news AOL.com bought my domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HiSmart

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Very interesting. OurOath.com , what do you think they would use it for?

•••
Yahoo and AOL are now a Verizon subsidiary called “Oath”
Jun 13, 2017

•••
That should be a good deal

•••
•••
•••
•••
This doesn't belong in the domain industry News section. They have section on the forum to report domain sales.

Congrats on the sale but if you're not going to provide any detail it's not NEWS!

•••
•••
•••
•••
The price is the same as a woman's age, it is a secret . LOL :xf.laugh:

well.. maybe you just got nda with buyer.. and have funny way of saying it

if not, then check namebio.com to see how much of a "secret" domain sale prices generally are in this industry (not).

•••
Nothing against your name but I promised myself I'd be done with Yahoo the 2nd they rebranded to Oath. What a downgrade 😂😂😂 This name change was supposed to take effect sometime in the summer so they are behind schedule. People ridiculed the name so much on social media I thought maybe they changed their mind. 😳

•••
So, you got the domain from someone in NP?
I saw your posting about domain req with our/my/you with $2000 budget..

•••
So, you got the domain from someone in NP?
I saw your posting about domain req with our/my/you with $2000 budget..

good memory there mate

but I don't think this bud is much into "sharing information" with rest of the group hehehhehe

im outta here

cheers

•••
good memory there mate

but I don't think this bud is much into "sharing information" with rest of the group hehehhehe

im outta here

cheers

And you see OP just started another this "not into sharing information" thread in "Domain Sales".
With the same lack of info.
I am outta here too.. :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
Nothing against your name but I promised myself I'd be done with Yahoo the 2nd they rebranded to Oath. What a downgrade 😂😂😂 This name change was supposed to take effect sometime in the summer so they are behind schedule. People ridiculed the name so much on social media I thought maybe they changed their mind. 😳
:xf.laugh:

•••
•••
It's one thing to post general information and make it clear that you cannot divulge the domain name or price, and another to post repeated threads like this that aren't let's face it, helpful to anyone, and make us wonder if they are even entirely accurate.

Doesn't really make sense on a completed sale that you would be free to disclose (and able, as in aware of) who bought the domain but not the price. I'd think that if AOL put it out there that they were the buyer they'd bind you not to disclose their name or payment price, or not bind you to any secrecy at all.

Last edited:
•••
This doesn't make any sense and add no value to the info we have here.. No need posting this mate if you are not really gonna post it (details).

I am out of here

•••
oh.. congrats for the sale!
how much...how much...?
please....... :xf.rolleyes::xf.frown:

•••
Moving beyond the topic of the OP's apparent netiquette breach -- there is an interesting topic here.

Yahoo will become "OATH"?

Seriously? Allow me to quote Yahoo News on that:

"Whatever "Oath" ends up being (to me, it sounds like a band that might have opened for Creed), it's hard to believe that Verizon would purchase Yahoo and then immediately dispose of the brand."
Link

•••
•••
Moving beyond the topic of the OP's apparent netiquette breach -- there is an interesting topic here.

Yahoo will become "OATH"?

Seriously? Allow me to quote Yahoo News on that:

"Whatever "Oath" ends up being (to me, it sounds like a band that might have opened for Creed), it's hard to believe that Verizon would purchase Yahoo and then immediately dispose of the brand."
Link

Yahoo are now sharing users data against users wishes too but you can close your original account but many don't want to and don't see the need to close their email account just because yahoo's new owners want to share their new company's previous users details and data

This decision will make Google billions by people closing their yahoo accounts and opening Gmail accounts

•••
Back