Dynadot

advice 5 steps to successful sales for a newbie

NameSilo
Watch
Id like to share my selling method with the community. It has worked well for me and hope that some of you also have success.

I would first like to point out, this is selling strategy, not about purchasing or registering domains. If you do not invest in good domain names then this method may not work for you.

#1 - list everywhere (sedo, afternic, godaddy, namejet, flippa, namepros)

#2 - ensure all of your domains are pointing to a for sale lander on efty, sedo, afternic or undeveleoped. I personally use efty

#3 - Listing on namejet/ namejet auctions helps get your domains a lot of exposure to potential buyers

#4 - Same as #3, flippa is great for getting exposure. List your whole portfolio there as make offer. its free... post a min offer.. I usually use $99. Also list on godaddy as make offer, min $25.. has led to lots of sales for me in the past.

#5 - Sedo and afternic are the two platforms that work best with buy it now pricing. If your realistic with your pricing then you will get sales.

Fine tune your cocktail. Just ensure your names are listed as as many marketplaces as you can.

Some places you can pay for ad space that will get you good exposure for your auctions:

DSAD.com
TheDomains.com
Namepros.com
Namebio.com

Get free exposure:

Namepros
DigitalPoint
twitter
facebook groups
linked in

FEEL FREE TO SHARE WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks! I'll try listing it all there. If a name I get accepted to BrandBucket, I'll have to take it down on all places though right?

•••
Id like to share my selling method with the community. It has worked well for me and hope that some of you also have success.
You're a saint man, A SAINT ! Everyone should read this.
Thank you !

•••
i don´t understand that, flippa is not free you have to pay for every listing, and where can i list domains on namejet i can only buy there?

•••
•••
thanks for that information, seems that nearly every domain on namejet gets sold, i will try my luck there

•••
just one question, i see that i need an enom account to sell domains on namejet, when do the domains have to be on enom to sell. i ask because of the 60 day lock i have on godaddy. do i have to wait until unlock or can the domain be locked in the pre sale time?

•••
•••
Thanks for this info.

@JudgeMind Since my Afternic listing is already syndicated to Godaddy, does listing again on Godaddy (as you mentioned in #4) offer any advantage?

If I list again as make offer on GD and the initial Afternic listing subsists, what will a potential buyer see when they search for the name on GD?

•••
just one question, i see that i need an enom account to sell domains on namejet, when do the domains have to be on enom to sell. i ask because of the 60 day lock i have on godaddy. do i have to wait until unlock or can the domain be locked in the pre sale time?
After your domain sells you’ll need to transfer from your registrar to enom.

•••
Thanks for this info.

@JudgeMind Since my Afternic listing is already syndicated to Godaddy, does listing again on Godaddy (as you mentioned in #4) offer any advantage?

If I list again as make offer on GD and the initial Afternic listing subsists, what will a potential buyer see when they search for the name on GD?

If you list at godaddy it will over ride the listing at afternic

•••
i sent my first domains to namejet yesterday, i hope they take them

•••
Also list on godaddy as make offer, min $25.. has led to lots of sales for me in the past.
Thats what I do but at $50 minimum, yes its worked for me so far. I only hate about Godaddy cut.

•••
•••
Thanks for sharing these. Are all your sales passive ? Or do you even send out mails, not with intention of pure outbounds but to update the potential buyers of the availability of the domain ?

•••
do you get a mail from namejet when they decline your domains?

•••
Can I list 11 domains as portfolio on Namejet for free or must it be 15 domains?

•••
I'm not aware of a way to list a portfolio for sale (as a portfolio). You send them the list for review (whatever qty you like) and they are listed individually.

•••
•••
Would be great to hear if anyone got sales using this strategy.

•••
Hi Judge Mind.
how do i buy domains to re sell them?

•••
Hi Judge Mind.
how do i buy domains to re sell them?

4 of the 5 steps above worked for me (I'm not new but will answer anyway.) I don't sell on NameJet so cannot comment on that although I know it works for others.

Marketing online like social media also works for traffic and offers. Happened to me just today again for a name I threw out there got an offer and accepted today.

@fregosok read the forum and you'll find many answers. Welcome to NP as well.

•••
•••
I thought it might be a good idea to bump this 6 month old thread...

Maybe @JudgeMind can add some new thoughts, advice... :xf.smile:

Perhaps some people who have followed his advice can share how it has worked out for them? What issues have they encountered and how they dealt with them?

Full disclosure: I'm one of those many people who haven't followed @JudgeMind's advice - yet! For one reason or another, listing wise, my substantial portfolio is still... secret! :banghead:

Aiming to correct this ASAP... have close to 4,000 domains to list (n)(n) Hence this thread reincarnation...

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Back