NameSilo

42 Day Lock on NameJet?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maxtra

Let's make a dealTop Member
Impact
My first time bidding/winning a name on NameJet, and there is a 42 day lock for names?

Does this apply for all Pre-Release names? How do you tell which ones do not have a lock?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every domain you win on NameJet with eNom as Registrar will be locked for 42 days.
You could not Transfer to another eNom account for next 42 days.
You could not Transfer out from eNom for next 60 days.
And you could not remove this Transfer Locked Status ( i tried to contact both eNom and NameJet staff to remove but they couldn't).
So if you have inquiry and your domains still in 42 days locked, tell you customer to wait.
That's the only thing we can do.

•••
why dont namejet allow buyers to have the name sent to a registrar of their own choice?

•••
It depends on the registrar. If you have the name at Enom, then yeah, Auction locked for 42 days.

When I first started I found this out and was disappointed as well

•••
why dont namejet allow buyers to have the name sent to a registrar of their own choice?
1> NameJet was initially a partnership between eNom and Network Solutions (50-50). On 3 Dec 2018, Web.com Group acquired eNom ownership of NameJet ( which run NetworkSolutions.com, Web.com and Register.com as registrars). That's the reason why almost domains you win in NameJet have eNom.com or NetworkSolutions.com as their default Registrars.
2> Allow buyers to choose their registrar can causes some headache problems. Cost more money to transfer out. - NameJet is a subsidiary of Web.com Group, so if you have your own registrars, it's easier to let all domains under your control. Save money, save time, save effort, save customer relationships. And running separated data is harder than just one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back