Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

djum

Top Member
Impact
English Premium letters = A B C D E F G H L M N O P R S T

We were tracking them here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/premium-llll-net-countdown-2015.882216/

Last 5020 got registered just in one day.
Most takers were from China, but some from around the world too.
More than 10 000 LLLL.net were registered today total
Will provide update with exact number and list of names registered today in few hours.
Good chance now that all LLLL.net will follow the case, since Chinese were buying many domains that included vowels and letter V.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Someone is going to have sh1tload of renewal fees next year :D

What a waste of money, LLLL.net have been available for years for reg-fee or just above reg-fee, someone running out and grabbing them all will not do anything

•••
When something get registered and now available anymore it leads to shortage.
Shortage creates rise of prices.
Pure economics.
Unfortunately this is inaccurate.

There is a widespread misconception among domainers that a buyout is a prelude toward increasing prices and growing demand from end users.
The theory has been proven wrong time and again, for instance with LLL.us/.biz/.in. Those names have been stagnant between reg fee and mid-$$ for the most part, in spite of the 'buyout'. So an LLL.biz that you bought ten years ago likely has not appreciated much.

Simply put, scarcity alone does not create value if there are no buyers. There isn't enough genuine end user demand. The buyout has some limited influence on the reseller market but that's it.

As to the LLLL.com/.net: right now we are in speculative bubble. It is fueled by speculation. It's not like the supply of end users has increased tenfold overnight.

We have witnessed the same phenomenon a few years ago: at some point all LLLL.com were bought but domainers sustained big losses, names were dropping by the hundreds every day because they could hardly fetch more than $20 ea.

My advise is: Flip while you can, because the reseller market will eventually dry out and cannot absorb all the supply.

•••
One has to dance with the tune. And it's here where I got profits from 100%-1000%. I'm always on the lookout for 'weird' things such as this. If I see opportunity waving at me, seems like a goldmine that I have to immediately get my share. So far I've been successful. And I'm thankful for people like djum who spread the news of something that opens the door of opportunity. That is, an opportunity to earn more. After all, that's what domaining is all about... imo.

•••
I see where you coming from and I agree with you - simple buyout is not enough to raise the price.
You need to account for many factors together.

Sales are very important and we see that .net - 2nd biggest zone in the world with 15 mln. registrations showing pretty healthy sales. F.e. more than 2000 LLLL.net sold at 2 Chinese auctions only, then how many was sold at Western auctions, forums and private sales?
.biz and .us are lacking those.

This buyout is different from 2008 because number of Internet users rose significantly somewhere between 3-5 times. More people online, more interest in domain investing. Prices for LLL.com that were overpriced in 2008 are 5 times higher. Prices for LLLL.net are not at the 2008 level yet!

Also new factor - Chinese investors putting a lot of buying pressure on the market. It also may answer your concerns about supply of end-users, that increased too, but probably not doubled. Short domains becoming digital currency for Chinese investors. They not planning to use them to create site or anything, but rather to keep it as digital assets that known to appreciate higher than stocks over time and keep it away from Communist hands, just like bitcoin.
Domain Shane recently had excellent article on that matter. Totally worth reading.
http://domainshane.com/amount-chinese-investment-domains-going-increase/

2008 buyout was premature, economy was a huge mess and global financial crisis pushed the trigger.
Now American economy is in much better shape, last stats I've seen showed lowest unemployment numbers for many years.

Of course all this just my opinion, I don't give any advices, just keep your eyes open, notice where the market going and invest according to your own plan and research.

•••
My recent drop catches

rrmi
mdbe
ooet
broh
ptna
molm
gaed
iath
igst
icrn
eong
bilm
ggig
bsgo

•••
Giles, it seems you have been gone from the Domaining forefront for a while.. there are lots of "trends" appearing since the past 1-2 months only but sucking in too much money to ignore.. if you play your cards well you can take home some nice profits which you can reinvest in more tried & tested trends/domains anyway..

but it would be silly to ignore what's happening here lately in Domaining.. even i have invested into 6-8N numerics quite a lot in the past weeks and am realizing some profits already.. never hurts to jump the train before it leaves and to put eggs in different baskets..

question is, do you want to face the additional stress of keeping up with all these trends/buyouts/investment waves.. if you got the time to do so besides ur main job or whatever else you do, go for it..

•••
There are 7,2 billion people living on earth where as only 3,2 billion internet users. These numbers were just fraction of it 10 years ago.. And while internet penetration over population is 90% in North America , it's just 38% in Asia and 48% in China, just %28 in India. And Asian internet users increasing rapidly everyday..
There is a flaw here: there is no direct correlation between Internet penetration rates, and the demand for domain names. For a simple reason: Internet users don't need domain names to surf the web. They just need IPv4/v6 addresses, and the ISP takes care of that.
Even in the most developed countries, few people own domain names unless they want a blog or set up their own E-mail. As you know, almost everybody uses gmail and facebook... just because they are familiar with domain names doesn't mean they want one.
The end users/buyers are normally buying names for business purposes. So it's not like every earthling is a possible end user.
The market is not growing exponentially.

•••
Someone is going to have sh1tload of renewal fees next year :D

What a waste of money, LLLL.net have been available for years for reg-fee or just above reg-fee, someone running out and grabbing them all will not do anything

That just beginning of the story.
I started scanning the remaining 128K and already see new registration done today just minutes ago coming from the likes of HiChina and Ename.

When something get registered and now available anymore it leads to shortage.
Shortage creates rise of prices.
Pure economics.
Noone saw that coming with Chinese LLLL.net before July 27th.
And now look, they trade hands for $80 each at 200-1000 volume each day.

China is coming it's just the first steps..

Last edited:
•••
If you talking about Chinese LLLL.net for $20, please provide link.
I promise to buy all available at this price.

•••
Unfortunately this is inaccurate.

There is a widespread misconception among domainers that a buyout is a prelude toward increasing prices and growing demand from end users.
The theory has been proven wrong time and again, for instance with LLL.us/.biz/.in. Those names have been stagnant between reg fee and mid-$$ for the most part, in spite of the 'buyout'. So an LLL.biz that you bought ten years ago likely has not appreciated much.

Simply put, scarcity alone does not create value if there are no buyers. There isn't enough genuine end user demand. The buyout has some limited influence on the reseller market but that's it.

As to the LLLL.com/.net: right now we are in speculative bubble. It is fueled by speculation. It's not like the supply of end users has increased tenfold overnight.

We have witnessed the same phenomenon a few years ago: at some point all LLLL.com were bought but domainers sustained big losses, names were dropping by the hundreds every day because they could hardly fetch more than $20 ea.

My advise is: Flip while you can, because the reseller market will eventually dry out and cannot absorb all the supply.
I am glad to hear this perspective, even while not fully agreeing with it. It helps to have all points of view on the table when making investment decisions. No one knows for sure what will happen with 4L.net (5L.com, 6N/7N/8N.com, etc, etc). And it's good not to get caught up in a buying frenzy without fully assessing the risks.

But I think we may be seeing a fundamental shift in domaining, and the old thinking hasn't quite caught up with it yet. I don't think the old paradigm is by any means dead--where market value is determined by enduser demand. But the logic of the old paradigm does not apply in this new market. Domains are being used differently by a massive new market segment, loosely defined as the Chinese domain investor. I don't fully understand it but this new investor doesn't seem to be all about finding endusers or about flipping to other domainers. It has something to do with finding liquid assets to "hold" and safeguard large reservoirs of cash (if someone can clarify/elaborate on this that would be great).

As such, the exponential increase in short acronym and numeric domains may not be a "bubble" as traditionally understood (though there may be bubbles emerging in peripheral tld's around this new market development). It may just be the beginning of new market model in domaining.

Or not.

•••
ok, $35-$50, not $20, I stand corrected

Yes, it creates demand but only in domainers, companies wont have a clue about some llll.net buyout, and that to me is who matters and where the good sales are, domainers are all tightasses as we know and that wont change :D I remember the same thing happening with LLLL.com and certain domainers predicted how the prices would rocket because of that, crappy llll.com names still sell for crappy prices on domain forums
$35-50 that's people who wants to buy, but noone selling that cheap :)

Yesterdays GoDaddy closeout prices were:

kchf.net $73 (13 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
bwyt.net $55 (9 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
sdph.net $85 (17 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
myhw.net $105 (18 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
qrfw.net $85 (18 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21
nfss.net $165 (25 Bids) $12 Closed on 2015/10/21

LLLL.com failed first time because it was too early, look at them now.

Domainers sell to domainers, yes. Always was, always will be, but companies who won't have a clue will have no choice when get a quote for $500-1000 for LLLL.net or $5-10K for LLLL.com.

The world is changing at the speed of light today.

•••
Godaddy is currently offering unlimited 0.99 + icann .net registrations .48 Hours only

•••
Chinese premiums are domains without A-E-I-O-U-V.

No vowels or V.

•••
The trend will go until the economy is stable...... once economical pressure faced by largest countries that are responsible of maximum domain name trade, will not like to invest.....
I see alarming sign because there are very less end users........

I think it may be the opposite. As they see alarming signs in the economy and the stock market, they invest in more stable (in their view) assets, in this case domains

Well, idea was regarding economy and domain relation is about big change happening in the world now.
As we are entering into digital age which is affecting human life more and more everyday. While the economies depressed in one side there are on-going wars in different parts of the world, on the other side there are developed countries which are advancing to the future technologies in high speed. And new technology is produced and consumed by third countries and high populated part of the world enormously.

So, yes future technology is more about massive use of internet such as Internet of Things, which makes internet more and more important to our daily life. And if you can also imagine, machines will have internet in 5-10 years. You can simply say that internet is big growing industry which will be much bigger than we had before.

It depends where you want invest your money, you can buy house, car, stocks, open shop or anything else and avoid internet industry. But i believe investing on internet can be much profitable than all other things in the picture on the sky which is approaching.

•••
That should spend things up if the word spreads. Grabbed two more.

Thats for sure. I also took three more. Three hundred more precisely :)

•••
Well, why else would you bring the fact of 85 emails other than bragging?

Someone trying to shut up others when they feel offended or hurt by something. Do you feel offended by the fact that you undersold your LLLL.com? Having thick skin, emotional instability, then why blame on me? When you tried to call people idiots here everyone just laughed. Be a man, deal with it.
Anyone else could confirm it to you, that prices you accepted were under the market.

That's why when your investment advises after seems kind of odd to me.

I help people by posting the list of available name and market information on sales. Promote? OK, whatever you call it. So far it was useful for a lot of people and many of them thanked me. But I'm not going out there saying pour all your money here or get out of the market right away, because the sky is falling, bubble, we heading to crash, I sold all my LLLL.coms and so on. Only provide stats and sometimes my opinion. Many times it was true, but there's no guarantees that in the future I will be wrong, no one is perfect you know. To be successful in betting you only need to be right about 55% of time.

Everyone should use their own head and research. I invested in LLLL.net, and I invested in LLLL.com, and in some numbers and brandables and made some money already and hopefully will make more. When some members here came up with ideas about Chinese LLLL.net, 6N and other ideas noone called them out by "Who are you". People analyzed the facts and invested or not invested.

So far you failed to bring the facts, why we shouldn't invest in LLLL.net. If you sold your LLLL.coms and getting out of the market it doesn't mean everyone should adopt same strategy. And being out of the market take a toll on your talent, that's true.

•••
Yeah, but you can still buy them for $20 on domain forums too though

•••
I received few offers for $60 at Flippa for my Chinese LLLL.net today, but not selling them that cheap.

Problem here is that noone have them in bulk, not Chinese ones.

And spam letters with $50 lowball offers started coming in too, people with 50+ names can confirm that.

•••
For your reference price on Chinese LLLL.net at Chinese market:

http://www.chaomi.cc/ym/1/4

500 yuan = $80, taken 1 yuan = 0,16 USD.
2128 names sold in last 4 days.

You can see, it's not only "if Acronym or mean something".
Any no vowel or V is good.

•••
As promised I finished the scan and providing update.

Almost 10000 LLLL.net were registered in last 3 days, between October 18th and October 20th.

Here's the list 9937:

http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/sNSwkvVv/file.html

Now only 121 087 LLLL.net remains free (down from 180 000 back in July 26th 2015)

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/AJXlslCz/file.html

Buyout didn't stop yesterday, rather started, there's plenty of names that showed up with 366 days till the end of registration.

You free to analyze this data and share your opinion.
And we'll be following the changes here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/premium-llll-net-countdown-2015.882216/

•••
There's nothing selling at $100 today, check http://www.llllsales.com/.
Minimum price is higher, the worst sell for $175, and something that's looks just better, but still may have zero companies associated is $200+

•••
Thanks GravityEleven, but I'll pass on that

Its safer to avoid the hype and stick to what works, these buyouts have happened for years and watch the outcome of all this in 2 or 3 years time...same thing every time

Difference from the past, Chinese factor and Asian market.
There are 7,2 billion people living on earth where as only 3,2 billion internet users. These numbers were just fraction of it 10 years ago.. And while internet penetration over population is 90% in North America , it's just 38% in Asia and 48% in China, just %28 in India. And Asian internet users increasing rapidly everyday..

And imagine while money flows from West to East in economical perspective, Asians and Chinese will get more rich everyday and will start using internet more and more. You can imaging in 5-10 years there is going to be 4-5 billion internet users. This is why ICANN decided to release generic TLDs and why former Google CEO Eric Schmidt warns about close future internet will have flood of Asian internet users.

hZd7NP9.png

•••
But in a simple way of thinking, just imagine that internet users quantity increasing as this implies there is a more consumption on internet market. When there is more consumption on internet market there is need for more internet shops, or let say websites..
Yes, of course the Internet is growing. Thus the number of websites/webshops is increasing too. So the demand for domain names also increases but in limited proportions.
That's my point: do not overestimate the potential of the domain market. The people who are getting online are not all web entrepreneurs. Most will never buy a domain name at all.

Therefore, we can simply say there is need more domain names in the future, otherwise how do you explain ICANN had to release new TLDs for many years if there was no need for new domain names?
For the money. Previously released extensions have failed. But it doesn't matter as long as they (icann) make money. The supply certainly exceeds the limited demand there is.

Anyway, what we want as domainers it to invest in the kinds of domains that are sought after. Regardless of whatever silly string icann decides to release tomorrow.

And also we are in the digital age, creating website is a very common thing everybody can easily create website, and you think they all will use facebook, or blog? They will need and learn domain names at some point.
I hope so, but to be honest that time is long overdue. I mean, the Internet is mainstream now. I am really puzzled that in 2015 so few people see the point of owning their own domain name :(
Even domainers use gmail... -_-

•••
Recent Sales non-Chinese premium

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 4.18.34 AM.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back