NameSilo

Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
RE: Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Seems like there's a lot of news lately, as recently as the last few days, of advances in driverless & autonomous cars. There are multiple auto makers getting ready to launch some form of these cars, and of course, Google is working on their project car.

I have a handful of domains related to this news & technology, and I am wondering if anybody else has any? Also, any spike in traffic to your domains, or news of sales???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Self-DrivingFleet - Self-DrivingNetwork .coms

Uber launches first self-driving taxi fleet in US

Uber has launched the first self-driving taxi fleet in the US in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, striding ahead as companies such as Google, Tesla, Ford and GM race to develop autonomous vehicle technology.
The San Francisco-based company said it would have dozens of self-driving cars on the road by year-end, although the vehicles would still have human “drivers” who sit behind the wheel to intervene if needed.

Uber’s announcement comes a fortnight after the world’s first driverless taxi fleet was launched in Singapore, and follows a string of acquisitions and investments in driverless technologies at a time when automotive and technology companies are jockeying for position.

For Uber, self-driving vehicles are a long-term bet on what it believes will be the future of urban transport, and could eventually cut the cost of transport by eliminating the need for drivers.

The ride-hailing company has intensified its focus on autonomous technologies in recent months, acquiring Otto, a self-driving truck start-up, and partnering with Volvo to develop its next generation of self-driving cars.

Anthony Levandowski, who took the helm at Uber’s driverless research programme as part of the Otto deal, said that developing self-driving technology was “the most important thing we can be looking to do in the next 10 years”.

Read more: https://www.ft.com/content/bd0f43fe-7a2a-11e6-ae24-f193b105145e

•••
  • assisteddriver.com
  • conventionalmode.com
  • navigatingvehicle.com

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
The thing is.. the hyphen at "self-driving"/"self-driven" is a lot better than at "selfdriving-..." (and even more correct than selfdriving/selfdriven written together)

i know it is not intuitive for us domainers but that's how it is and why morf's domains sold

I disagree, but time will tell. On the parochial side it is often written self-driving, but not always.

I'll remain hopeful for mine but they're hyphenates which are only a small percentage of my names.

Last edited:
•••
The thing is.. the hyphen at "self-driving"/"self-driven" is a lot better than at "selfdriving-..." (and even more correct than selfdriving/selfdriven written together)

i know it is not intuitive for us domainers but that's how it is and why morf's domains sold

If you google self-driving vs selfdriving you will see which is better

•••
"..is a lot better than at "selfdriving-..." (hyphen afterwards)"

of course selfdriving without any hyphen is better, but still "less correct" than self-driving semantically (or however it is called in journalism limbo..)

•••
If you google self-driving vs selfdriving you will see which is better

I am getting:

self-driving = About 18,000,000 results
selfdriving = About 14,800,000 results

The reason why Google write "self-driving car" on the side of their vehicle is because it is the correct spelling.

Remember we are not always going to be selling domains to other domainers. Sometimes end users will wan't the exact same domain name that is written on the side of their vehicle :)

If I was calling my company self-driving trucks, I would have no hesitance in buying the domain name self-drivingtrucks(.com)

Not mine BTW ;)

Last edited:
•••
Whilst we are on the subject, in the process of selling three self-driving domains in bulk for a total of $1,200

Buyer is getting an absolute steal in my eyes, but ROI is good and I still have some cover left in "self-driving"

Will post more info once Escrow is completed ;)

•••
Always the same Sean & Brian couple lol.. there is no other buyer shelling out grands for these domains at this early stage yet.. but congrats on the package sale *thumbs up*

•••
Any thoughts on driverlesscartruck or selfdrivingcarstrucks? Too long combining cars and trucks? May provide protection or support to the super premium generic matches like driverlesscar or selfdrivecar.

•••
Driverless couriers.com
Autonomous couriers.com

Both available in make offer forum. want to unload quick so great time for a deal.

•••
Any thoughts on driverlesscartruck or selfdrivingcarstrucks? Too long combining cars and trucks? May provide protection or support to the super premium generic matches like driverlesscar or selfdrivecar.

I don't know if cars & trucks really go well together. Doesn't sound right to me.

There are other words that can go well together though.

I think Taxi & Cabs can go together

Motor & Car etc.

Just recently reg'd:

Self-driving Taxicab (.com)
Self-driving Taxicabs (.com)

•••
Just listed my collection in the Make Offer section

I know it's early to sell but willing to let some go now to fund some future projects

•••
•••
•••
autonomousvehicule.com

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Sold in bulk for $1,200

Self-driving Cab (.com)
Self-driving Cabs (.com)
Self-driving Taxis (.com)

Buyer got a great deal imo.

Got hold of these domains for about $30 under a year ago so the ROI was good enough for me to take a short term profit.

Still managed to keep the domain I liked best which was:

Self-driving Taxi (.com)

Will put that one in storage and try to find an end user when the time is right ;)

Also reg'd:

$1.50 each, so still got some coverage in the taxi/cab sector.

Last edited:
•••
I still also view it as worthwhile to get driving domains with:

Robo
Robot
Robotic

In addition to the more speculated:

Autonomous
SelfDriving
Self-Driving

•••
Sold in bulk for $1,200

Self-driving Cab (.com)
Self-driving Cabs (.com)
Self-driving Taxis (.com)

Buyer got a great deal imo.

Got hold of these domains for about $30 under a year ago so the ROI was good enough for me to take a short term profit.

Still managed to keep the domain I liked best which was:

Self-driving Taxi (.com)

Will put that one in storage and try to find an end user when the time is right ;)

Also reg'd:

$1.50 each, so still got some coverage in the taxi/cab sector.

Awesome. The Taxi/Cab side of things is hot. I let got of DriverlessCabs (.com) for $810!

•••
Awesome. The Taxi/Cab side of things is hot. I let got of DriverlessCabs (.com) for $810!

In 5-10 years these types of domains will probably sell for a very decent amount.

Obviously me & you made a very good ROI but got a feeling the buyers could make a very good ROI themselves.

•••
In 5-10 years these types of domains will probably sell for a very decent amount.

Obviously me & you made a very good ROI but got a feeling the buyers could make a very good ROI themselves.

Yes as first registrant, no need to be greedy. Called win-win. Made a profit, and enough is left on the table for the purchaser to also see a good return!

•••
New Images of the Fully-Autonomous Fisker EMotion Unveiled

IN BRIEF
  • The Fisker EMotion will achieve an all-electric range of 644 km (400 mi), and have a top speed of 259 kp/h (161 mph).
  • The car, which will be cheaper than the Tesla Model 3, will carry fully autonomous driving features.
If you haven’t heard of Henrik Fisker, then it’s time to take note—he could very well change the electric car game with the Fisker EMotion.

According to Fisker Inc., the EMotion is designed to achieve an all-electric 644 km (400 mi) range, beating the Tesla Model S by 137 km (85 mi). This will be made possible through their graphene-based hybrid supercapacitor technology, currently being developed by Fisker’s battery division. The sleek sedan will have a top speed of 259 kp/h (161 mph), with a body structure composed of carbon fiber and aluminum.

Read more: http://futurism.com/new-images-of-the-fully-autonomous-fisker-emotion-unveiled/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back