IT.COM

.tv Announcment: The 2007 .TV PrimeTime Auction!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
well folks- we are ready to start rolling ou the PrimeTime Auction!

the website is here:
http://www.auctionsite.tv

the auction dates are: 8/6 - 8/10

there will be a live chat auction each day so we are not trying to sell off 300 names in one sitting-

depending on the amount of names submitted, we will have a silent auction going on in the backround all week- this is if there is an enormous amount of names-

what names will go in the live auction? well, there is a small committee who will go over all the names and have to make that decision. and it will be based on some simple guidlines. but if there is just enough names for 5 days of live auction, there will be no silent auction-

how much will this cost? there will be an entry fee- there will NOT be a percent taken from sales :) the entry fee will cover several things- it is not free to do one of these things- there is hosting, advertising, etc.. the business associated with running the site- that is what your fee goes to. if you do get a sale, it is all yours :) the entry fee is $10.00 per 10 domains.
to keep things easy is is just done in those blocks- so 10 domains would be 10.00- 14 domains would be 20.00. 19 domains would be 20.00, 26 domains would be 30.00- get it?

will i sell my domains? well, if i could predict that, i would be pretty dang rich. we are going to do everything we can to get the word out about the auction- and, since this is such a tigh-knit group, i am really hoping those involved will also help in promoting the auction- is there a chance no one will come? yes- there is. is there a chance this will be successful? yes- there is :)

if you have any questions please post them in this thread and they will be answered in the thread-

now, some reality talk... this is an auction. even tho people may come knowing the prices "can" shoot thru the roof, if the place is filled with high dollar reserves for medium quality names, you might not pull the bids- i just want you to keep that in mind- at auction you only put in names with a reserve set at the absolute lowset you will take- and be happy with that if it sells for that- but if you submit something like ILoveJersy.tv with a $1000 reserve, well we may not even put that live.
i am NOT saying go low, I am just saying that is how an auction goes- so keep this in mind when choosing your domains and you reserves- i am going to do a mix- some excellent, and some good, with the good names having very low reserves, to get people bidding on my names-

now, i have to get dinner on for the kids- i will be back tonight with more details- so start goin thru your portfolios!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where do we submit our domains? Sorry if this has already been brought up.

•••
Send smashfactory a pm and read the 1st page of this thread

•••
awwww crap! am doing too much at once- will fix tonight and add a few more i am almost finished with- sorry! (what was i thinkin?????)

•••
banners fixed! two more up- ok i am not gonna make any more banners- there are 4- if anyone else has one they made you can email it to me and i will put it on the site

•••
smashfactory said:
dont know if i said hello already, but welcome syrup!

Thanks Smash. I'm new to domaining, and I'm learning a lot from you guys.

The banners are ok now.

Just an observation on the website though from a usability point of view. On the info.shtml page you have the link 'Auction Details' at the bottom of the page. I'm viewing the site on a large (19") monitor and the link is not visible without scrolling down (everything else is, its just the bottom line missing). Would be better higher up so that it is viewable as soon as the page appears.

It would also help if the font for 'Auction Details' was a bit sexier like some of the other text, perhaps just make it bold.

Hope this helps.

•••
hmmm that is weird- let me check it- i see it all fine in one shot so i didnt know there was a problem- will check tonight- thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Syrup, what is your resolution. I have access to multiple 19's. 2 22's and a 20" and don't see a problem. My minimum resolution is 1024.

•••
Showbiz said:
Syrup, what is your resolution. I have access to multiple 19's. 2 22's and a 20" and don't see a problem. My minimum resolution is 1024.

My resolution is set to 1280 by 1024. I'm using IE6 and don't have many toolbars showing. If I get rid of the Status bar at the bottom plus a toolbar at the top it does then show! This is strange.

•••
Hmm....

How about a screen shot?

(Oh my god, I am having a flashback to my helpdesk days)

•••
Showbiz said:
How about a screen shot?

Have attached a screenshot in a Word doc, hopefully it will work and be attached ok!!

•••
hmmmmm- i see it fine no matter how i look at it- maybe just too many toolbars? i have just two-

other news- heard back from dnjournal- ron will post it on the 23rd, when the names are in view- yipee!!!!!

•••
Hey all,

Just stumbled on this thread. (OK, I don't frequent the .tv forums as much as I once did, or probably should ...)

Too late to submit names?

If so, I'll just try to hear about the next auction sooner!

Thanks,
Dave

•••
smash, you should set-up a newsletter sign up where people that are interested can sign up and get reports and reminders. This way you can build a list for the next one.

•••
hey dave-
go ahead and submit the names-

newsletter idea is a good one! for the moment tho, if your subscribed to this thread, you are getting every update- it all goes here

•••
hey all!
ok, after tonight now, no more names please for this auction- the deadline was actually over a week ago :) i am just a sucker-

also, i am in the middle of setting up the pages with the names- IF you sent me names, and never got payment info from me for you to pay- EMAIL ME-
i am only human, and a tired one at that-

•••
Dottie, do you have the final press release available for us to post on our sites?

•••
smashfactory said:
hey all!
ok, after tonight now, no more names please for this auction- the deadline was actually over a week ago :) i am just a sucker-

also, i am in the middle of setting up the pages with the names- IF you sent me names, and never got payment info from me for you to pay- EMAIL ME-
i am only human, and a tired one at that-

HI,

I didnt get the Payment Info. I have sent a PM with the details.

•••
Smash, I submitted a list of 10 to you and they were all accepted, but I may now need to remove 2 of them. Whats the latest date you need absolute confirmation whether in or out?

Apologies if this causes any problems.

•••
Hi,
I sent a list of 30 which I am not sure if they were accepted. If so, I also still need to send payment.
Thank you for your time and effort.
kiwi

•••
showbiz- i got you

syrup-
well, the earlier the better- but no later than the 23rd when the names will be public

kiwi and vic- you will hear from me in a few minutes- thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Well....

I'm in! sent my names for approval. Made payment. Changing sig. and crossing fingers. :talk:

Looking forward to seeing how we Doooz .....

namenut :p

•••
smashfactory said:
syrup-
well, the earlier the better- but no later than the 23rd when the names will be public
Smash - have sent you an email, confirming that I need to remove 2 domains from your auction (sorry about this). The other 8 are still in, and looking forward to the auction.

Cheers.

•••
Wow... just found out about this. LOL!!!!

Boy did I come late to the party!

Sounds like fun :D

GoPC

•••
ok ya'll-

if you make your way to auctionsite.tv- most of the names are up - i have some tweaking to do- a few sellers to add yet- am working on that today and tonight- list should be complete by tomorrow, if no one else sends me any changes- but that page will change a bunch of times as i add stuff over the next 24- but, there is a ton of names there now :)

gonna have a ton to go thru for auction!

•••
Great. Let me know if you need my help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back