news AOL.com bought my domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HiSmart

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
But yahoo does make me laugh

Allegedly yahoo turned down the opportunity to buy Google for approx $1bn in Google's very early days because allegedly Google wasn't worth it - result for Internet users globally which allowed to be what it is today

2 yahoo turning down bill gates huge offer at the time to buy yahoo

3 sharing users data without there concent by giving yahoo users effectively an ultimatum eg we are going to share your user data - and basically if you dont like the fact they have decided to share yahoo customer data the alternative is close their yahoo mail account?

If only I was that clever eg how to annoy customers instantly

•••
•••
Yahoo rebranded to altaba after being acquired by verizon (im suprissed that altaba*company.c0m is still available)

AOL rebranded to oath after being acquired by verizon.

Lots of companies sell their users data that's nothing new (it's awful move, it only shows they don't care or respect their users).

in 2012 AOL (oath) basiclly sold their users to Microsoft for $1 billion.

Now yahoo (altaba) is trying to do the same.

Check out this article

http://www.iam-media.com/blog/detail.aspx?g=4fe5b6a0-d071-4b3b-b859-d7728e49be86

Verizon is trying to compete with the big boys like google.

On a different note i just learn Verizon owns my phone service provider Vodafone :ROFL:

Congrats on the sale.

•••
He probably doesn't want to discuss how much he sold it for because he undersold it a lot and is probably embarrassed

•••
He probably doesn't want to discuss how much he sold it for because he undersold it a lot and is probably embarrassed

Nobody is going to make fun of him. I think this kind of information is really valuable.

•••
not sure how much AOL is paying their marketing and branding consultants, but i would want my money back for suggesting a name change to Oath, wtf

•••
Well - thank you.

Now I know that some of my domains could be sold for $ [... not gonna tell you] to [... not gonna tell this either].

•••
Interesting, but I'm wondering why hide the amount it sold for?:xf.grin:(y):stinkyfeet::cigar:

•••
Last edited:
•••
Nobody is going to make fun of him. I think this kind of information is really valuable.

With all due respect, what information?

•••
But yahoo does make me laugh

Allegedly yahoo turned down the opportunity to buy Google for approx $1bn in Google's very early days because allegedly Google wasn't worth it - result for Internet users globally which allowed to be what it is today

2 yahoo turning down bill gates huge offer at the time to buy yahoo

3 sharing users data without there concent by giving yahoo users effectively an ultimatum eg we are going to share your user data - and basically if you dont like the fact they have decided to share yahoo customer data the alternative is close their yahoo mail account?

If only I was that clever eg how to annoy customers instantly
What about their deal with Bing ads and Bing search?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congratulations! That is awesome! Did they find it on this forum?

•••
•••
I can't believe people would be so rude as to ask how much they paid for it! If you didn't mention it, a person should read between the lines and realize you don't want to share that information.

•••
•••
What about their deal with Bing ads and Bing search?

Didn't know about that but bing and yahoo can't compete with Google

Google has something that is freely available to anyone and it's this that no one can buy and very few have which makes Google very difficult to compete with

And its this thing that Google has that is free to anyone that makes it so difficult for anyone else to compete with Google now more than ever and it will only get even more difficult to compete with Google but initially because of this one thing but as Google continues to make serious $$$''s money now comes in to it but it didn't originally but soon it will be impossible to compete with Google

So what does Google have that Microsoft yahoo doesn't etc

Mindset

Google be good make life simple easier and free mindset

Example?

The world's biggest search engine has such a refreshing plain page not cluttered with ads and old news etc no one wants to see all that rubbish they are usually thinking what to type in to search so need to gain their thoughts not be distracted etc etc etc

Facebook have a similar mindset but Google are way out in front and with no competition

•••
If I am the moderator, I will banned this kind of thread! :xf.smile: why ? well, because I hate mystery! btw I love horror! :xf.grin:

•••
Didn't know about that but bing and yahoo can't compete with Google

Google has something that is freely available to anyone and it's this that no one can buy and very few have which makes Google very difficult to compete with

And its this thing that Google has that is free to anyone that makes it so difficult for anyone else to compete with Google now more than ever and it will only get even more difficult to compete with Google but initially because of this one thing but as Google continues to make serious $$$''s money now comes in to it but it didn't originally but soon it will be impossible to compete with Google

So what does Google have that Microsoft yahoo doesn't etc

Mindset

Google be good make life simple easier and free mindset

Example?

The world's biggest search engine has such a refreshing plain page not cluttered with ads and old news etc no one wants to see all that rubbish they are usually thinking what to type in to search so need to gain their thoughts not be distracted etc etc etc

Facebook have a similar mindset but Google are way out in front and with no competition

I remember when I was a member of the old YPN program, and set up a blog called YPNYahoo.com (the official link was ypn.yahoo.com) to discuss the program. Yahoo's lawyers called and ended up buying the domain. Then when the program ended, they send me a check for a whopping $0.00 dollars. I kept it for a long time and shared a picture on facebook.

•••
I remember when I was a member of the old YPN program, and set up a blog called YPNYahoo.com (the official link was ypn.yahoo.com) to discuss the program. Yahoo's lawyers called and ended up buying the domain. Then when the program ended, they send me a check for a whopping $0.00 dollars. I kept it for a long time and shared a picture on facebook.

That's the best motivation

I'd frame that because it would motivate me and when it didn't motivate me it would make me smile

A domain name I let go that was subsequently bought by lawyers motivates me

They bought it but I bought it first lol

That domain name I used to own still teaches me lessons now

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back