IT.COM

25$ NHL forum Logo Contest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Designers,

I've just finished building a hockey forum at www.qnhl.com. I created a quick logo for it but I would like to have a better quality one. I need something that follows the ideas below:

1) qnhl.com stands for quality NHL forum. You can see that on my current logo. So I'd like to have a quality picture (a save by a goalie, a nice shot ... ) as a logo, and I would like to have the slogan ("A Quality NHL Forum") in a smaller but readable font, with the "Q" of Quality, "NHL" and the ".COM" in a different color so you see the domain name QNHL.com in the slogan.

2) I'd like to have it matched with the red/blue colors of the current forum.

3) I'd like it to place the logo once it's done on the left side of the header of the page, so I can place an adsense on the right. You can look at www.football365.fr , http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86, www.maxifoot.fr, www.namepros.com as examples. So design the logo knowing that it won't occupy more than 20-30% of the left part of the header.

4) Be creative!!

5) The contest ends on August 2nd (Tuesday) at 5pm EST.

5) I'd pay 25$ US via PayPal to the winner directly after the contest ends i.e. around 6pm, August 2nd.

6) The final winner has to give me a .gif or .jpg with an editable vector format

I uploaded some quality pictures that you can use or use as an idea:
www.qnhl.com/graphics/brodeur.jpg
www.qnhl.com/graphics/sakic.jpg

I am waiting for your logos, and I will give you feedback as often as possible.

Aboujouj83

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here is our 3RD version, with a cool new look!

qnhl_v3.jpg

Let us know how it is!

Regards,
Anand
KDPC-XWebDev Studio LLC

•••
Vote for Polurnet and True_Snake :kickass:
I'm late to see this auction :(

•••
guetizo entry

Hi aboujouj83,

Here's my entry. Please note that this is 100% vector artwork (can grow/shrink, change colors combinations, without losing quality).

originall1_qnhl.jpg

originall2_qnhl.jpg

Because this is a web logo, we can spice it up a little.

Feedback is appreciated.

thanks
guetizo

Last edited:
•••
•••
170designs: I like your logo, I donno if it can be improved or made more compact, but it's really nice.

guetizo: nice logos, but they don't follow the requirements correctly. I'd like to see a quality picture behind the sloga, please read my first post again.

Polunet: New look, but not better logo. I liked the other one more because of the color. I don't see that the colors of this logo matches well with those of the forum. But I like the effect done on the logo.

Sheldchenko: Much better attempt! My comment is that I think that the picture has to be shrinked to be made more compact.

lextalionis: You are complicating my life! lol...Your logo is nice, but the picture can be better I think.

depthskins.com: Cool logos, but I need better qualities logo in terms of pictures and color matching.

Thanks for all of you!
One more day,
Aboujouj83

•••
Here is our next version, modified colors and style:

qnhl_v4.jpg

Preview on Website:
qnhl_website.jpg

Hope this looks better and matches your taste.

Cheers,
Anand
KDPC-XWebDev Studio LLC

•••
Whose in the lead so far so we know if we should continue to work on more samples. THanks

Matt

•••
Had to try one with the Lord Stanley:
qnhllogost.jpg

I wasn't sure if you meant the picture was bad or the quality was lacking so I used some filters to sharpen the pic.
qnhlgoal.jpg

•••
Here is mine..

Hi,

4 Versions :

-Soloist

Last edited:
•••
Any feedback for my last entry...??

•••
Ok, here is some edits:

Edit 1:

eD788907.png

Edit 2:

Y4t88940.png

Edit 3:

CJw88978.png

Comments?

•••
Here are another three from me; I changed the font.

6bc90737.gif

Z4j90969.gif

Please let me know what you think :tu: !

True_Snake

Last edited:
•••
And the winner is ........................ True_Snake! Very nice design!

Thanks for all the participants, many of the logos were really good. I'd like to give credits to the other designers whom I really liked the logos. So the second place goes to krishm and third place to PolurNET. I am going to pay the winner tonight and I will give positive ratings to the top 3 designers.

See you in others contests and hope you will register in qnhl.com when I will finish it soon. Cheers.

Aboujouj83

P.S: True_Snake: I am going to private message you with the final adjustements that I'd like to see on the last design I like the most.

•••
Thanks Aboujouj83!

Congrats to all the other entrants too :tu: !

True_Snake

•••
•••
170designs said:
congrats true_snake

Hey, thanks :tu: !

True_Snake

•••
About the logo and payment

I am going to sleep now, I am going to check your reply tomorrow morning to finish everything and pay you. Take care, Aboujouj83

•••
Congratulations true_snake!
And to krishm and PolurNET!

guetizo

•••
congrats true_snake and PolurNET...!!!
Thanks aboujouj83 for nice rating... :)

•••
Congrats to everyone as well! :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back