Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

djum

Top Member
Impact
English Premium letters = A B C D E F G H L M N O P R S T

We were tracking them here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/premium-llll-net-countdown-2015.882216/

Last 5020 got registered just in one day.
Most takers were from China, but some from around the world too.
More than 10 000 LLLL.net were registered today total
Will provide update with exact number and list of names registered today in few hours.
Good chance now that all LLLL.net will follow the case, since Chinese were buying many domains that included vowels and letter V.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Someone is going to have sh1tload of renewal fees next year :D

What a waste of money, LLLL.net have been available for years for reg-fee or just above reg-fee, someone running out and grabbing them all will not do anything

•••

What a waste of money, LLLL.net have been available for years for reg-fee or just above reg-fee, someone running out and grabbing them all will not do anything

That just beginning of the story.
I started scanning the remaining 128K and already see new registration done today just minutes ago coming from the likes of HiChina and Ename.

When something get registered and now available anymore it leads to shortage.
Shortage creates rise of prices.
Pure economics.
Noone saw that coming with Chinese LLLL.net before July 27th.
And now look, they trade hands for $80 each at 200-1000 volume each day.

China is coming it's just the first steps..

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, but you can still buy them for $20 on domain forums too though

•••
If you talking about Chinese LLLL.net for $20, please provide link.
I promise to buy all available at this price.

•••
The Chinese dont just buy domains without vowels or with vowels etc, if they like a name or its a acronym for what they need, they will buy it

You always see llll.net names for sale, check the multiple selling platforms and godaddy and Sedo as well (the make offer listings)

If you really want them cheap, just email existing owner then you dont have a minimum bid like on Sedo etc

Offer to buy them in bulk from people who own a lot of them, its the best way to get a good price on them

•••
I received few offers for $60 at Flippa for my Chinese LLLL.net today, but not selling them that cheap.

Problem here is that noone have them in bulk, not Chinese ones.

And spam letters with $50 lowball offers started coming in too, people with 50+ names can confirm that.

•••
What are chinese llll.nets?? They dont just buy names without vowels

•••
Chinese premiums are domains without A-E-I-O-U-V.

No vowels or V.

•••
Thats what some domainers refer to them as

•••
For your reference price on Chinese LLLL.net at Chinese market:

http://www.chaomi.cc/ym/1/4

500 yuan = $80, taken 1 yuan = 0,16 USD.
2128 names sold in last 4 days.

You can see, it's not only "if Acronym or mean something".
Any no vowel or V is good.

•••
That is just 1 stat from a "Chinese" website, keep an eye out on the english forums and selling platforms if you want some bargains

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one

•••
That is just 1 stat from a "Chinese" website, keep an eye out on the english forums and selling platforms if you want some bargains

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one

I am afraid you was not following the LLLL.net market recently :) I doubt you will find anything on NP below USD 50-55, take a look at "Domain Names Wanted" section of NP (https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-names-wanted.10/) - there are numerous threads, to name just a few :

"Buying LLLL.net (no A,E,I,,O,U,V,) Up to $50 each"
https://www.namepros.com/threads/buying-llll-net-no-a-e-i-o-u-v-up-to-50-each.886411/

WTB - LLLL.net no A,E,I,O,U,V $40!
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wtb-llll-net-no-a-e-i-o-u-v-40.886845/

WTB - LLLL.net - No A, E, I, O, U, V.
I'm looking for LLLL.net - without [a, e, i, o, u, v]
Paying: $30 to $45 - depending on the letters.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wtb-llll-net-no-a-e-i-o-u-v.878962/

Looking For LLL.net LLLL.net
All without a,e,i,o,u,v

LLL.net Budget $XXX-14XX per name
LLLL.net Budget $55 per name
Will buy in bulk and fast payment by paypal ,dn.com or escrow.com
Total budget $50k

https://www.namepros.com/threads/looking-for-lll-net-llll-net.886413/

PS
links for proof purpose, none of them are mine

•••
When something get registered and now available anymore it leads to shortage.
Shortage creates rise of prices.
Pure economics.
Unfortunately this is inaccurate.

There is a widespread misconception among domainers that a buyout is a prelude toward increasing prices and growing demand from end users.
The theory has been proven wrong time and again, for instance with LLL.us/.biz/.in. Those names have been stagnant between reg fee and mid-$$ for the most part, in spite of the 'buyout'. So an LLL.biz that you bought ten years ago likely has not appreciated much.

Simply put, scarcity alone does not create value if there are no buyers. There isn't enough genuine end user demand. The buyout has some limited influence on the reseller market but that's it.

As to the LLLL.com/.net: right now we are in speculative bubble. It is fueled by speculation. It's not like the supply of end users has increased tenfold overnight.

We have witnessed the same phenomenon a few years ago: at some point all LLLL.com were bought but domainers sustained big losses, names were dropping by the hundreds every day because they could hardly fetch more than $20 ea.

My advise is: Flip while you can, because the reseller market will eventually dry out and cannot absorb all the supply.

•••
I see where you coming from and I agree with you - simple buyout is not enough to raise the price.
You need to account for many factors together.

Sales are very important and we see that .net - 2nd biggest zone in the world with 15 mln. registrations showing pretty healthy sales. F.e. more than 2000 LLLL.net sold at 2 Chinese auctions only, then how many was sold at Western auctions, forums and private sales?
.biz and .us are lacking those.

This buyout is different from 2008 because number of Internet users rose significantly somewhere between 3-5 times. More people online, more interest in domain investing. Prices for LLL.com that were overpriced in 2008 are 5 times higher. Prices for LLLL.net are not at the 2008 level yet!

Also new factor - Chinese investors putting a lot of buying pressure on the market. It also may answer your concerns about supply of end-users, that increased too, but probably not doubled. Short domains becoming digital currency for Chinese investors. They not planning to use them to create site or anything, but rather to keep it as digital assets that known to appreciate higher than stocks over time and keep it away from Communist hands, just like bitcoin.
Domain Shane recently had excellent article on that matter. Totally worth reading.
http://domainshane.com/amount-chinese-investment-domains-going-increase/

2008 buyout was premature, economy was a huge mess and global financial crisis pushed the trigger.
Now American economy is in much better shape, last stats I've seen showed lowest unemployment numbers for many years.

Of course all this just my opinion, I don't give any advices, just keep your eyes open, notice where the market going and invest according to your own plan and research.

•••
One has to dance with the tune. And it's here where I got profits from 100%-1000%. I'm always on the lookout for 'weird' things such as this. If I see opportunity waving at me, seems like a goldmine that I have to immediately get my share. So far I've been successful. And I'm thankful for people like djum who spread the news of something that opens the door of opportunity. That is, an opportunity to earn more. After all, that's what domaining is all about... imo.

•••
As promised I finished the scan and providing update.

Almost 10000 LLLL.net were registered in last 3 days, between October 18th and October 20th.

Here's the list 9937:

http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/sNSwkvVv/file.html

Now only 121 087 LLLL.net remains free (down from 180 000 back in July 26th 2015)

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/AJXlslCz/file.html

Buyout didn't stop yesterday, rather started, there's plenty of names that showed up with 366 days till the end of registration.

You free to analyze this data and share your opinion.
And we'll be following the changes here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/premium-llll-net-countdown-2015.882216/

•••
•••
Yes, sorry I forgot to put it in.

•••
We are entering to new digital world that is going to be decided by Chinese..

•••

It will do something...it will create demand. Any time there is a shortage of something, prices go up. One way to make a shortage is to buy all of it. This is basic free market performance as said by others too.

•••
Unfortunately this is inaccurate.

There is a widespread misconception among domainers that a buyout is a prelude toward increasing prices and growing demand from end users.
The theory has been proven wrong time and again, for instance with LLL.us/.biz/.in. Those names have been stagnant between reg fee and mid-$$ for the most part, in spite of the 'buyout'. So an LLL.biz that you bought ten years ago likely has not appreciated much.

Simply put, scarcity alone does not create value if there are no buyers. There isn't enough genuine end user demand. The buyout has some limited influence on the reseller market but that's it.

As to the LLLL.com/.net: right now we are in speculative bubble. It is fueled by speculation. It's not like the supply of end users has increased tenfold overnight.

We have witnessed the same phenomenon a few years ago: at some point all LLLL.com were bought but domainers sustained big losses, names were dropping by the hundreds every day because they could hardly fetch more than $20 ea.

My advise is: Flip while you can, because the reseller market will eventually dry out and cannot absorb all the supply.
I am glad to hear this perspective, even while not fully agreeing with it. It helps to have all points of view on the table when making investment decisions. No one knows for sure what will happen with 4L.net (5L.com, 6N/7N/8N.com, etc, etc). And it's good not to get caught up in a buying frenzy without fully assessing the risks.

But I think we may be seeing a fundamental shift in domaining, and the old thinking hasn't quite caught up with it yet. I don't think the old paradigm is by any means dead--where market value is determined by enduser demand. But the logic of the old paradigm does not apply in this new market. Domains are being used differently by a massive new market segment, loosely defined as the Chinese domain investor. I don't fully understand it but this new investor doesn't seem to be all about finding endusers or about flipping to other domainers. It has something to do with finding liquid assets to "hold" and safeguard large reservoirs of cash (if someone can clarify/elaborate on this that would be great).

As such, the exponential increase in short acronym and numeric domains may not be a "bubble" as traditionally understood (though there may be bubbles emerging in peripheral tld's around this new market development). It may just be the beginning of new market model in domaining.

Or not.

•••
I am afraid you was not following the LLLL.net market recently :) I doubt you will find anything on NP below USD 50-55, take a look at "Domain Names Wanted" section of NP

ok, $35-$50, not $20, I stand corrected

It will do something...it will create demand. Any time there is a shortage of something, prices go up. One way to make a shortage is to buy all of it. This is basic free market performance as said by others too.

Yes, it creates demand but only in domainers, companies wont have a clue about some llll.net buyout, and that to me is who matters and where the good sales are, domainers are all tightasses as we know and that wont change :D I remember the same thing happening with LLLL.com and certain domainers predicted how the prices would rocket because of that, crappy llll.com names still sell for crappy prices on domain forums

•••
You buy em out to get the pot stirred then stuff starts to happen nothing new. it's bound to happen more and more only so many domains in an expanding industry of investors.

•••
ok, $35-$50, not $20, I stand corrected

Yes, it creates demand but only in domainers, companies wont have a clue about some llll.net buyout, and that to me is who matters and where the good sales are, domainers are all tightasses as we know and that wont change :D I remember the same thing happening with LLLL.com and certain domainers predicted how the prices would rocket because of that, crappy llll.com names still sell for crappy prices on domain forums
$35-50 that's people who wants to buy, but noone selling that cheap :)

Yesterdays GoDaddy closeout prices were:

kchf.net $73 (13 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
bwyt.net $55 (9 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
sdph.net $85 (17 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
myhw.net $105 (18 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
qrfw.net $85 (18 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
nfss.net $165 (25 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21

LLLL.com failed first time because it was too early, look at them now.

Domainers sell to domainers, yes. Always was, always will be, but companies who won't have a clue will have no choice when get a quote for $500-1000 for LLLL.net or $5-10K for LLLL.com.

The world is changing at the speed of light today.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back