NameSilo

.tv Announcment: The 2007 .TV PrimeTime Auction!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
well folks- we are ready to start rolling ou the PrimeTime Auction!

the website is here:
http://www.auctionsite.tv

the auction dates are: 8/6 - 8/10

there will be a live chat auction each day so we are not trying to sell off 300 names in one sitting-

depending on the amount of names submitted, we will have a silent auction going on in the backround all week- this is if there is an enormous amount of names-

what names will go in the live auction? well, there is a small committee who will go over all the names and have to make that decision. and it will be based on some simple guidlines. but if there is just enough names for 5 days of live auction, there will be no silent auction-

how much will this cost? there will be an entry fee- there will NOT be a percent taken from sales :) the entry fee will cover several things- it is not free to do one of these things- there is hosting, advertising, etc.. the business associated with running the site- that is what your fee goes to. if you do get a sale, it is all yours :) the entry fee is $10.00 per 10 domains.
to keep things easy is is just done in those blocks- so 10 domains would be 10.00- 14 domains would be 20.00. 19 domains would be 20.00, 26 domains would be 30.00- get it?

will i sell my domains? well, if i could predict that, i would be pretty dang rich. we are going to do everything we can to get the word out about the auction- and, since this is such a tigh-knit group, i am really hoping those involved will also help in promoting the auction- is there a chance no one will come? yes- there is. is there a chance this will be successful? yes- there is :)

if you have any questions please post them in this thread and they will be answered in the thread-

now, some reality talk... this is an auction. even tho people may come knowing the prices "can" shoot thru the roof, if the place is filled with high dollar reserves for medium quality names, you might not pull the bids- i just want you to keep that in mind- at auction you only put in names with a reserve set at the absolute lowset you will take- and be happy with that if it sells for that- but if you submit something like ILoveJersy.tv with a $1000 reserve, well we may not even put that live.
i am NOT saying go low, I am just saying that is how an auction goes- so keep this in mind when choosing your domains and you reserves- i am going to do a mix- some excellent, and some good, with the good names having very low reserves, to get people bidding on my names-

now, i have to get dinner on for the kids- i will be back tonight with more details- so start goin thru your portfolios!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where is this live auction being held? Is it Virtual or in association with a Trade Show?
it will be held on auctionsite, a live chat just like we do on namepros- we are dividing up the names across 5 days so as to not have a the worlds forst 34 hour live online auction- themes if you will, based on what names are submitted-

If it is virtual, does that mean it will be a chatroom on NamePros? Can it handle 300 + people?
i can check on chatroom capacity

What is the times of the auctions? days is a long time. How will a buyer know when the name he wants is going up for auction? He has to sit for all 4 days and wait? It is in all of our best interests to make this buyer happy. There should be a way for buyers to submit a bid before the auction starts.
i believe they start at 2pm- all names beng auctioned will be listed prior to auction- in reality, 4 days to wait is no different than everyone waiting all this time for traffic or domainfest- i am sure we will not lose a buyer if they see a name they must have coming up on thursday- let me talk to equity about prebidding-

I mean the market is changing fast and although I may set a reserve for $1000 for Pranks.tv now, by the beginning of August I may feel that is too low and want to change it to $2000.00

i think it would be best, easiest, and with the least chance of problems, if we keep the names as they were submitted

•••
Submitted a partial list, thanks and waiting to see how many are approved by the council.

•••
thank you! we are getting some nice submissions! now first, so ya'll know- i leave tomorrow to go camping till sunday- so altho i will have puter access, my husband will killme if i am on- so after noon tomorrow you wont hear from me till sun. afternoon-
second-
just emailed with ron jackson from dnjounal- he will put our press release (once i write it) on dnjournal in the lowdown area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is a very popular area!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to ron!

•••
smashmagik :D

i ll add some in one week or so

•••
I love the site BTW, it really does look clean :) the write up is great to and I love that globe jpeg with the laptops around it.. small things........................ :)

I will try an organise my "portfolio" lol, I forget what names I have sometimes as my organisation is terrible. :lol:

well done SF and thanks equity for understanding re paying - How many times do I have translate things and send to paypal, typical giant of a business that... blah blah.
ok cheers

•••
Of course, we can all put a link on the 'Also Visit' section of our ME.Tv sites too.

Just a thought.

•••
this is a great idea amazed! i have a ton of places to submit this starting monday- and the article on dn journal will be awesome-

yes, people will know :)

•••
This is great stuff.. the site looks really impressive..

We are also putting together a list for submission. Will we have a "blurb" to go with the auction listing (similar to what we have available at the NP Live Auctions) ?

We will wait for your response before submitting.

Thanks,

ST Domains

Last edited:
•••
Very nice job setting up the site, I'll be submitting names as well.

I would however recommend getting rid of the goofy Borat, Ron Burgundy, .WS looking guys on the "more info" page. That is not a very professional representation of what you are trying to achieve, nor is it apealing when targeting high dollar buyers... IMO.

•••
STDomains said:
This is great stuff.. the site looks really impressive..

We are also putting together a list for submission. Will we have a "blurb" to go with the auction listing (similar to what we have available at the NP Live Auctions) ?

We will wait for your response before submitting.

Thanks,

ST Domains

i think that is a grand idea- information always helps a sale! you can have a small blurb for each name, and the info will be with the name on the page that shows what names are being auctioned on what days- this way they know ahead of time about the name- but please keep it brief!

i hope to have up by the end of the week another page on the site with all the details for sellers and buyers- names are still being accepted!

•••
I just wish to congratulate you Smash for your ideas, positive energy, entreprise spirit and great management, and I think DemandMedia should pay TRIBUTE for what you do here. I bow before you.
:)

•••
Are there any sponsorship or reciprocal link opportunities?

I know you were going to get back to me smush, but I can blast the entire HotNames.tv/FreeNameExchange.com email database about the auction.

•••
argos- thank you dearest :) its a group effort- i know we can make .tv sing!!! you have some mighty nice names there- gonna submit a few?

kevin- will have an answer by tonight buddy!

also- there was a question posed to me, and it will go on the upcoming info page-
Q- can i still sell the names i submitted?
A- yes, up until the names are posted 2 weeks before the auction- again, we are trying to keep this simple- if you sell a name you submitted before we post the names, just let me know and we will remove it- but: once we post the names, please please lock in- the names people will see, they will be coming to the auction for those names, and we do not want to pull any after that point- fair?

more info coming tonight-

•••
smashfactory said:
Q- can i still sell the names i submitted?
A- yes, up until the names are posted 2 weeks before the auction- again, we are trying to keep this simple- if you sell a name you submitted before we post the names, just let me know and we will remove it- but: once we post the names, please please lock in- the names people will see, they will be coming to the auction for those names, and we do not want to pull any after that point- fair?

To further add to your point, if someone sees your name on that list and approaches you with an offer, then chances are he/she knows that your name has value to more than just him/her. By keeping your name and letting it go in the auction, you can feel good that it will go to the highest bidder. After all, if the person that approaches you is willing to make you an offer, aren't they willing to bid on your name in an auction? If they bid on your name and nobody else does, or they are the high bidder, then they get the name. If someone outbids that person, they you end up with more money in your pocket.

Some buyers know more than others and value names differently. The auction is a great place for you to pickup maximum value if someone is chasing your name!

Last edited:
•••
smashfactory said:
i think that is a grand idea- information always helps a sale! you can have a small blurb for each name, and the info will be with the name on the page that shows what names are being auctioned on what days- this way they know ahead of time about the name- but please keep it brief!

i hope to have up by the end of the week another page on the site with all the details for sellers and buyers- names are still being accepted!

Great. We will submit names this weekend.

Thanks,

ST Domains

•••
HotNames.tv said:
To further add to your point, if someone sees your name on that list and approaches you with an offer, then chances are he/she knows that your name has value to more than just him/her. By keeping your name and letting it go in the auction, you can feel good that it will go to the highest bidder. After all, if the person that approaches you is willing to make you an offer, aren't they willing to bid on your name in an auction? If they bid on your name and nobody else does, or they are the high bidder, then they get the name. If someone outbids that person, they you end up with more money in your pocket.

Some buyers know more than others and value names differently. The auction is a great place for you to pickup maximum value!

Cool. I'll submit some names. Is there a submission deadline?

•••
the submission deadline is not until july 9th- the names in the auction will be made live to view july 23rd-

and please remember. if there is a premium renewal, please note that in your submission! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Hi, is it OK to submit with no reserve?

•••
I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply to all these thread lately, Ive been REAL busy.

First off this auction and site looks really great, thank you for mentioning www.portlandmaine.tv on the front page, that was real cool.

I have a few names im thinking about submitting, way to go!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Smash, sent ya an email with several names. Around 7 or so.

thanks!

•••
smashfactory said:
Thanks Smash. Roughly, how many submissions would you like from each person?
Rogor

•••
rogor- i have gotten one to over 20+ names, so you can submit however many you like :)

i have a few blocks to get up on my list, and it will start going thru the review process this week, and ya'll will be contacted one way or another by the end of next week!
this will be for this first batch of names we have in already- gonna be a HOT auction!

•••
ok - a little side note here-
lots of good names coming in- everybody is gonna have something in there :)

but- and its really important you understand this- we will be selling them as you listed them- and some have some really high reserves- this is an auction- so i hope you all realize that you may not see sales-

some of you did a nice mix, a few high reserves, but low ones too- those have a better chance of seeing some action-

i am not telling you how to list them- but i look at some of these and i think that some feel they are holding the all time golden ticket- .com could pull some of these numbers but, well- we will see.

i just want to give fair warning- i am workin my butt of and i do not want anyone "expecting" a sure sale- with some of these reserves, we can hope some real deep pockets show up-

so just know- these were your numbers, and if no one bites- well that might be a good indicater that people are not ready to pay those kinds of prices for yout tv yet-

ok, just wanted to say that

•••
smash do i need a login/pass to access auctionsite.tv?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back