Dynadot

discuss Best landing pages, domainNameSales alternatives?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
I read DNS is best for regular for sale landers.. is this correct or does it get any better? I don't want to go with sedo or afternic.. and want to work with offers only and no buynows...

I read there are some services that specialize in these landers for your domains for sale.. but does anyone really beat DNS?

or do you guys actually have your own landers and redirect there, to avoid commissions and stuff? are there really no advantages to letting a broker help out with sales like at DNS?

I mean if it was all the same to have your own lander vs dns, everyone would go with their own no? ;)

Any opinions would be great. thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
thanks. let me get it straight... you have your own parking or you work like above.com and optimize other companies? the sale landers are obviously for no parking and no revenue methjod right? otherwise its just a sales banner with the companies you work with.. or yoru own parking.. still dunno which one it is.

i joined, will play more tomorrow. looks nice!

•••
thanks. let me get it straight... you have your own parking or you work like above.com and optimize other companies? the sale landers are obviously for no parking and no revenue methjod right? otherwise its just a sales banner with the companies you work with.. or yoru own parking.. still dunno which one it is.

i joined, will play more tomorrow. looks nice!

We have our own parking servers (ns1/ns2) but we don't show any ads on landing pages. The landers are designed to help you increase inquiries, not PPC revenue so it's 100% a For Sale page and 0% Ads.

•••
We have our own parking servers (ns1/ns2) but we don't show any ads on landing pages. The landers are designed to help you increase inquiries, not PPC revenue so it's 100% a For Sale page and 0% Ads.

got it
thanks.

bit new to parking here.. so I must have got confused by your integration with various parking companes section

what is that section all about then? last time I saw smething like this it was above.com
and you know what thats' all about I'm sure

thanks. looks really nice though. well done job.

•••
@alcy the core of Efty is to be a all-round domain name management tool. The landing pages is just one of many features. Users can also easily add and edit their domains to Bodis, ParkingCrew, Sedo etc from within Efty.

•••
@alcy the core of Efty is to be a all-round domain name management tool. The landing pages is just one of many features. Users can also easily add and edit their domains to Bodis, ParkingCrew, Sedo etc from within Efty.

so in short, if I decide to point my domains to yoru servers cause I want those cute full page landers of yours, I can pretty much skip the bodis pc voodoo integration section, cause I won't be (able) parking at any of them. did I get it right at this late hour of ours here?

•••
so in short, if I decide to point my domains to yoru servers cause I want those cute full page landers of yours, I can pretty much skip the bodis pc voodoo integration section, cause I won't be (able) parking at any of them. did I get it right at this late hour of ours here?

Yep, you got it!

•••
Yep, you got it!

good. i'll check it out
looks real nice
thanks for your fine support.

I'll check tomorrow.. read through your faq.. still unsure about commissions etc.. goodnite.

•••
I definitely like the efty solution. It's a great solution for domain owners that have absolutely no design/coding expertise, best of success on that venture @dv82.

DNS isn't going to be any different than if you had your own contact form. If someone comes to your domain, and they want it, having a 'broker' handle the inquiry is not going to change the outcome. I avoid commissions like the plague, unless I am doing some research into a service.

I have been playing around with landing pages over time with mixed results. Right now I am testing out a method where I show zero content and just have a 'contact admin" email address that is an @[DomainName].com specific to the domain.

The mindset behind this is a psychological one... if someone wants a domain and they have an idea for it, I want to be completely out of the way of their idea and concept of their venture/project. So if they see that it's not 'in use' then maybe they will take the step to inquire. I want them to make that mental leap, instead of having a glaring "FOR SALE" in their face. They also won't know what my immediate plans are for the domain... is he trying to sell it? are they going to develop it? someone may not have thought to eMail and ask, maybe I will!

I have automated this process using scripts and databases, so if I want to change the content of all domains I can do so with a click of a button (or two).

The most inquires came in when I had a smooth landing page that was visually appealing and had a countdown "time remaining" timer [see thread] , and would do a css logo of the domain and would provided a contact address. The inbound inquires increased, but they were all low ballers and 'tire kickers'.

I just tried out the 'wordpress install' approach, where I installed wordpress, had two articles, some related images, and then a 'considering selling' post at the top. It reduced the number of inquiries drastically this month - so I am going to put that approach to rest.

I also always add analytics to the landing pages, so that I know where a visitor has come from; since the only place that specific eMail is listed is on the domain.

So long story short... if you know code, create your own. If you don't know code, use a service that will supply you with a landing page.

•••
I really like efty so far and just started using them. I have sold several domains through domainnamessales landing pages, but several of my domains get lots of false inquiries. I have oemdealer dot com which was at times getting multiple auto parts quote requests per day.

•••
Yep, you got it!

howdy, had a better look at your site today.
neat things there.

not clear on couple things, perhpas you can clarify:
how do people find other people's domains on there? I see some visits to my domains from others, and yet I see no searchbar to search through entire market, but only my own portoflio.

if I understand well, you do not charge commission per sale. are there monthyl fees now or will there be later?

thanks.

•••
howdy, had a better look at your site today.
neat things there.

not clear on couple things, perhpas you can clarify:
how do people find other people's domains on there? I see some visits to my domains from others, and yet I see no searchbar to search through entire market, but only my own portoflio.

if I understand well, you do not charge commission per sale. are there monthyl fees now or will there be later?

thanks.

We don't have a consolidated marketplace but Efty allows you to set up and launch your own marketplace within a few minutes. Here's an example of such a marketplace: OutOfOffice.domains

We do not charge any commission but we will roll out paid plans in the future.

•••
Truname.com is my efty marketplace , I have mine setup with tiles as opposed to the list view.

I had a site setup before, but this is so much simpler to keep updated, and looks better imo.

•••
Check out www.efty.com (fyi- i'm a co-founder). Custom landing pages is one of the many features of our tool. Some examples: www.bandmanager.com or www.companyrecruiter.com - landers are optimized for both mobile and desktop.

Ok, really nice layout.
I've been on the lookout for something simple and straight to the point as this.
Want to know, do you also have analytics for visitors activities when i use your lander?

•••
Truname.com is my efty marketplace , I have mine setup with tiles as opposed to the list view.

I had a site setup before, but this is so much simpler to keep updated, and looks better imo.
Checked this out too and its superb.
Keep it up @dv82

•••

Looks great!
Ok, really nice layout.
I've been on the lookout for something simple and straight to the point as this.
Want to know, do you also have analytics for visitors activities when i use your lander?

We have some basics stats on traffic to your marketplace and landers but this is something we look to improve upon in the future.

•••
Looks great!

We have some basics stats on traffic to your marketplace and landers but this is something we look to improve upon in the future.
Ok, guess i'd try it out.
How do i switch to your lander?
Thanks.

•••
landers are useless, if nobody types-in your domain name

and if your domain isn't indexed, then no visitors from SE's

so how will it get seen?

just a question you should ask yourself.

imo....

•••
•••
I opened an account at efty but got error codes for all my domains when I tried to add them to the site.

Never mind. It added them even though it showed an error message.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back