IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
not increasing my prices at Afternic above SH prices
In this context, Part 7, B-7 of the Afternic Membership Agreement warrants careful attention.

•••
In this context, Part 7, B-7 of the Afternic Membership Agreement warrants careful attention.

Not sure what that is, but SH was demanding certain percentage above to steer more purchases to be made via SH itself rather than AN platform. And its punishment was excluding from any promotion. I assume that includes not paying for retargeting ads, suppressing internal search results etc. While still requiring 35% commission. Ridiculous. And changing terms like that screams "an unreliable partner". So, I removed my 100+ names after waiting few years patiently to see if it can outperform AN STR even with higher commission and lower prices (it didn't). In fact I sold more names that got approved, but I didn't get to activating, via AN than the ones approved and listed at SH.

•••
I would love to check out the wholesale marketplace, but I don't feel like listing domains in order to buy domains.

If a Wholesale price is set, the domain will be visible in a special Wholesale Marketplace, which is only visible to authorized wholesale buyers.

How do I become an Authorized Wholesale Buyer?

You can become an authorized wholesale buyer by having a minimum of 10 approved and live premium listings in the Atom Premium domain marketplace. (Please Note: approval is automated by our system, please allow up to 48 hours for access after the 10th approved Premium domain)

Hypothetically speaking, does anybody know if the following is possible:

Step 1. new atom domainer (example @bmugford) creates an Atom account
Step 2. existing atom seller (example me) sells new atom seller 10 domains at wholesale price via namePros dm+Paypal
Step 3. Would the existing atom seller be able to transfer the domains to the new atom sellers account by entering the new sellers atom account # and username? (or would atom block the new atom account from receiving domains until the new account reaches a minimum of 10 premium domains?)

If this is possible and within the rules, I have around 1,500 Atom domains that I'd be happy to offer trusted domainers like Brad packages of 10 domains at wholesale pricing to help them onboard to Atom.

Last edited:
•••
Not sure what that is, but SH was demanding certain percentage above to steer more purchases to be made via SH itself rather than AN platform.
Indeed. The point is, the 10% increase required by Atom conflicts with the Afternic TOS.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Would the existing atom seller be able to transfer the domains to the new atom sellers account by entering the new sellers atom account # and username? (or would atom block the new atom account from receiving domains until the new account reaches a minimum of 10 premium domains?
The only way to transfer atom premiums and to have them stay premium, is to sell it via the atom wholesale market and have it paid and transfered directly there.There is NO other way. You need 10 premiums in place in order to participate. And when you buy you have to affirm you are doing so with the intent of keeping the names on atom

Last edited:
•••
I think that's fair.
Certainly. And you can argue that for Atom's TOS as well. However, they do not go together and the Sellers are therefore by definition at fault somewhere.

•••
The only way to transfer atom premiums snd to have them stay premium, is to sell it via the atom wholesale market and have it so and transfered there. Its catch 22. You need the 10 premiums in place in order to participate
I think it is kind of a disservice to domain sellers.

Someone like myself and others are active buyers, but I don't really want to use the marketplace as a seller.

So, it is basically walling off the service from potential buyers that would provide liquidity to sellers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
So, it is basically walling off the service to potential buyers that would provide liquidity to sellers.
Yes... they only want these names sold to dedicated atom buyers who will keep the names there upon purchase. They dont want people buying who will be inclined to remove names from their ecosystem

Last edited:
•••

Someone like myself and others are active buyers, but I don't really want to use the marketplace as a seller.

So, it is basically walling off the service from potential buyers that would provide liquidity to sellers.

Brad

Those portfolio mixes are not something you'd want. They often content large % of very SH specific names like Qore+Word. You can see some SH listed names for sale at NP. That will give you an idea.

•••
•••
@bmugford Also: "Please note that it is against our policy to acquire domains from wholesale marketplace with an intention to remove them from Atom Premium Marketplace. Atom may revoke your access to wholesale section if the names are removed within a short period after being acquired from wholesale marketplace." Source: https://helpdesk.atom.com/en/articles/2881912-wholesale-marketplace-portfolio-sales
Those portfolio mixes are not something you'd want. They often content large % of very SH specific names like Qore+Word. You can see some SH listed names for sale at NP. That will give you an idea.
Interesting. I guess I am not missing out on much then.

Brad

•••
Interesting. I guess I am not missing out on much then.
For Atom Sellers, they can create wholesale portfolios, but they can also set wholesale prices on a per domain basis. As a wholesale buyer, it's still possible to pick individual domains at wholesale prices from the inventory.

Currently there are 33,728 results in the private wholesale marketplace section (30,038 .com).

Last edited:
•••
The only way to transfer atom premiums and to have them stay premium, is to sell it via the atom wholesale market zgirectly and have it so and transfered there.There is NO other way. You need 10 premiums in place in order to participate. And when you buy you have to affirm you are doing so with the intent of keeping the names on atom

Are you sure about that?

I've sold domains to other SH sellers via namePros DM before (years ago though) using the "Transfer Domain" option listed on the drop down of each premium domain.

The "Transfer Domain" option still exists. Leading me to believe this is still functional? Thus my question is more about if the receiving party has to meet any requirment before being able to receive a domain or are you saying now when the transfer domain option is used this delists the domain as a premium listing? See:

gifmaker_me.gif

Edit: I just sent Atom a message asking for clarification. I will update this thread/post when I receive an answer.
Edit2: Chat Support quicklu responded that they forwarded my question to their marketplace team. Will update when I hear from them.

Last edited:
•••
Are you sure about that?
I was referring to wholesale-priced domains, when retaining premium status for the buyer.

If you sell premium names directly, outside of the wholesale market, the pricing must be at least 50% of the premium market listed pricing. And yes the premium status will stay intact. Sorry I didnt make that distinction more clear

Last edited:
•••
•••
I bought 2 domains from the SH wholesale marketplace which never ceases to amaze me; bought many gems; and the best place to grow Atom portfolio affordably. Premium seller-owned

I choose to transfer instead of push after buying domain SH Wholesale; and transfer to is cringe:
Visit Uniregistrar; they are defunct.

Where is Porkbun?

(My apologies i could not make image smaller)
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Max 40%, I think it is.
ok... confusing, sorry... maybe that is the transfer direct percentage. Cannot experiment to get an error message without knowing receiving account details

Other discounts that apply

General discount to a premium listing
Discount Update Not Saved! redacted.com - Discount should not be more than 15% of selling price
Import a lead:
Negotiated price must be atleast 50% of listed price

Last edited:
•••

Brad

Would you be willing to keep a minimum of 10 random Atom domains in your Atom portfolio to access the wholesale market? I guess that's around $100 per year in renewals to test Atom.

The second part that may need clarification is what is considered removal within a short period of time? ...For instance would Atom be fine with somebody acquiring a domain from Atom Wholesale, keeping it listed on Atom for 6-12 month minimum, then if it doesn't sell at retail, would Atom be understanding of the removal? Or will they consider the ratio of names held on atom vs names removed from atom?

Last edited:
•••
its actually 85%!! I just set an artificially-high discount on one of my premiums to throw an error code
I get this:

Example.com: This price is too high for a Wholesale listing. Please select a price that is 40% or below the listed price.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Would you be willing to keep a minimum of 10 random Atom domains in your Atom portfolio to access the wholesale market? I guess that's around $100 per year in renewals to test Atom.
More than likely, because I would like to be able to browse the marketplace.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back