Dynadot

discuss Baffled by people against hand reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Laguna

Top Member
Impact
As many of you know, I hand reg all my domains. Most posts I have read are all against it. I am baffled by this as ALL domains were originally hand reg . Your comments and opinions are welcome but NO personal comments about my way of doing things please.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How about this for a hand reg.
Yes it's 3 words but....

GlobalSpaceInternet .com

Elon musk space internet

Last edited:
•••
I understand you want to play it safe. I don’t color inside the lines bc that’s what you’re supposed to do therefore it doesn’t interest me. I also don’t think outside the box because the box never really existed.

Envision a sleek looking autonomous pod or capsule . Use your imagination. Autonotronics. Just think about it, or don’t .

ya.. no. I also thought it was cool when I reggae'd SelfDrivingATV... didn't color in the lines. didn't believe in the box. 1 year later, didn't renew it and wasted like $3 :D.

You can go for autono domains, yes. But why choose that when you can choose domains that already have a probable market?

Anyway, you asked for my opinion. And that's what it is. I asked for a link showing "autono" slang usage. Please show. Otherwise, if it's totally never been used before, then imo, it's not good to reggae autono names.

•••
ya.. no. I also thought it was cool when I reggae'd SelfDrivingATV... didn't color in the lines. didn't believe in the box. 1 year later, didn't renew it and wasted like $3 :D.

You can go for autono domains, yes. But why choose that when you can choose domains that already have a probable market?

Anyway, you asked for my opinion. And that's what it is. I asked for a link showing "autono" slang usage. Please show. Otherwise, if it's totally never been used before, then imo, it's not good to reggae autono names.

That’s what visionaries do. They do things that have never been done before. It’s innovation. I see a lot of autono domains for sale and existing websites with products and services . Here’s a link http://autonobot.com/

•••
what the heck are you smokin, boi LOL.

I understand you love GTLDs, but holey shiz don't be givin wrong advice like dis. Unless you're being insanely sarcastic, which then, I will apologize and say haha best joke :D
I am not smoking anything, Mr. Horrible font to read .. but something tells me you are on pretty good trip now :)

•••
•••
As many of you know, I hand reg all my domains. Most posts I have read are all against it. I am baffled by this as ALL domains were originally hand reg . Your comments and opinions are welcome but NO personal comments about my way of doing things please.

Age is just a number. I sold a handreg about 8 months old to Microsoft.

Quality will always supersede all other parameters especially age.

•••
•••

I totally agree. Here is what I posted sometime ago about one of the myths that prevent domain investors from selling more names.

Domain age matters
The truth is that for the majority of end-users, the age of the domain is irrelevant. The real value of the domain is in the domain itself. If Hotels.com drops tomorrow and you happen to catch it, that does nothing to the value of the domain. It is still one of the most premium names you can find. But that applies to almost every other domain. Now, some end-users may prefer names with some history and links, but even in this case age may be irrelevant, since links are not lost overnight.

•••

Was it outbound to Microsoft?

•••
Was it outbound to Microsoft?
No stealth approach by them to me. But I knew it was Microsoft. I had sold a few more domains to them and after a month all were transfered to Microsoft.

•••
No stealth approach by them to me. But I knew it was Microsoft. I had sold a few more domains to them and after a month all were transfered to Microsoft.
Congrats, that's awesome!

How stealth? Gmail account? Acting like student project?

•••

Very cool, congrats!

•••
•••
Congrats, that's awesome!

How stealth? Gmail account? Acting like student project?

They came as a regular end user. From a consultancy company and had a professional website. Everything was regular. Nothing shady.

•••
Hand regs are not bad if your eyes have developed, Hand regs are not good if your greed has developed.

•••
I understand you want to play it safe. I don’t color inside the lines bc that’s what you’re supposed to do therefore it doesn’t interest me. I also don’t think outside the box because the box never really existed.

Envision a sleek looking autonomous pod or capsule . Use your imagination. Autonotronics. Just think about it, or don’t .

dude. ok. lol. In 365 days, I'll be seeing your autono domains in tower. And i'll pass on them.

ur attitude was exactly mine, and everyone's when they started domaining. They ask for advice, then when people who have been on NP for like 2124234 years say "dats bad" I used to just ignore them and think I was right...

It's your money, so... go ahead and get all the autono domains you want, I guess.

you can always prove me wrong by showing me evidence that the abbreviation is starting to be adopted, and I'll always be open to such evidence btw. But from my cursory research, it seems like it's non-existent.

•••
So you could sell it for $30, is that profitable? If I can maybe sell a cake for $30 that costs $1 to make does that mean I should be in the cake business?

well, cakes are not domains. and my gawd everyone buys cakes. If you can make a cake for $1 and mass-produce them for a short period of time, then you're making 30x... sell 100 cakes a day and then wow

•••
@Jv1999 as you seem to like research maybe see what you can find on space internet.
GlobalSpaceInternet

In dot com

•••
@Jv1999 as you seem to like research maybe see what you can find on space internet.
GlobalSpaceInternet

In dot com

man u 2018 guys just don't get it. "as you seem to like research" lol. If you can't understand that what WE are trying to say is that research is NECESSARY for reggae... then don't bother.

That's like if you're trying to sell cars and you say, "as you seem to like to talk to potential buyers."

i see why that other person was yelling at you too. You're just too stubborn to understand lol.

A. If you reggae w/o research, you'll probably not do well for most of your reggae.
B. All good domainers who consistently make sails above xxx do research.

A + B ⇒ You MUST do research if you're going to be a long-term domainer.

Last edited:
•••
man u 2018 guys just don't get it. "as you seem to like research" lol. If you can't understand that what WE are trying to say is that research is NECESSARY for reggae... then don't bother.

That's like if you're trying to sell cars and you say, "as you seem to like to talk to potential buyers."

i see why that other person was yelling at you too. You're just too stubborn to understand lol.

A. If you reggae w/o research, you'll probably not do well for most of your reggae.
B. All good domainers who consistently make sails above xxx do research.

A + B ⇒ You MUST do research if you're going to be a long-term domainer.
Please tell me what's wrong with it then. I'm happy to be educated

•••
Please tell me what's wrong with it then. I'm happy to be educated

It's not that there's somethign wrong. It's just that you guys don't want to listen.

You need patience and the energy and effort and dedication to read through NP threads looking for knowledge. Because hand reggae is something you need to get a feel for.

Start out going through the Reported Domain Sales Thread. Go through each sale looking for the sails that were purchased for hand reggae prices ($1 - $10). Read any information they included as to why it sold. If none is available, then google the domain, google parts of the domain... figure out why it was good.

If you can understand why these domains are good. Then you'll have better insight into hand reggae.

•••
It's not that there's somethign wrong. It's just that you guys don't want to listen.

You need patience and the energy and effort and dedication to read through NP threads looking for knowledge. Because hand reggae is something you need to get a feel for.

Start out going through the Reported Domain Sales Thread. Go through each sale looking for the sails that were purchased for hand reggae prices ($1 - $10). Read any information they included as to why it sold. If none is available, then google the domain, google parts of the domain... figure out why it was good.

If you can understand why these domains are good. Then you'll have better insight into hand reggae.
Still didn't answer my question.and what the hell is reggae ?

•••
•••
reggae is registration.
what is your question exaclty
[/QUOT
You gave a reply about 2018 guys don't listen and to do research. I did research the above domain and that is why I regged it. Are you saying "space internet" is not relevant in domaining terms ?

•••
How about this for a hand reg.
Yes it's 3 words but....

GlobalSpaceInternet .com

Elon musk space internet
globalinternetspace.com is available for regfee and it rolls off the tongue better.
internetglobalspace.com is free too.
And then you can surely find other names with keyword substitution.

hosterstats.com does not have any history, probably this name has never been registered in the past, which usually is a bad sign.

It's easy to make up good domain names by combining two keywords together. This is the sweet spot.
With 3 words it is quite more difficult. Not only does it make the name longer and less desirable/memorable, the number of possible alternatives also increases exponentially.

One rule of thumb is that people are not going to buy your domains, if they can find alternatives of similar or better quality available for regfee. Nobody likes to pay a premium for a domain name, so they really need a compelling reason for buying from a domainer. This kind of handreg is not stuff that is in demand.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back