so I figured I would add it to my blog post as an alternative choice to create your own landers.
Efty evidently is a more easy way to get started with landers compared to doing it yourself from scratch (and in the end you eliminate the middleman as well since you have zero commissions to pay).

Thanks for the response.Your landing page and main site look very polished.

Not that I am the best resource for input, but if I am being honest there is a lot of writing on your landing pages. I probably would not take that much time to read everything under the sections like "Easy to Remember", "Efficient Marketing", etc... That is just my 2 cents. This is just nit picking as your setup is something to be desired.

•••
@Bram C. , @DomainVP , @alcy

What do you think of Bicolu.com landing page?

I found some wordpress stuff and made it look and tweak to what it is now. I thought maybe I should remove the background as it might seem slow even thougj the form gets displayed quickly. Atleast to me.

Is it loading fast enough to you guys?

No sales or conversion stuff. I intend to further add two things like displaying domain on the page, adding captcha ( Is it necessary ?? )
by editing the code etc

•••

I found some wordpress stuff and made it look and tweak to what it is now. I thought maybe I should remove the background as it might seem slow even thougj the form gets displayed quickly. Atleast to me.

No sales or conversion stuff. I intend to further add two things like displaying domain on the page, adding captcha ( Is it necessary ?? )
by editing the code etc

i'd definitely remove background
it's slooooooooow.

so... this is ran from the wordpress site or your hosting wordpress pages on your own servers?

how will you display the name of domain on this wordpress page? I am not familiar enough with wordpress. I noticed this page does not ask for domain name yuo want to buy like mine.. so.. I guess there is a way in wordpress to pass this as paramete or someting. that'd be nice.

•••

by editing the code etc

It is very slow.

Plus you not listing your name how you guys always think someone is going to type and come to you they may find your name some where in link so why you want to give them hard time to read the full name again from browser bar why not add domain name there?

•••
It is very slow.

Plus you not listing your name how you guys always think someone is going to type and come to you they may find your name some where in link so why you want to give them hard time to read the full name again from browser bar why not add domain name there?

well good point. and even though 99% of cases it'll be typein traffic, I think even if it isn't and there is some kidn of link, it'll redirect to a masked name in address bar.

i think no matter how yuo reach it or from where, it'll always mask it in address bar. cause thats the domain redirect url and dns.

same as parked bodis page or voodoo.. it always shows name in bar, no matter wherefrom the traffic was refered.

•••
i'd definitely remove background
it's slooooooooow.

so... this is ran from the wordpress site or your hosting wordpress pages on your own servers?

how will you display the name of domain on this wordpress page? I am not familiar enough with wordpress. I noticed this page does not ask for domain name yuo want to buy like mine.. so.. I guess there is a way in wordpress to pass this as paramete or someting. that'd be nice.

Right from my server . The domain is in the title. I can add field to add domain but am working on saving the buyer that and displaying the name on the page and also on a field

It is very slow.

Thank , you have valid point and I am working on this. I habe to mess with somw codes to add thism It is not.available.

I will share when I manage that.

I will remove the background thanks :)

•••

by editing the code etc

well you didn t ask me ...

but I like it
I like the background
it loads medium speed for me
fast enough but not brillaint

I dont like the font
especially not the capital T

•••
I will remove the background thanks :)

you could load the background image after the form loads
and have the image at amazon ez cloud

or you put it somewhere else on your page
wait for google image to capture it
and next load it from google images
on the front page

•••
well you didn t ask me ...

but I like it
I like the background
it loads medium speed for me
fast enough but not brillaint

I dont like the font
especially not the capital T

Thank you Frank. Of course all opinions are impirtant to me. You dont like the Dropcap? I will experiment something different.

•••
you could load the background image after the form loads
and have the image at amazon ez cloud

or you put it somewhere else on your page
wait for google image to capture it
and next load it from google images

Brilliant Idea. Thank you. I intend to create some sort of background changing events

•••
Thank you Frank. Of course all opinions are impirtant to me. You dont like the Dropcap? I will experiment something different.

I think the font is ugly
sorry ;)

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back