IT.COM

What are the options to get Maximum exposure to sell a Domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AuctionBio

Top Member
Impact
I have some domains on Flippa on Auction. I am trying my level best to have maximum exposure and also trying for end users as well. But I think still I am lacking many things.
NP is also a v good source for marketing. but you find re-sellers on most of these plateform like NP, Flippa, Sedo, Godaddy etc are more. At least I am looking for a v good reseller who can pay a handsome amount and good reseller knows best to sell it again on really higher price
Now I need some of your valueable suggestions for, if you please help me choosing;
  • Should I choose namebio premium listing(for instance buying a listing for a week)
  • should I go for facebook ads
  • Should I use services from some websites for lead generation (I still need lot of RND here and what you think who are top players in this list.).
What are the best other sources for maximum exposure. I will appreciate your replies.
These are the main concern every new seller needs to know and I hope your replies will also be helpful for every body.

Thanks in Advance
Abbas
AuctionBio

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi,
if you want I can promote your domain in my social media accounts and my website ( for Free )

On my last flippa auction I get 400 Views + 5 Watchers and the domain was sold

While sharing here and there helps, but it is important, what is the domain that you whant to sell

•••
Hi,
if you want I can promote your domain in my social media accounts and my website ( for Free )
Thanks @bonin

While sharing here and there helps, but it is important, what is the domain that you whant to sell

I have currently 9 separate Auctions running on flippa, I send a PM as well (these are same as in my signature).
Some of the domains really have good apeal, I have currently 5 to 15 watchers on each and views from 50 to 150 view with 12 days remaining on each.

I want to reach maximum.

•••
It depends on a domain name you are trying to sell. I use the following options:

- Domain Shane's Daily List of Domains at Auction
- External Auctions section here at NP
- Signature here at NP
- My Twitter account (but don't post only links to auctions, post some other content as well)
- Seldom, Flippa featured listing (you never know how long your name will be displayed in Featured list, usually it's up to 24 hours, if you are lucky)
- Change DNS to Flippa nameservers

I didn't use any other Flippa upgrades, since there were no domains that would be worth those upgrades (spending $200 - $300 to promote a name that will sell in low $xxx range doesn't make much sense :) )

If you have a really good name, I would go with domaining.com as well. As far as I remember, they charge $200 per (3 days max), but you can get a great exposure. Again, you need to be sure that the name you are selling is worth it.

Usually I get around 500 views and 20 to 30 watchers. So far I sold 82% of my Flippa listings.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: P.S. Forgot to add that I also contact potential end-users inviting them to auction

•••
It depends on a domain name you are trying to sell. I use the following options:

- Domain Shane's Daily List of Domains at Auction
- External Auctions section here at NP
- Signature here at NP
- My Twitter account (but don't post only links to auctions, post some other content as well)
- Seldom, Flippa featured listing (you never know how long your name will be displayed in Featured list, usually it's up to 24 hours, if you are lucky)
- Change DNS to Flippa nameservers

I didn't use any other Flippa upgrades, since there were no domains that would be worth those upgrades (spending $200 - $300 to promote a name that will sell in low $xxx range doesn't make much sense :) )

If you have a really good name, I would go with domaining.com as well. As far as I remember, they charge $200 per (3 days max), but you can get a great exposure. Again, you need to be sure that the name you are selling is worth it.

Usually I get around 500 views and 20 to 30 watchers. So far I sold 82% of my Flippa listings.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: P.S. Forgot to add that I also contact potential end-users inviting them to auction

Thanks for your reply,
Do you have any experience with namebio? say for instance if I go for 1 week purchase.
you can see my signature, these all are on flippa. what you think which can get more value?

•••
Thanks for your reply,
Do you have any experience with namebio? say for instance if I go for 1 week purchase.
you can see my signature, these all are on flippa. what you think which can get more value?

I use Namebio to check recent sales and to valuate my domains. To be honest, until you asked about listing there, I didn't even know that they promote auctions :) That banner at the top doesn't seem to have many views and clicks, IMO.

As to the domains in your signature, I would post those in Professional Appraisal section. I'm still learning all this stuff, so I don't think I can valuate your names properly, sorry.

•••
Flippa featured listing is a good option but the listing stays for 24 hrs only.

•••
You can market the listed domain in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter,..etc)

•••
Hi,

Can you please share my Flippa AuctionNewbornShopping.com link in Social Media. Link is in my Signature.

•••
I tried Namebio this week with a domain I have at auction at Flippa. The auction was for 18 days and there's always that long period in the middle days where no one looks unless you market the name. I've had considerably more views than I would have had without the ad. In the end though, the name will only sell well if it's a good name. But, more people will see it, so the chances of selling are better.

I was thinking of trying DomainShane, too. Good luck.

•••
Namebio n DomainShane both are good to get more views.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back