Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Asp 301 redirect

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch

tgo

Established Member
Impact
7
Hi guys,

I have a page that I am currently using to serve many pages depending on the querystring.

The page is
http://famousqt.com/profile.asp?celeb=1
but its also used like this for completly different results
http://famousqt.com/profile.asp?celeb=1&select=1&page=1
http://famousqt.com/profile.asp?celeb=1&select=2&page=1

My question is should I change this to a static url, for example

http://famousqt.com/profile.asp?celeb=1
then
http://famousqt.com/photos.asp?celeb=1
http://famousqt.com/wallpapers.asp?celeb=1

I can do this with a redirect on the profile page to detect what page it should be going to and 301 redirect to the new one. Is this worth it to get the extra keywords in the url, and shorten the querystring? It may take a while to change but is it worth it in the end?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back