Dynadot

.tv Announcment: The 2007 .TV PrimeTime Auction!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
well folks- we are ready to start rolling ou the PrimeTime Auction!

the website is here:
http://www.auctionsite.tv

the auction dates are: 8/6 - 8/10

there will be a live chat auction each day so we are not trying to sell off 300 names in one sitting-

depending on the amount of names submitted, we will have a silent auction going on in the backround all week- this is if there is an enormous amount of names-

what names will go in the live auction? well, there is a small committee who will go over all the names and have to make that decision. and it will be based on some simple guidlines. but if there is just enough names for 5 days of live auction, there will be no silent auction-

how much will this cost? there will be an entry fee- there will NOT be a percent taken from sales :) the entry fee will cover several things- it is not free to do one of these things- there is hosting, advertising, etc.. the business associated with running the site- that is what your fee goes to. if you do get a sale, it is all yours :) the entry fee is $10.00 per 10 domains.
to keep things easy is is just done in those blocks- so 10 domains would be 10.00- 14 domains would be 20.00. 19 domains would be 20.00, 26 domains would be 30.00- get it?

will i sell my domains? well, if i could predict that, i would be pretty dang rich. we are going to do everything we can to get the word out about the auction- and, since this is such a tigh-knit group, i am really hoping those involved will also help in promoting the auction- is there a chance no one will come? yes- there is. is there a chance this will be successful? yes- there is :)

if you have any questions please post them in this thread and they will be answered in the thread-

now, some reality talk... this is an auction. even tho people may come knowing the prices "can" shoot thru the roof, if the place is filled with high dollar reserves for medium quality names, you might not pull the bids- i just want you to keep that in mind- at auction you only put in names with a reserve set at the absolute lowset you will take- and be happy with that if it sells for that- but if you submit something like ILoveJersy.tv with a $1000 reserve, well we may not even put that live.
i am NOT saying go low, I am just saying that is how an auction goes- so keep this in mind when choosing your domains and you reserves- i am going to do a mix- some excellent, and some good, with the good names having very low reserves, to get people bidding on my names-

now, i have to get dinner on for the kids- i will be back tonight with more details- so start goin thru your portfolios!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
namenut said:
I'm in today's auction and am holding what I hope is one or two of the "handful of beauties" in the auction. I'm a bit torn in my feelings on the turn out. It could mean they are waiting for Friday (today)...

Here's to hoping that some of the unseen registered members (buyers) are waiting for one of mine :] Many thanks again to Dottie, Ray and EQ ....

namenut

"OnlineEducation.tv" rules. That puppy is a great name!

•••
does anyone know which if any names sold on Friday?

•••
Thanks to Dottie and equity78 for the .TV auction.
Maybe results has been low compared to your work and dedication but at least you make it happen.
That's already great.
And I am sure next time it will be better!

•••
Hi- not sure who I should speak to- I bought viralvids.tv during the auction and your rules said to not speak in the chat other than to bid so after the auctioneer post "SOLD" to me I just closed out the window. I assumed you would contact me with the information I supplied during the registration process with the sellers details to make the payment but have not heard anything and to look up .tv through whois does not work so not sure how to proceed. Not sure who to speak to about it, can you please help?

BTW- *fantastic* idea! Very creative and forward thinking. I really liked participating from what I saw. I only signed up to get that 1 domain so I did not stick around to watch more but from what I saw it was awesome and I think as the word gets around they will become more and more popular. Kudos to you guys. I will reccomend any future auctions you put on definitely! Do you have any plans to do this with .com's or other TLD's?

•••
elitedomains said:
Hi- not sure who I should speak to- I bought viralvids.tv during the auction and your rules said to not speak in the chat other than to bid so after the auctioneer post "SOLD" to me I just closed out the window. I assumed you would contact me with the information I supplied during the registration process with the sellers details to make the payment but have not heard anything and to look up .tv through whois does not work so not sure how to proceed. Not sure who to speak to about it, can you please help?

BTW- *fantastic* idea! Very creative and forward thinking. I really liked participating from what I saw. I only signed up to get that 1 domain so I did not stick around to watch more but from what I saw it was awesome and I think as the word gets around they will become more and more popular. Kudos to you guys. I will reccomend any future auctions you put on definitely! Do you have any plans to do this with .com's or other TLD's?

Hi,
Whois appears to work from here, try this link,hope this helps

http://www.enom.tv/domains/WHois.asp?DomainName=viralvids.tv&submit=SEARCH+WHOIS

•••
viralvids.tv - that domain is rogors- his user name is Rogor- not sure about other auctions of other tlds and such- that is up to equity what he wants to further do with auctionsite- thanks!

thanks cybertonic- it will only get better- and thanks so much for the banners- it was very very cool seeing it at the top of both forums!

•••
Elitedomains, If you go to www.auctionsite.tv and click on the "names' tab you will see the names that were in the auction. Scroll down to Friday and then click on the "Seller" of that domain. This will bring up an email page so you can contact them. It is possible that the seller in this case does not know you bought the domain as it is not indicated that it was sold in the listing.

•••
my fault- i gotta update fri with the sales!

•••
elitedomains said:

Hi elite, Here I am, sorry about the confusion. I had to go on the road on Sat. and I just finished up today. I didn't have time to do any followup on the auction. I will PM you with the info. Also thanks to all the winners for quick contact and payment. Sorry I wasn't around the last few days to respond. I appreciate your patience. All the names have been pushed and should in your accounts. One last thanks to EQ and Dottie, then no more till the next time.
R

•••
smashfactory said:
my fault- i gotta update fri with the sales!

Curious when this is going up, I may want to make a few offers, but i don't know which ones sold.

•••
edit

Last edited:
•••
Rogor said:
Searching- here are the ones from my list that sold on Friday-
GolfBag.tv

GolfBags.tv

TheFashionChannel
TheGreenChannel

OlympicsChannel.tv
TheOlympicsChannel.tv
OlympicChannel.tv

TheDartsChannel.tv
DartsChannel.tv

BowlingChannel.tv
TheBowlingChannel.tv

HockeyChannel.tv
TheHockeyChannel.tv

Keyboards.tv

ViralVids.tv
All have been paid for and pushed except ViralVids, but the winner has asked for payment instructions, so I'm assuming that it will complete.
I don't remember if any others sold, I'll check the auction log to see.

figures the ones I wanted were sold! :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back