Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. Why would the marketplace-native buyer pool necessarily be fixed?

Agencies grow by adding clients. That is possible if you actually try. There are added benefits for clients that use them. That's why they use them. There is plenty of room for offering more than a flat search box in this space.

There is also plenty of room for disrupting the bloated and inefficient consulting space itself - especially when it comes to names and domains, where "experts" don't know squat.

2. Why would no/few purchases on reagistrar syndication network have originated in marketplace exposure? I see quite a few where marketplace efforts to sell are the likely origin for conversion on registrar.

3. Why would buyers who pay thousands of dollars for a domain not attempt to follow through on the lander if nothing comes up in registration path?

4. Why for that matter would they not follow through outside of Afternic-enabled Godaddy registration path and buy it at another registrar, in which case Sedo syndication could absorb it if active?

I suspect that purchases at the registrar have a combination of causes. The ones that seem most probable are:

1: Pragmatism. Buying at the registrar seems like a shorter, safer distance from purchase to delivery since the vendor is the same. I have purchased hundreds of domains on behalf of clients and I confess that if I have to pick between a shoddy lander and an Afternic listing, I'm picking the Afternic listing. That does not mean that the client would not have followed through on the lander if the Afternic option did not exist.

2. General brand recognition. For registration path, the customer already knew where to search beforehand. They went with what they know. That does not mean that the decision leading up to the name selection did not incorporate marketplace exposure.

Aside from these main causes, the registration path is a monumental hurdle for businesses that do things right and acquire their domain early. You can't brainstorm a good name there. You need input first. Options. Which is where vendors that actually sell domains and not only harvest the customers already decided come in.

Although volatile, the startup numbers in the US, post Covid, is at an all time high development. Startups may be the biggest moneyed buyer pool. Even the ones that fail need a matching domain. They don't want to get stuck for weeks in a search box that offers no solution to name selection. They need (cost-effective) help to professionally find a name to buy in the first place, and to consider all sorts of things in the process. The requirements for rebrands and new launches from established players are similar, although they may opt for more costly alternatives such as naming consultants and trademark consultants. (Who in turn frequent the brandable marketplaces)

As to the idea that it is a lie that naming is a hard problem ("Ah, the old certain words are harder to find argument. The brandable marketplaces love that one and probably have created it.")

I think that the true snakeoil salesman is Godaddy and the registration path in general. They love the idea that domains "sell themselves" and have probably created it, with the gracious help of loyal domainers who conflate the aftermarket with Godaddy.

"the registration path is a monumental hurdle for businesses that do things right and acquire their domain early. You can't brainstorm a good name there. You need input first. Options." This is the primary (or perhaps) secondary reason why I like the brandable sites. Not everyone is a super large company with access to folks with the skills required to come up with good names. These sites do the work for you. My only issue is that as they become saturated it becomes harder to search for quality - but the key is as you described. The brainstorming is already done. Now you just need to "know it when you see it". No imagination required.

•••
"the registration path is a monumental hurdle for businesses that do things right and acquire their domain early. You can't brainstorm a good name there. You need input first. Options." This is the primary (or perhaps) secondary reason why I like the brandable sites. Not everyone is a super large company with access to folks with the skills required to come up with good names. These sites do the work for you. My only issue is that as they become saturated it becomes harder to search for quality - but the key is as you described. The brainstorming is already done. Now you just need to "know it when you see it". No imagination required.

Imagination though, underpins everything, even what may seem straightforward.

Sure, saturation is an issue. And it's not really an issue for the sites, and that may be the core of the issue for sellers.

Although I do think that the fluctuations of listings, delistings and quality that marginal results create is a terrible waste of time and energy for them. The management of that can't be reliably automated either. Or outsourced to the crowd.

There is a level at which the benefit of using them evaporates, and that's not what they want.

So it will balance itself out to a clear but limited benefit, eventually.

•••
Has anyone ever gotten 11 Expert Reviews? I thought Expert Reviews stop at 10... I have two names showing 11 now.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 7.59.15 AM.png

•••
Has anyone ever gotten 11 Expert Reviews? I thought Expert Reviews stop at 10... I have two names showing 11 now.

Show attachment 257010
1 of my pending review name- stopped at 10, since 4 days ago. Probably it just you OR its beta feature.:xf.laugh:

•••
Hi, I hope everyone here is well.

Anyone who is using Atom must keep track of their listings. I have been a Squadhelp user for more than 2 Years, still at 0 sales with 67 domains (66 if I don't count the name that they took from me).
I have never agreed with anyone who has complained that Atom is bad, that they favorite other sellers, that their pricing is wrong and their commission is high.
The reason I came here is to tell other domainers that last year I bought a name from SH's wholesale marketplace which was SH Registered (I only have 12 SH registered domains, the rest is mine).
The domain in question (PitchName. com) disappeared from my dashboard without any trace (no notification or email). I contacted support more than a week ago and they confirmed that the name was delisted and that they will check with the team, still no response.
Earlier this week, I checked the name and found that it had a price of 998$ (was 2199$ before) with a make offer option, still nothing on my dashboard.
Today when I checked the name, the price was 2299$ with a make offer option (no shortlists, it doesn't even show that it's a premium), still nothing on my dashboard.
It feels like I was robbed (paid for something but didn't get it) by Atom and I'm thinking maybe this wasn't the first time that they've done this to me or anyone else.

I wrote a post on X and tagged Atom's and Darpan's official accounts but no interaction. Apparently you must have a lot of followers for your complaint to be heard, that's why I came here.
I've been thinking of delisting my names and changing the platform, I guess now is the right time.

Anyone here experienced something similar ?

•••
Hi, I hope everyone here is well.

Anyone who is using Atom must keep track of their listings. I have been a Squadhelp user for more than 2 Years, still at 0 sales with 67 domains (66 if I don't count the name that they took from me).
I have never agreed with anyone who has complained that Atom is bad, that they favorite other sellers, that their pricing is wrong and their commission is high.
The reason I came here is to tell other domainers that last year I bought a name from SH's wholesale marketplace which was SH Registered (I only have 12 SH registered domains, the rest is mine).
The domain in question (PitchName. com) disappeared from my dashboard without any trace (no notification or email). I contacted support more than a week ago and they confirmed that the name was delisted and that they will check with the team, still no response.
Earlier this week, I checked the name and found that it had a price of 998$ (was 2199$ before) with a make offer option, still nothing on my dashboard.
Today when I checked the name, the price was 2299$ with a make offer option (no shortlists, it doesn't even show that it's a premium), still nothing on my dashboard.
It feels like I was robbed (paid for something but didn't get it) by Atom and I'm thinking maybe this wasn't the first time that they've done this to me or anyone else.

I wrote a post on X and tagged Atom's and Darpan's official accounts but no interaction. Apparently you must have a lot of followers for your complaint to be heard, that's why I came here.
I've been thinking of delisting my names and changing the platform, I guess now is the right time.

Anyone here experienced something similar ?

I have not. But that is why I have only bought seller owned domains so I can take ownership. I wouldn't buy a name where I wasn't "in control". I'm sorry this happened to you. Their CS is very responsive - reach back out and get a refund. Or get the name in your acct. They do respond - just push them for a faster resolution.

•••
To follow up on this. I did get a refund and was told that they no longer list Atom's registered domains at the Wholesale marketplace to avoid these issues, but apparently they still allow this. The domain in question was dropped by Atom and picked by someone else, hence the price change. Thanks to anyone who intervened in this matter.

•••
and was told that they no longer list Atom's registered domains at the Wholesale marketplace to avoid these issues
I bought a Atom registered domain there 3 days ago, and see they have a ton more listed. So, I don't get it.

•••
I bought a Atom registered domain there 3 days ago, and see they have a ton more listed. So, I don't get it.
They told me "We no longer offer Atom registered domains to be listed in Wholesale section to avoid situations like these". I replied that you still can acquire those names at Wholesale marketplace. They also added that every year they drop some names that were Atom's registered based on certain "factors". The name you acquired 3 days ago could be dropped at some point (a year, 2 years maybe more)

•••
I just logged in and looked. They have 3,253 "Registered By Squadhelp" domains listed in the Wholelsale Marketplace. So doubt it.

•••
I just logged in and looked. They have 3,253 "Registered By Squadhelp" domains listed in the Wholelsale Marketplace. So doubt it.
They just sent me this "We no longer allow adding Atom registered domains to Wholesale. This change was made several months ago. Any listings that were previously added to wholesale prior to this change have not yet been removed, which is why you may be seeing some of these domains in wholesale. Our goal is to completely phase out Atom registered domains from the wholesale marketplace to avoid any misunderstanding.".
The problem here is the communication, when they decide to drop a name they should inform the person in case he wants to keep it. Simply deleting the name from the person's dashboard without him noticing may raise some concerns.
I had to wait more than a week to get a simple response. My post here on Namepros triggered that.

•••
•••
They just sent me this "We no longer allow adding Atom registered domains to Wholesale. This change was made several months ago. Any listings that were previously added to wholesale prior to this change have not yet been removed, which is why you may be seeing some of these domains in wholesale. Our goal is to completely phase out Atom registered domains from the wholesale marketplace to avoid any misunderstanding.".
The problem here is the communication, when they decide to drop a name they should inform the person in case he wants to keep it. Simply deleting the name from the person's dashboard without him noticing may raise some concerns.
I had to wait more than a week to get a simple response. My post here on Namepros triggered that.

This all makes sense. Their CS, when pressed, finally comes up with the proper/good answers. The immediate quick ones are often lacking.

As for their new policy, it makes sense to me. Obv this was causing headaches for them. As to what you are asking for - they aren't currently equipped to handle it. They likely have hundreds, if not thousands, of names that are Atom registered and were 'sold' and they apparently aren't equipped to let the buyers know they are going to drop the names (rather than reaching out to the owners to ask if they want them pushed to their acct). Clearly a push is the right thing to do prior to a drop - but they obv aren't staffed for it - and as such decided to just nix the whole idea of allowing sales of Atom registered domains. It does suck for the buyers who were actually renters.

•••

Agencies grow by adding clients. That is possible if you actually try. There are added benefits for clients that use them. That's why they use them. There is plenty of room for offering more than a flat search box in this space.

There is also plenty of room for disrupting the bloated and inefficient consulting space itself - especially when it comes to names and domains, where "experts" don't know squat.

2. Why would no/few purchases on reagistrar syndication network have originated in marketplace exposure? I see quite a few where marketplace efforts to sell are the likely origin for conversion on registrar.

3. Why would buyers who pay thousands of dollars for a domain not attempt to follow through on the lander if nothing comes up in registration path?

4. Why for that matter would they not follow through outside of Afternic-enabled Godaddy registration path and buy it at another registrar, in which case Sedo syndication could absorb it if active?

I suspect that purchases at the registrar have a combination of causes. The ones that seem most probable are:

1: Pragmatism. Buying at the registrar seems like a shorter, safer distance from purchase to delivery since the vendor is the same. I have purchased hundreds of domains on behalf of clients and I confess that if I have to pick between a shoddy lander and an Afternic listing, I'm picking the Afternic listing. That does not mean that the client would not have followed through on the lander if the Afternic option did not exist.

2. General brand recognition. For registration path, the customer already knew where to search beforehand. They went with what they know. That does not mean that the decision leading up to the name selection did not incorporate marketplace exposure.

Aside from these main causes, the registration path is a monumental hurdle for businesses that do things right and acquire their domain early. You can't brainstorm a good name there. You need input first. Options. Which is where vendors that actually sell domains and not only harvest the customers already decided come in.

Although volatile, the startup numbers in the US, post Covid, is at an all time high development. Startups may be the biggest moneyed buyer pool. Even the ones that fail need a matching domain. They don't want to get stuck for weeks in a search box that offers no solution to name selection. They need (cost-effective) help to professionally find a name to buy in the first place, and to consider all sorts of things in the process. The requirements for rebrands and new launches from established players are similar, although they may opt for more costly alternatives such as naming consultants and trademark consultants. (Who in turn frequent the brandable marketplaces)

As to the idea that it is a lie that naming is a hard problem ("Ah, the old certain words are harder to find argument. The brandable marketplaces love that one and probably have created it.")

I think that the true snakeoil salesman is Godaddy and the registration path in general. They love the idea that domains "sell themselves" and have probably created it, with the gracious help of loyal domainers who conflate the aftermarket with Godaddy.

- This is hypothesis that I made early on when none of those platforms had outgrown their "optimal" size (for delivering the best results for sellers) and the actual performances from them have confirmed it. BB was proudly reporting the number of sales showing 3-4% STR and then stopped. BP at one point reported annual 5 or 6% STR and then stopped. Not sure if SH ever reported overall sales, but the NP threads show where it has headed from the start.

I have also had personal experience with those (and BR before being acquired by BB) and at the peak had around 750 domains with all, so could judge based on my own experience as well.

Now what the hypothesis based upon. Domains are very different from your regular products. Each domain is unique and each of those often have 1 or few unique potential end users. Identifying and targeting them with their ideal name using the traditional media is almost impossible. The "native" repeat buyers that just come to search for A name are rare. Basically, serial entrepreneurs are rare, they don't launch daily (each project might take years) and they might not choose your platform as an exclusive source.

So with the limited ad dollars, SH and others can just increase brand awareness and target the low lying fruits. Anything higher would require prohibitive costs not justified by commission. So you are lucky if you manage to get 500 to 1000 of those sales a year, but can be done, as BB, BP, BR and SH have proven.

Now if the opposite hypothesis were true, there would be no reason for SH going from almost 10% STR at its heyday to 0%-2% for most sellers just in few years. Unless you assume they suddenly became very bad in their service.

2. Why would no/few purchases on registrar syndication network have originated in marketplace exposure? I see quite a few where marketplace efforts to sell are the likely origin for conversion on registrar.

- What do you mean by marketplace exposure? The landers? That is not marketplace exposure, that is basically your own domain doing the job because someone typed it and you choose where it points. If you mean discovery via search, that is literally peanuts spread across 250k domains and factoring in that it takes 10k to 20k unique visitors for 1 sale to happen. The ad dollars? Most name will only see the retargeting spent, so again just those who already looked for your name. The rest of the money will heavily be skewed towards top 2-5% of the names simply because that is where SH would make the best return on its ad investment.

And the few sales that might genuinely come via their efforts, don't justify (at least for me) paying them extra 10%-15% commission for all sales. Basically, double my commission costs.

- If you are discussing a type of buyer that just needs that one and only domain, then, unless he feels unsecure with the platform/lander, he will follow through. But, then again, why pay SH extra %? Just use Dan/AN and pay 15% or make your own and pay 3%. If we are discussing a buyer that has shortlisted few names and checks them out on registrar path, he/she will most likely pursue just the ones that show as available with the price on the registrar path and where they will believe pricing is reasonable.

I have been part of a quite few of those brainstorming groups and sessions over the years and I often like to quietly observe unless specifically asked, just to understand how they think. It is very very counterintuitive. It often depends on very subjective views of pretty much any one involved (I don't like that name because it reminds me the name of my cat which was eaten by a coyote in my backyard). The final choice often if baffling.

So, yes, if you remove 1000 decent names from registrar path, you are most likely to lose around 0.4-0.8% of your STR (depending on the names) that is coming SOLELY due to exposure there.

Last edited:
•••
"Basically, serial entrepreneurs are rare".

Startup numbers are in a good climb. More and more have to employ a streamlined naming service, and should. It's a natural development.

The argument that it is pointless to pro-actively but passively sell on a marketplace is bizarre. It would mean that marketplaces are a scam, which seems to be what you claim.

"there would be no reason for SH going from almost 10% STR at its heyday to 0%-2% for most sellers just in few years."

Sitewide STR diminishes with the number of listings - but good buyer traffic to the marketplace can slow that effect.

The number of listings are naturally a result of a sitewide STR target that in turn is based on where the marketplace (not the sellers) achieves the best returns. So that is the reason. Not that they are not attracting buyers. Or that the number of sales they can achieve has reached a set god-given ceiling.

I do however not think that it would be sustainable for them to not provide any sales benefit at all compared to the nothingness of registration path sales.

"But, then again, why pay SH extra %?"

If the buyer found the name on a brandable marketplace and that would otherwise not have happened, why pay the registration path anything?

Naturally, even names that may eventually have found traction through independent adoption can sell through exposure to a prospective buyer. This way, not only names that don't "sell themselves" get benefits from increased exposure towards interested buyers. The ones that may eventually have sold independently do too.

"It often depends on very subjective views of pretty much any one involved (I don't like that name because it reminds me the name of my cat which was eaten by a coyote in my backyard). The final choice often if baffling."

Naming is subjective, just like pretty much anything. In the case of names, human nature is much more of a unifying force than one that creates total randomness. It's what makes domaining possible.

I sincerely do not understand why or how anyone that doubts this would choose to be a domain investor.

"- What do you mean by marketplace exposure? The landers? That is not marketplace exposure"

The site and the efforts to promote it and attract customers, and in case the lander was found through those efforts of linking buyer intent with viable inventory.

"So, yes, if you remove 1000 decent names from registrar path, you are most likely to lose around 0.4-0.8% of your STR"

I'm likely splitting 12k listings randomly down the middle to find out. It may however be unrepresentative since many of them have enjoyed a decade of marketplace exposure. Domain sales can take time, and the seed for them may very well have been a marketplace find years ago.

I see adoption that may very well have been a result of seeing the dotcom for sale at some point. I see stolen logos used on alternate extensions. Buyers looking for a name. Not only the name.

I would guess though that the marketplace batch will outperform the legacy domainer "good domains sell themselves" setup.

I also wonder why the registration path would be necessary at all in case that popular idea held true? Just get a lander in that case and pay 3% instead of 15%, or 25% in case the buyer opts for the safe route on their registrar of choice.

I would rather drop the registration path, atleast the one tied to Godaddy, but naturally only if my experiment validates that this is the better option.

•••
The argument that it is pointless to pro-actively but passively sell on a marketplace is bizarre. It would mean that marketplaces are a scam, which seems to be what you claim.

Not sure where got that from. Marketplaces provide services per their TOS. Something not making economic sense for someone doesn't make the offer scam.

E.g. if listing at Afternic and having landers there give me 2499$ - 15% at 1% STR, it makes no sense for me to use SH for $2499 - 35%, unless SH can sustainably and regularly deliver STR 1.5%.

I am one of those sellers that it did not make economic sense, hence I left. If it makes sense for you, that is awesome! Congrats and Good luck!

If you truly want the answers to your questions, you can do your own A/B test by creating 3 random baskets: a) keep as is b) remove from SH and put AN nameservers c) remove from registrar pathways and leave only SH landers. In few months, you will have the answer. I did my own experiments and have the answers I need.

•••
Not sure where got that from. Marketplaces provide services per their TOS. Something not making economic sense for someone doesn't make the offer scam.

E.g. if listing at Afternic and having landers there give me 2499$ - 15% at 1% STR, it makes no sense for me to use SH for $2499 - 35%, unless SH can sustainably and regularly deliver STR 1.5%.

I am one of those sellers that it did not make economic sense, hence I left. If it makes sense for you, that is awesome! Congrats and Good luck!

If you truly want the answers to your questions, you can do your own A/B test by creating 3 random baskets: a) keep as is b) remove from SH and put AN nameservers c) remove from registrar pathways and leave only SH landers. In few months, you will have the answer. I did my own experiments and have the answers I need.
It's a scam to claim to offer something that is not really offered. It seems to me that this is what you were saying is going on, and not only on behalf of yourself but in general.

•••
It's a scam to claim to offer something that is not really offered. It seems to me that this is what you were saying is going on, and not only on behalf of yourself but in general.

You are going in circles trying to put words in my mouth. And you are doing it in a weird obscure way. What is the "something" you are claiming I said they are offering that they are not offering?

•••

- This is hypothesis that I made early on when none of those platforms had outgrown their "optimal" size (for delivering the best results for sellers) and the actual performances from them have confirmed it. BB was proudly reporting the number of sales showing 3-4% STR and then stopped. BP at one point reported annual 5 or 6% STR and then stopped. Not sure if SH ever reported overall sales, but the NP threads show where it has headed from the start.

I have also had personal experience with those (and BR before being acquired by BB) and at the peak had around 750 domains with all, so could judge based on my own experience as well.

Now what the hypothesis based upon. Domains are very different from your regular products. Each domain is unique and each of those often have 1 or few unique potential end users. Identifying and targeting them with their ideal name using the traditional media is almost impossible. The "native" repeat buyers that just come to search for A name are rare. Basically, serial entrepreneurs are rare, they don't launch daily (each project might take years) and they might not choose your platform as an exclusive source.

So with the limited ad dollars, SH and others can just increase brand awareness and target the low lying fruits. Anything higher would require prohibitive costs not justified by commission. So you are lucky if you manage to get 500 to 1000 of those sales a year, but can be done, as BB, BP, BR and SH have proven.

Now if the opposite hypothesis were true, there would be no reason for SH going from almost 10% STR at its heyday to 0%-2% for most sellers just in few years. Unless you assume they suddenly became very bad in their service.

2. Why would no/few purchases on registrar syndication network have originated in marketplace exposure? I see quite a few where marketplace efforts to sell are the likely origin for conversion on registrar.

- What do you mean by marketplace exposure? The landers? That is not marketplace exposure, that is basically your own domain doing the job because someone typed it and you choose where it points. If you mean discovery via search, that is literally peanuts spread across 250k domains and factoring in that it takes 10k to 20k unique visitors for 1 sale to happen. The ad dollars? Most name will only see the retargeting spent, so again just those who already looked for your name. The rest of the money will heavily be skewed towards top 2-5% of the names simply because that is where SH would make the best return on its ad investment.

And the few sales that might genuinely come via their efforts, don't justify (at least for me) paying them extra 10%-15% commission for all sales. Basically, double my commission costs.

- If you are discussing a type of buyer that just needs that one and only domain, then, unless he feels unsecure with the platform/lander, he will follow through. But, then again, why pay SH extra %? Just use Dan/AN and pay 15% or make your own and pay 3%. If we are discussing a buyer that has shortlisted few names and checks them out on registrar path, he/she will most likely pursue just the ones that show as available with the price on the registrar path and where they will believe pricing is reasonable.

I have been part of a quite few of those brainstorming groups and sessions over the years and I often like to quietly observe unless specifically asked, just to understand how they think. It is very very counterintuitive. It often depends on very subjective views of pretty much any one involved (I don't like that name because it reminds me the name of my cat which was eaten by a coyote in my backyard). The final choice often if baffling.

So, yes, if you remove 1000 decent names from registrar path, you are most likely to lose around 0.4-0.8% of your STR (depending on the names) that is coming SOLELY due to exposure there.

Here is why... https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/post-9177117

I've had similar experience (albeit at BrandBucket). Name listed everywhere for a long time and no sales. Upon moving to the brandable marketplace it sells. Just like reported above. Obv you can give examples of names not selling on the brandable marketplaces too (so can I). The point is - it is extra marketing and for the incremental 15%, I'll take it.

•••
Here is why... https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/post-9177117

I've had similar experience (albeit at BrandBucket). Name listed everywhere for a long time and no sales. Upon moving to the brandable marketplace it sells. Just like reported above. Obv you can give examples of names not selling on the brandable marketplaces too (so can I). The point is - it is extra marketing and for the incremental 15%, I'll take it.

You realize that proves nothing, right? I sold 10 domains this week at Afternic after ... not moving them anywhere. So what does that prove?

Also, what I am saying is not per name basis. This is when you operate in hundreds of names and, even better in thousands and tens of thousands. What matters are increments. How many additional sales you'd get, if any, from moving 1000-10000 names to SH or BB, e.g, or from.

•••

Here is another one:

A domain sold just after 45 days from moving to my account. It was registered since 2017 continuously and never sold. By your logic, this proves that moving names to my account helps domains sell. I mean 7 years with someone else with zero sales and 45 days with me and boom!

•••
Here is another one:

A domain sold just after 45 days from moving to my account. It was registered since 2017 continuously and never sold. By your logic, this proves that moving names to my account helps domains sell. I mean 7 years with someone else with zero sales and 45 days with me and boom!

I said we can both find instances of this happening on either side. The difference between us is I'm willing to honestly say we cannot know where the lead comes from. You are suggesting you do know (which is impossible) and thus publishing names with Atom or BB is a waste of 15%. “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

I appreciate your data and understand that in some cases the name may have sold and in other cases it may have not. Thus, I am willing to pay the incremental 15% because I do not know.

•••
I would love to check out the wholesale marketplace, but I don't feel like listing domains in order to buy domains.

If a Wholesale price is set, the domain will be visible in a special Wholesale Marketplace, which is only visible to authorized wholesale buyers.

How do I become an Authorized Wholesale Buyer?

You can become an authorized wholesale buyer by having a minimum of 10 approved and live premium listings in the Atom Premium domain marketplace. (Please Note: approval is automated by our system, please allow up to 48 hours for access after the 10th approved Premium domain)

Last edited:
•••
Now that the Squadhelp to Atom.com transition has completed, overall the landers appear to be peforming well, with immediate loading and no apparent SSL issues?

If someone wants to give them a try, any current issues about the Atom.com landers, especially with the standard listings? And is everyone still generally using Afternic FT with their standard listings?

•••
I said we can both find instances of this happening on either side. The difference between us is I'm willing to honestly say we cannot know where the lead comes from. You are suggesting you do know (which is impossible) and thus publishing names with Atom or BB is a waste of 15%. “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

I appreciate your data and understand that in some cases the name may have sold and in other cases it may have not. Thus, I am willing to pay the incremental 15% because I do not know.

It is not that hard to do the scientific comparison and to know for sure. I have had enough negative experience not to bother and the last drop for me was SH's removal of my names from the "promotion" whatever that included for me not increasing my prices at Afternic above SH prices.

Also, for names 2499 and under, it is actually +20%.

You want to factually prove to public or just to yourself that SH is doing better than the bland AN/Dan landers, do the A/B test I proposed above.

AN is delivering around 1% STR for me with 35k+ names and 15% commission. I can list EVERY proper name within minutes, don't have to get approvals, wait weeks or months, pay to list, lose freedom of setting your own prices, jump through the hoops to get promos. So less administration, less time required. But, even ignoring that, SH would need to sell at 1.3% just to breakeven with that.

I highly doubt SH can deliver that, even if it were to choose top 30% of my names based on its algorithms and group of "experts".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back