Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

djum

Top Member
Impact
English Premium letters = A B C D E F G H L M N O P R S T

We were tracking them here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/premium-llll-net-countdown-2015.882216/

Last 5020 got registered just in one day.
Most takers were from China, but some from around the world too.
More than 10 000 LLLL.net were registered today total
Will provide update with exact number and list of names registered today in few hours.
Good chance now that all LLLL.net will follow the case, since Chinese were buying many domains that included vowels and letter V.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys., I have no hate!! its not hate. I really want that you donΒ΄t make the mistakes I have made in past. I say it do you once again, stay with .com. donΒ΄t buy the others!

•••
•••
You are much better off using reputable well-known site like namebio or dnjournal for recorded sales, domainers have been using these sites for years, you have to provide proof before the report the sales

All the above $100 sales are reported from namejet, Godaddy, Flippa and Sedo

I'm sorry but this is simply not true. I'm not sure if you're just misinformed or trying to mislead members here?

•••
Guys., I have no hate!! its not hate. I really want that you donΒ΄t make the mistakes I have made in past. I say it do you once again, stay with .com. donΒ΄t buy the others!

@domeen

Same question to you then.. How much did you invest on .coms that you give advice to people to buy .com?

•••
He said in the other thread today, that just unloaded last LLLL.coms, I think it was Chinese.
And invested all in 2003, so took profit an ran away :)
Usually for people who invested early when a lot of good names were available it's hard to buy what was considered junk when they invested.
It's like buying stock at different price levels, need to adjust psychologically.

•••
On the other hand, for investing on .com is little late, train is already gone for .com..

Minimum price of .com 10 times more than 6 months ago.. and it's much more risky to buy 200$ .com than buying 3-4$ .net with promotion. So any person who has investor mind can see this details easily..

People don't need advice from anybody they have their own judgement... I believe giving such advice like "Don't buy this and that" should have some reason..

•••
You are much better off using reputable well-known site like namebio or dnjournal for recorded sales, domainers have been using these sites for years, you have to provide proof before the report the sales

All the above $100 sales are reported from namejet, Godaddy, Flippa and Sedo

I'm sorry but this is simply not true. I'm not sure if you're just misinformed or trying to mislead members here?

Please rpanella, enlighten us all then

The only part here that I just haven't expanded on is at DNJ, you have to provide proof and namebio you dont and its a sales reporting platform, but if you look after my post, this was clarified so no need to to do it again, just read the whole thread

So let me know how I am misinformed and how members are being mislead ;)

My main concern which .net is also that you wont be flipping a lot to companies but to chinese investors, you profit margins wont be as big by doing this. Im just playing devils advocate here and giving my advice, by no means am I saying you wont be able to make a profit, but the bubble on these types of threads does burst and just make sure you have flipped your names when it does, good luck all

Last edited:
•••
Please rpanella, enlighten us all then

The only part here that I just haven't expanded on is at DNJ, you have to provide proof and namebio you dont and its a sales reporting platform, but if you look after my post, this was clarified so no need to to do it again, just read the whole thread

So let me know how I am misinformed and how members are being mislead ;)

My main concern which .net is also that you wont be flipping a lot to companies but to chinese investors, you profit margins wont be as big by doing this. Im just playing devils advocate here and giving my advice, by no means am I saying you wont be able to make a profit, but the bubble on these types of threads does burst and just make sure you have flipped your names when it does, good luck all

You told people to only trust Namebio sales data because they only post transactions that were verified with proof of sale. Like LLLLSales.com, they post Godaddy auction prices the same day they close. If they have a time machine to look into the future and see that none of them will be renewed or have non-paying bidders they could be doing a lot more than posting domain sales. The guys who run that site have never claimed to verify all sales, so I'm curious what your motivation is for spreading misinformation?

•••
On the other hand, for investing on .com is little late, train is already gone for .com..

Minimum price of .com 10 times more than 6 months ago.. and it's much more risky to buy 200$ .com than buying 3-4$ .net with promotion. So any person who has investor mind can see this details easily..

People don't need advice from anybody they have their own judgement... I believe giving such advice like "Don't buy this and that" should have some reason..

if someone would have said "that I register random shitty letter 4 letter .nets and I call it investment" to me a year ago I would have called him an idiot. Plain and simple.
maybe today I would not be that harsh, and say, something like good for you men, good for you

•••
You told people to only trust Namebio sales data because they only post transactions that were verified with proof of sale. Like LLLLSales.com, they post Godaddy auction prices the same day they close. If they have a time machine to look into the future and see that none of them will be renewed or have non-paying bidders they could be doing a lot more than posting domain sales. The guys who run that site have never claimed to verify all sales, so I'm curious what your motivation is for spreading misinformation?

It was clarified directly under my post, just use DNJ then, if you really have an issue with namebio, at least 99% are actual sales on DNJ

Seriously rpanella...is this what you are concerned about, just follow your gut instinct then ;)

•••
if someone would have said "that I register random sh*tty letter 4 letter .nets and I call it investment" to me a year ago I would have called him an idiot. Plain and simple.
maybe today I would not be that harsh, and say, something like good for you men, good for you

If someone would tell me not to register names at $0.99 at TLD with 15 mln. registration and long history, that are hot now and more than 75000 was registered in last 3 month, I would call this person something too. :)

•••
if someone would have said "that I register random sh*tty letter 4 letter .nets and I call it investment" to me a year ago I would have called him an idiot. Plain and simple.

I don't understand your stand point man please explain more before calling people as an idiot..

So you are saying "Don't register shit letters of LLLL.net for $1" and "register .com only of which letters for what price? " please give specific example.

Currently cheapest .com you could get $8 with GD DDC and in all .com 4L, 5N, 6N, 5L premiums, and 7N premiums are all registered... so tell me what good letters .com to register?

•••
I don't understand your stand point man please explain more before calling people as an idiot..

So you are saying "Don't register sh*t letters of LLLL.net for $1" and "register .com only of which letters for what price? " please give specific example.

Currently cheapest .com you could get $8 with GD DDC and in all .com 4L, 5N, 6N, 5L premiums, and 7N premiums are all registered... so tell me what good letters .com to register?

You can easily find 5L.coms that are both English and Chinese premium.......

Seeing prices of 4L.com, and price is rising everyday, it will not be foolishness if you register 5L.com, it is real, can sustain and has global demand.

•••
It was clarified directly under my post, just use DNJ then, if you really have an issue with namebio, at least 99% are actual sales on DNJ

Seriously rpanella...is this what you are concerned about, just follow your gut instinct then ;)

Who said I have an issue with Namebio? They're a great resource that I use often when looking up comparables.

I simply had an issue with you posting misinformation so I pointed it out.

•••
You can easily find 5L.coms that are both English and Chinese premium.......

Seeing prices of 4L.com, and price is rising everyday, it will not be foolishness if you register 5L.com, it is real, can sustain and has global demand.

@DTR Alex
Thank you for your specific example in good manner.. This could be another discussion topic whether to go for random 5L.com for 8$ or some good combination of 4L.net still out there which you could buy it for $1, for example there are still VCVC .net combination out there for 3.8$ at the moment last 320 of them left.

But i think @domeen is just want to piss on topic somehow he invested on something and he calls everybody as an idiot simply because people didn't do what he has done.

•••
@DTR Alex
But i think @domeen is just want to piss on topic somehow he invested on something and he calls everybody as an idiot simply because people didn't do what he has done.
I didnΒ΄t call anybody idiot.

you can invest into anything you like.

•••
I didnΒ΄t call anybody idiot.

you can invest into anything you like.

OK @domeen Let's say end of this none rational discussion, everybody free to invest whatever they like of course.

•••
I prefer .com over .net

Because .com is brandable globally.

I think, no one is going to take your domain, but I have found some instances that owner of .com claimed .net also (anyways I don't have much knowledge about this as well), any senior member here can explain more about it.

And compare price of average sales of 3L.com and 3L.net, you will find .com better than .net

•••
lets say 3 letter .com worth $30k, what do you think the .net version is currently worth? is it $3k? 10x less, or 20x less, $1500 ? or 30x less and $1000 ?

now 4 letter.com worth $1000, how much is the .net worth? dose it make $50 in your opinion? or less?

we are talking reseller prices.

I think to compare 3 letter .net and 4 letter .net is not 100% accurate. but still.

•••
I tell you my real experience:

8 months before, I registered 5 6n.com and 5n .net

I am able to sell the 6n.com for more than $400 (at that time, I was able to find good quality 6n, triple repeat)
and I am able to sell 5n.net for $30-$40 today (at that time I was able to register normal 5n .net excluding 0,4)

•••
lets say 3 letter .com worth $30k, what do you think the .net version is currently worth? is it $3k? 10x less, or 20x less, $1500 ? or 30x less and $1000 ?

now 4 letter.com worth $1000, how much is the .net worth? dose it make $50 in your opinion? or less?

we are talking reseller prices.

I think to compare 3 letter .net and 4 letter .net is not 100% accurate. but still.
.net value is usually 5-10% .com value.

If LLL.com = 30K, then LLL.net is 1,5-3K it's about right, you can see 17-22K sales of LLL.com here and there and you can see some sale of LLL.net at $800-1200, but most priced at $1500+

Chinese LLLL.com is at $1100 in China, Chinese LLLL.net = 900 yuan = $135, a little more than 10%, due to it's popularity among resellers and end-users.

English premium LLLL.com = $500, English premium LLLL.net =? If we assume 5-10% = $25-50

Regular LLLL.com = $200, Regular .net = Regfee for now, until the remaining 100K will get registered, but good combinations, pronouncable, including dictionary words, may be valued at 5-10% already = $10-20.

•••
.net value is usually 5-10% .com value.

If LLL.com = 30K, then LLL.net is 1,5-3K it's about right, you can see 17-22K sales of LLL.com here and there and you can see some sale of LLL.net at $800-1200, but most priced at $1500+

Chinese LLLL.com is at $1100 in China, Chinese LLLL.net = 900 yuan = $135, a little more than 10%, due to it's popularity among resellers and end-users.

English premium LLLL.com = $500, English premium LLLL.net =? If we assume 5-10% = $25-50

Regular LLLL.com = $200, Regular .net = Regfee for now, until the remaining 100K will get registered, but good combinations, pronouncable, including dictionary words, may be valued at 5-10% already = $10-20.

so you are saying, that .net prices go up, if someone registeres 100k names? simple as that? nothing more needed?

•••
I tell you my real experience:

8 months before, I registered 5 6n.com and 5n .net

I am able to sell the 6n.com for more than $400 (at that time, I was able to find good quality 6n, triple repeat)
and I am able to sell 5n.net for $30-$40 today (at that time I was able to register normal 5n .net excluding 0,4)

Yeah sure man, it must be great experience for you.. You can buy random 5L.com and see after another 6 months.. Everybody free to invest on whatever they like..

But just to heads up about your experience there were just 1,000,00 combination of 6N.com and 11,881,376 combination of 5L.com. So you may need to wait little bit longer..

Btw there are just only 100,500 LLLL.net left, so your comparison must be like this.

100,500 LLLL.net vs 11,881,376 LLLLL.com

•••
I simply had an issue with you posting misinformation so I pointed it out.

Unfortunately the error was pointed out about 10 pages ago...go back and read and let things lie, dont let it eat away at you :D

•••
so you are saying, that .net prices go up, if someone registeres 100k names? simple as that? nothing more needed?

In short time, yes. Study the threads from 2007-2008 buyouts and you'll see.
I'm surprised by your lack of knowledge, honestly.
Been investing for 20 years, huh?
Or just bought in 2003 and then was out of the market and didn't follow closely. That's just fools luck, not serious investing.
Sometimes it works, but for steady profit you need to learn more strategies. You sold your LLLL.com and what you gonna do now, if you don't know how to make money on domains, except for buy early and wait for 12 years.
Early is over, now most of good domains aren't available, you need to learn how to deal with average domains, and competition is growing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back