Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

djum

Top Member
Impact
English Premium letters = A B C D E F G H L M N O P R S T

We were tracking them here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/premium-llll-net-countdown-2015.882216/

Last 5020 got registered just in one day.
Most takers were from China, but some from around the world too.
More than 10 000 LLLL.net were registered today total
Will provide update with exact number and list of names registered today in few hours.
Good chance now that all LLLL.net will follow the case, since Chinese were buying many domains that included vowels and letter V.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In short time, yes. Study the threads from 2007-2008 buyouts and you'll see.
I'm surprised by your lack of knowledge, honestly.
Been investing for 20 years, huh?
Or just bought in 2003 and then was out of the market and didn't follow closely. That's just fools luck, not serious investing.
Sometimes it works, but for steady profit you need to learn more strategies. You sold your LLLL.com and what you gonna do now, if you don't know how to make money on domains, except for buy early and wait for 12 years.
Early is over, now most of good domains aren't available, you need to learn how to deal with average domains, and competition is growing.

if you want to know, I started in 2001 or so, I was active catching drops for maybe 10 years. (snapnames, namewinner, pool, namejet).
I invetsed everything I made back to domains.

I think in 2012 or so I don´t invest anymore, I actually don´t need to. I pay for renewals and take the money.
the 300+ 4 LLLL .com-s I discovered from my portfolio by accident. I didn´t know I have them. I don`t remember why I bought them, maybe I had some ideas back then, who knows.

one night I had like 85 emails all asking to buy 4 letters for $550 each. Then I scanned my portfolio and there they where.

Now if you say that i don´t know how to invest and make money. then there is something wrong with you!

•••
if you want to know, I started in 2001 or so, I was active catching drops for maybe 10 years. (snapnames, namewinner, pool, namejet).
I invetsed everything I made back to domains.

I think in 2012 or so I don´t invest anymore, I actually don´t need to. I pay for renewals and take the money.
the 300+ 4 LLLL .com-s I discovered from my portfolio by accident. I didn´t know I have them. I don`t remember why I bought them, maybe I had some ideas back then, who knows.

one night I had like 85 emails all asking to buy 4 letters for $550 each. Then I scanned my portfolio and there they where.

Now if you say that i don´t know how to invest and make money. then there is something wrong with you!

@domeen

I do appreciate that you share your story genuinely. However what i clearly see in your story, it's a bit a luck that you had 300 LLLL.com in your portfolio. Nothing to do with investment on LLLL.com intentionally in time..

Therefore you're not in the position of giving advice of investment to the people here. Not everybody might be lucky as you are and people have their own vision to see.

•••
•••
Are you seroius? I mean really???
how do you call what I did for 10 years?

"I didn´t know I have them. I don`t remember why I bought them, maybe I had some ideas back then, who knows."

This is your sentences isnt it? what does it mean?

•••
This is your sentences isnt it? what does it mean?
"I didn´t know I have them. I don`t remember why I bought them, maybe I had some ideas back then, who knows."

today I don´t remember.

Back then I somehow over the years collected more then 300 of them, now You say, its dumb luck?
That I did not know what I was doing? I paid renewal fees for over 10 years etc..

•••
I did not register every shit, I took only from drops. Nicer ones that had some google results etc..

•••
today I don´t remember.

Back then I somehow over the years collected more then 300 of them, now You say, its dumb luck?
That I did not know what I was doing? I paid renewal fees for over 10 years etc..

So, you were waiting for 10 years Chinese will come and buy all LLLL.com and it will boost up 10x of value?

Everybody might have some LLLL.com in their portfolio during 10 years, I also had 5-6 of them in last 2-3 years because they are liquid. But nobody would expect Chinese effect to domain market and they will rise 10 times more.. And this reality which you don't talk about at all..

You are simply talking about how good thing you have done and advice us to don't buy LLLL.net which is not really rational.. So what could be your advice to buy then? You didn't answer that question yet..

•••
So, you were waiting for 10 years Chinese will come and buy all LLLL.com and it will boost up 10x of value?

Everybody might have some LLLL.com in their portfolio during 10 years, I also had 5-6 of them in last 2-3 years because they are liquid. But nobody would expect Chinese effect to domain market and they will rise 10 times more.. And this reality which you don't talk about at all..

You are simply talking about how good thing you have done and advice us to don't buy LLLL.net which is not really rational.. So what could be your advice to buy then? You didn't answer that question yet..

You can invest in 4 letter .nets - I allow you!

•••
I would also you to think about, if you havent missed the boat at all? in investing into domains? have you ?
Maybe there simply isn`t room for making profit anymore. Maybe its allready too late for you.
I mean - can`t it be?
There is no need simply to invest, there most be some goal or purpose

•••
You can invest in 4 letter .nets - I allow you!

You are taking the things so much personal.. Sorry but people believe in something and they follow it.. Even if they loose it their own judgement and they will learn lesson by themselves.

•••

If you didn't by anything since 2012, obviously you not in the tune with current market.
"Discovered" 300 names by accident, that you have no idea why you bought also not something domain professional would do. If bragging about 85 emails on domains you have no idea how you gained not pure luck, what is it then?

I see you had some experience in the past, but not so much lately, you left money on the table by selling some of your LLLLs cheaper than should. I can understand that if you needed to sell quick, but it's not the case.

As I said some people just get lucky, others who start later and don't have big budget in the beginning have to work harder for the profit. The one who's in less advantaged position forced to work harder from the beginning and eventually achieve more than the one who's given too much in the beginning.
And competition is growing, will see what will be your results in few years from now.

•••
If you didn't by anything since 2012, obviously you not in the tune with current market.
"Discovered" 300 names by accident, that you have no idea why you bought also not something domain professional would do. If bragging about 85 emails on domains you have no idea how you gained not pure luck, what is it then?

I see you had some experience in the past, but not so much lately, you left money on the table by selling some of your LLLLs cheaper than should. I can understand that if you needed to sell quick, but it's not the case.

As I said some people just get lucky, others who start later and don't have big budget in the beginning have to work harder for the profit. The one who's in less advantaged position forced to work harder from the beginning and eventually achieve more than the one who's given too much in the beginning.
And competition is growing, will see what will be your results in few years from now.

I am not bragging.

You don´t know how much I worked durning the 10 year period, how many drop list I scanned how many hours I slept at night. How many party`s I missed and worked that time. so please shut up!

I started with $100 bucks and nothing more.

and now you say I have lost my talent, that i sell too cheap. I mean who are you? what do you know? what do you have to show?

And you promote four letter randon letter .net-s? i mean what the hell?

•••
I would also you to think about, if you havent missed the boat at all? in investing into domains? have you ?
Maybe there simply isn`t room for making profit anymore. Maybe its allready too late for you.
I mean - can`t it be?
There is no need simply to invest, there most be some goal or purpose

This is so pessimistic advice @domeen.

I believe as a veteran domainer you can give better advice than this. I would respect to any domainer who was doing domaining as a business for 10 years and survived till this time. Because investing on domains was much more risky in the past.. Maybe that's why you stopped buying domains in 2012.

However things are changing quite fast, as i mentioned in previous posts we are entering to digital age. Domains are now in 2-3 types basically,

1st type is old fashion generic keyword domains .com .net org etc.-- Difficult to sell but return is big profit if you find right buyer..
2nd type new generic Tlds -- Generics are introduced to support old fashion keywords because they are all taken 2-3 words even. And this is currently very undetermined future value.
3rd type is liquid domains.. L and N type domains. Rising value and becoming digital assets to replace in real world assets.

I believe in 5-10 years in a digital age, all type of domains will get more value.. But the first we are seeing liquid domains are getting much more value then in the past.. The reason is that domain market is becoming essential investment market comparing stock and real estate market. Which is easy to invest on and can be controlled online and can be sold globally..

I bet on these facts.. And i can say classical thinking for the domains is stuck in 1st type of domains. However, there are new markets emerging.. And internet users are increasing everyday, and people will need more domains then ever..

You are free to invest on you can join to train now, or if you do not wanna invest then stay aside and watch it please.

Last edited:
•••
Well, why else would you bring the fact of 85 emails other than bragging?

Someone trying to shut up others when they feel offended or hurt by something. Do you feel offended by the fact that you undersold your LLLL.com? Having thick skin, emotional instability, then why blame on me? When you tried to call people idiots here everyone just laughed. Be a man, deal with it.
Anyone else could confirm it to you, that prices you accepted were under the market.

That's why when your investment advises after seems kind of odd to me.

I help people by posting the list of available name and market information on sales. Promote? OK, whatever you call it. So far it was useful for a lot of people and many of them thanked me. But I'm not going out there saying pour all your money here or get out of the market right away, because the sky is falling, bubble, we heading to crash, I sold all my LLLL.coms and so on. Only provide stats and sometimes my opinion. Many times it was true, but there's no guarantees that in the future I will be wrong, no one is perfect you know. To be successful in betting you only need to be right about 55% of time.

Everyone should use their own head and research. I invested in LLLL.net, and I invested in LLLL.com, and in some numbers and brandables and made some money already and hopefully will make more. When some members here came up with ideas about Chinese LLLL.net, 6N and other ideas noone called them out by "Who are you". People analyzed the facts and invested or not invested.

So far you failed to bring the facts, why we shouldn't invest in LLLL.net. If you sold your LLLL.coms and getting out of the market it doesn't mean everyone should adopt same strategy. And being out of the market take a toll on your talent, that's true.

•••
Ok, you know it all. I am out.

•••
Chinese market on fire!

Last hour average Chinese premium LLLL.net rate peaked at $150 USD each!

•••
Looks like Whois,com increased there price to $5.88 :(

•••
I think doteasy gives for $5 , not sure haven't registered any.

•••
I have found djum's advice useful.

CHIPS 4 letter.nets now selling at about 950 Yuan each at ename.com.
4 letter.nets with 3 Chinese premium letters and beginning with A, now seem to sell for about 200 Yuan

The number of available 4 letter .nets is declining. I am doing a scan now.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy .net domains now?

•••

4 letter.nets with 3 Chinese premium letters and beginning with A, now seem to sell for about 200 Yuan

Netfirms, Dotster, and Domain.com all appear to be at 4.99 for .net: http://tld-list.com/tld/net

•••

Does that site offer English version?

•••
Looks like Whois,com increased there price to $5.88 :(
It was expected, originally promo was until October 15th, they extended it twice.
Now BigRock - $5.00.

•••
It was expected, originally promo was until October 15th, they extended it twice.
Now BigRock - $5.00.

Bigrock just give me free hosting for "BIGNET' promo code. Does not reduce the price to $4.90 as shows in homepage banner

•••
Not sure, last month it worked for me.

•••
I am confused As if Chinese are not buying to sell them to enduser Or not going to use those domains then for last many years these domains were ideal so now those domains are going to get ideal in someones wallet and they gona wait for someone who will come to buy those which were sitting ideal for many years !!!

Sorry if I get it wrong !!
finally I would like to make easy cash afterall if this is going to happen I am also going to book some NNNN.net

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back