Dynadot

advice Be The Master Of Your Domains With Your Own Landing Pages

NameSilo
Watch

Bram C.

AlmightyDomains.com + HeroForYou.comTop Member
Impact
In 2010, when I started out with domaining, I didn’t have my own landing pages. All the domains that I purchased back then I would simply park at Sedo. The sales were slowly pouring in after my first few months of domaining but I was sure that I could do a lot better. So I decided I would build my own landing pages for my domains and I would do it for 3 important reasons:

1. I wanted to be in control. I wanted to build a smooth user experience. To be able to use my own sales pitch and decide how my landing page would look like.
  2. I wanted to get rid of the middle man. I didn’t like that I had to pay commissions. Just like anyone I wanted to make as much profit as possible.
  3. I wanted to be able to optimize my landing pages by doing A/B split testing and I wanted to have detailed stats about my visitors. Where are they coming from, what website are they going to after they leave my landing page, are they returning to my landing page at a later date.

READ MORE: http://domainative.com/be-the-master-of-your-domains-with-your-own-landing-pages/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
this will get the domain into your page

<?php
preg_match('/[^.]+\.[^.]+$/', $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"],$match);
$localhost = $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"];
$domain= $match[0];

echo $domain;
?>

•••
Fill the following form to enquire about this domai and we will get back to you shorly

some letters missing:

Fill the following form to enquire about this domain and we will get back to you shortly

•••
this will get the domain into your page

<?php
preg_match('/[^.]+\.[^.]+$/', $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"],$match);
$localhost = $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"];
$domain= $match[0];

echo $domain;
?>

Thank you Frank , I know and have that code but I am finding a way to call it from yhe backend through shortcodes , I am evwn starting to think.maybe Javascript might be better . What do you think?

•••
Thank you Frank , I know and have that code but I am finding a way to call it from yhe backend through shortcodes , I am evwn starting to think.maybe Javascript might be better . What do you think?

I use this
and I would not try wordpress

•••
Fill the following form to enquire about this domai and we will get back to you shorly

some letters missing:

Fill the following form to enquire about this domain and we will get back to you shortly

Yeah I changed to unedited version that is why that spelling error is showing. I was testing image free version

•••
Great post, awesome landing pages. Thanks for tips.

•••
•••
Very helpful information.. Thanks @Bram C.

•••
Haven't read the blog post completely but have read this entire thread (almost). I have always been a big fan of your lovely domain sales pages @Bram C.

Regarding the argument if a good sales page can help sell a domain, it really does not matter as the 'thing of attraction' for the buyer is the domain name, not the design or the sales pitch on that landing page.

A fellow gave an example of Brandbucket domains a few posts above that such brandable domains are usually not worth reg fee but when packed with a nice logo and landing page, they sell for $x,xxx. I respectfully have to disagree with you mate, because the buyer has his own logo to go with his website once it is ready.

We should realize that a buyer acquire domain(s) to either set a business on it, or as an investment. In both scenarios the key factor any buyer would have in mind would be the domain name itself, and not the landing page design or the logo that domain has on Brandbucket or any other domain marketplace site.

Optimized landing pages do help in selling domains but only "sellable" domains, not "junk/pigeon shit" domains.

I use my own domain sales pages and the best thing I like about it is that it gives a professional look and can help increase the confidence level of the buyer, that could help in the negotiation process and fetching the right price; if you know what I mean.

Great thread, nice landing pages, and these were just my two cents mates.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
The evolution of the layout, design, UI and color scheme of the landing page reflects a rare maturity as a domainer.

I am sure the conversion rate has gone up too.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back