Domain Empire

A couple of Newbie Q's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,
I have read through many forum post, all have been really helpful. I still have a few questions:
Is it worth regging .co.uk names?
What does it mean to develope a site? (forum?? etc)
Are the reg fees just what you pay to reg the name (like 1.99gbp with 1&1)?

Im sure there will be more, many thanks for any help
Jay

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it worth regging .co.uk names? yes if you live in United Kingdom
What does it mean to develope a site? (forum?? etc)
develop to make it full of activity, lots of incoming/outgoing links, membership increased, etc.
Are the reg fees just what you pay to reg the name (like 1.99gbp with 1&1)?
yes per year.

•••
In my Opinion, all Domains(any TLD) are good if developed in a proper way. -> As weblord said

•••
and just in case you don't know, TLD means top-level domain. If you want a list, google it.

•••
brahma said:
In my Opinion, all Domains(any TLD) are good if developed in a proper way. -> As weblord said
that's not what i've said, .co.uk is a country tld not a tld :) :imho:

•••
^^ exactly, just like .us and .pk.

•••
we have also our very own here .Ph but we don't have any issues about abuse on the whois for it's validated via fax and a signature

•••
BTW, if you read other posts on this forum, you will hear that many people have had awful experiences with 1and1. I would suggest you find a different registrat to reg domains with such as godaddy.

•••
another good registrar is Namecheap.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
BTW, if you read other posts on this forum, you will hear that many people have had awful experiences with 1and1. I would suggest you find a different registrat to reg domains with such as godaddy.
also take into consideration how you choose your domain registrar. :)

•••
Cheers for the info.
How do mean registrar? is that not the site you but the domain from i.e 1&1? If not, whos good?
also, on the developing side, what sort of things do you recommend? Forums/sales sites etc?
Thanks

•••
yes, it's the place where you buy the domain from. 1&1 is not very good, go with Godaddy or Namecheap.

For developing, Forums are probably the easiest, you can also set up turnkey websites, adsense websites, and if you have to, a truly content rich site.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back