Dynadot

warning Arunas Zygis stole $900 USD from me

NameSilo
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account
@ZArunas is auto closed. :(
What can I do? I just made a dispute on PayPal for unauthorized transaction.
Thank you all in advance,

Robert

Details about ZArunas, ArzysArt

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
Email addresses:
  • State/Region: Kaunas
  • City: Kaunas
Real IP addresses (not proxies):
GoDaddy Account / Customer Numbers:
NameSilo Account Usernames:
  • arunasmacky
  • xarunasx
Phone Numbers:
  • +370 867480566 (real number)
  • +370 68578945
  • +370 67480566 (whois)
Domain Name: BXA.CO (Whois Record for 2017-03-30)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Organization: Zygis CO
  • Registrant Address1: Nidos 5-32
  • Registrant City: Vilnius
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus Apskritis
  • Registrant Postal Code: 06298
  • Registrant Country: Lithuania
  • Registrant Country Code: LT
  • Registrant Phone Number: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]
Domain Name: 0111.INFO (Whois Record for 2016-02-11)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Street: Jaunimo g.7
  • Registrant City: Jauniunai
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus aps.
  • Registrant Postal Code: 19008
  • Registrant Country: LT
  • Registrant Phone: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Namejet bidder who won this domain was "domainim" on 06/01/2017

•••
I hope you get your money back, some folks are wicked

•••
In case you hadn't already found it - this guy has some history here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/paypal-chargeback-scam.981401/
Some email addresses shown in the above thread.
Arunas Zygis from Lithuania - I didn't get stung by him but in answering some of his questions he piqued my scammer radar so I backed off. Another NPros member I know also just avoided getting robbed by this guy.
He owns warez.cc using of course a fake name - but there is another email address in the whois you can possibly mine - as he might have multiple Paypal accounts you could potentially help tie together - that could help Paypal make a determination in your favor

•••
As a next step, I'd suggest you to get in touch with the Moderators here at NP to understand why his account is Auto-Closed. Can something be work out from their end to get more details of this account including email address or so to get in touch with him ?

That should be the next step, yes.

@decades80 Then I recommend you to also contact the domain's registry trough the registrar abuse contact email and simply explain your case to them, tell them they should temporarily disable the domain.
I don't know how they will react but you should just do that as one of maybe more steps.
You should also contact himself through the privacy email of the domain and send him the link of this nP thread.
Every move has an effect, maybe he will wake up and regret.
Be patient and be sure that every domain thief will just bring himself into troubles at some point.

Last edited:
•••
---

Last edited:
•••
400 posts isn't 5... I thought I saw him around here and there few times

I guess you never know where scammers hide/are

unless there is such a thing as hijacking np account and using it for evil things.. especially if it auto closes...

did you check ips with mod? if original owner.. might be a thing to do after you get sorted out with your money.. either way.

as for your payment... best bet is what Larry said... file chargeback/dispute with credit card.. which I assume is what you did and this was paid by CC. pp won't help you much with gift payments.. but if you show them all proof of scam when the chargebacks reaches them.. they should help you speed up closing it.. make sure its in your favor.

keep posted.
gl

•••
Worst case scenario if can't get your money back. Try to find out who this person is.

Perhaps np servers can find the ip location of scammers. With any luck he did "work" from home.

If in USA file a police report .

Also if you can figure out who this person is you can file a lien on his business if he has one.

All of this is contingent on finding out who the scammer is.

A lien on a business ruins it's credit until all debts from the lien is satisfied.

Forget about PayPal . You circumvented their rules ( that's fine) but they help.

Also if this scammer used mobile perhaps again np can help track this person down.

Everytime anyone logs into np there has to be a record of it.

Last edited:
•••
@ZArunas was a typical scammer I believe. He did some free domain giveaways here on NP and asked for trade feedback to pump his ratings up only to build trust (I left him feedback as well but used the 'trader' option instead of 'seller'/'buyer', as did some other people who left feedback for him.). And when he finally got in sight of a bigger transaction via Paypal he just walked away with the money.

Interesting, one of his trade reviews actually says: "Thanks for freebie ." How strange the account which left it is now auto-closed as well.

Disgusting behavior, but the lesson is here for everybody to learn from. Never use Paypal for transactions this high, no matter who the seller is and how many positive reviews he/she has. Business is business.

Last edited:
•••
@namesilo how would be best way to handle this situation?
Sorry to hear bro, not likely i would send 900 to some unknown quantity violating paypal tos on a name under privacy
Need to find if he is the owner
@Eric Lyon this not good at all

•••
Even if he was the owner of the domain how do you guarantee the domain is moved to your account?, Paypal was going to help you if it wasn't a gift transaction! hope this be a lesson to you and to all of us!

I have seen some good solution in other forums they use Paypal gift transactions all the time to purchase anything but they use a verified middle man (for little commission ) to guarantee the rights of both ends. I don't know if this can be implemented here on NP.

•••
ZArunas - got burned by him for $400 Saturday - havnt heard from him since. Owes me 2 domains names. Im sure I will never see them or get my money back. Eric is already on it

•••
This domain seems to have made some rounds here

There is no update to indicate if seller was eventually paid by @ArzysArt (account auto closed) - if possible @domainler please shed more light
https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-you-help-me.998258/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/buqe-com.996154/ @domainler was selling the domain end of January

Early February the registrant was a Mike Johnson (not sure if it his real name, but have sent you the email address). Maybe you can contact him and find out if he still owns the domain or he sold it & to whom.

PrivacyGuardian.org
"
A domain referencing PrivacyGuardian's information is involved is SPAM or some illegal activity.

What role do you play and how can I report the domain?
We do our best to ensure that our service is not utilized to hide the identity of people partaking in any of these activities. To report an infringing domain, please use the "Report Abuse" form on this page and, if we determine your complaint has merit, we will release the domain owner's information to you. If you have a copyright/trademark dispute, you should direct your complaint to the respective web site host for the domain."

Contact and provide evidence to PrivacyGuardian.org via their contact form, hopefully they will provide the registrant's details.

•••
I don't know if this can be implemented here on NP.
It's possible and even happens from time to time. Just ask somebody from administration, Eric, by example. I remember I had such a situation and one moderator acted as the middle man

•••
That should be the next step, yes.

@decades80 Then I recommend you to also contact the domain's registry trough the registrar abuse contact email and simply explain your case to them, tell them they should temporarily disable the domain.
I don't know how they will react but you should just do that as one of maybe more steps.
You should also contact himself through the privacy email of the domain and send him the link of this nP thread.
Every move has an effect, maybe he will wake up and regret.
Be patient and be sure that every domain thief will just bring himself into troubles at some point.

I'm not sure if this is advisable. The domain is under privacy and I don't see how one can be certain that the scammer even owned the domain. This might put a legitimate but different domain owner into trouble or at a minimum, severe inconvenience. Imagine one of your domains was used in a scam and the victim had your domain locked. Further, this happened at a time when you were about to close a big deal (or any deal really).

•••
If any of you that were potentially defrauded in these transactions reside in the U.S. or you believe the perpetrator resides in the U.S. then this should be reported to the Internet Crimes Division of the FBI here:
https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
It's important that fraudulent activity is reported to the authorities that have the ability to do something about it, so they may try and prevent this from happening to someone else! I'm sorry to hear about this!

•••
If any of you that were potentially defrauded in these transactions reside in the U.S. or you believe the perpetrator resides in the U.S. then this should be reported to the Internet Crimes Division of the FBI here:
https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
It's important that fraudulent activity is reported to the authorities that have the ability to do something about it, so they may try and prevent this from happening to someone else! I'm sorry to hear about this!

Someone mentioned the scammer is potentially from Lithuania

•••
Also, this thread should be moved to the Warnings and alerts sub-forum

•••
upload_2017-3-29_9-32-27.png

•••
So, buqe.com sold twice :) next time even for more... Yeah, it's a success for scammer.

•••
So, buqe.com sold twice :) next time even for more... Yeah, it's a success for scammer.
Great business model. Its my fault - I don't like losing money but it didn't hurt me. I want others who cant afford to lose $400 o be more careful. Im an idiot - don't be an idiot too.

•••
Why didn't you report him after his disappearance? I think such a deal should be closed in max. 24h. If the seller doesn't respond within 24h, send a message informing him that you are contacting the admins for possible fraud.

•••
Recently one of my auction winner was Auto Closed. I sold domain to another bidder. These kind of things happen here. I think you have to contact NP Mods and Eric. As per my knowledge Auto Closed done by system when there were two accounts get open from same IP address. If that's true then fraudster still here on NP with another account.

•••
I purchased Buqe from him for $300 last week and backed out bc I felt it was a shady deal. I quickly Contacted the mods and put them in on the thread. This was Saturday. Shocked to see this post was made TODAY.

•••
I purchased Buqe from him for $300 last week and backed out bc I felt it was a shady deal. I quickly Contacted the mods and put them in on the thread. This was Saturday. Shocked to see this post was made TODAY.
I bought the same name Saturday

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back