NameSilo

25$ NHL forum Logo Contest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Designers,

I've just finished building a hockey forum at www.qnhl.com. I created a quick logo for it but I would like to have a better quality one. I need something that follows the ideas below:

1) qnhl.com stands for quality NHL forum. You can see that on my current logo. So I'd like to have a quality picture (a save by a goalie, a nice shot ... ) as a logo, and I would like to have the slogan ("A Quality NHL Forum") in a smaller but readable font, with the "Q" of Quality, "NHL" and the ".COM" in a different color so you see the domain name QNHL.com in the slogan.

2) I'd like to have it matched with the red/blue colors of the current forum.

3) I'd like it to place the logo once it's done on the left side of the header of the page, so I can place an adsense on the right. You can look at www.football365.fr , http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86, www.maxifoot.fr, www.namepros.com as examples. So design the logo knowing that it won't occupy more than 20-30% of the left part of the header.

4) Be creative!!

5) The contest ends on August 2nd (Tuesday) at 5pm EST.

5) I'd pay 25$ US via PayPal to the winner directly after the contest ends i.e. around 6pm, August 2nd.

6) The final winner has to give me a .gif or .jpg with an editable vector format

I uploaded some quality pictures that you can use or use as an idea:
www.qnhl.com/graphics/brodeur.jpg
www.qnhl.com/graphics/sakic.jpg

I am waiting for your logos, and I will give you feedback as often as possible.

Aboujouj83

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sure, Ill give it a shot :)

•••
Hey fellow hockey fan :D!

Here's my entry:

BUD83370.gif

Please let me know what you think :tu: !

Oh man; I can feel the jitteryness of the new NHL season already :] ! I signed up @ your forum as "Leafer" :tu: !

True_Snake

Last edited:
•••
True_Snake:
I like the concept but I think the font can be made better. I also don't like much the Q (in black and red) because of its color and may be of its font. I also find that the picture has to be made smaller. But overall, I like it.
Aboujouj83

•••
Here is our version from the KDPC-XWebDev Studio LLC

qnhl.jpg

Let us know how it is!

Regards,
Anand

•••
•••
Will do one soon!

Update:

Please tell me what you think! :kickass:

93944115000qnhl.gif

But personally I like this one the most:

189559492300qnhl.gif

Last edited:
•••
kind of offtopic but....**** YEA! HOCKEYS BACK BABY--now all my good buddies have real jobs instead of making 600 a week in the minors =) ....on topic...im likin that marty broduer banner...nice work

•••
i am on it... will show you logo asap..

•••
I am happy that many NPers are working on it. I knew many love hockey as I do.

So here are my comments:

-vip-ip: they are good quality logos but don't follow the requirements I asked for. I don't see any good quality picture, and I don't see the slogan anywhere.

-Rayzan: the logo is too simple, I need something that shows the "quality" term in my forum slogan.

-PolurNet: I like your goalie save picture a lot, but you have to work on the font colors and its integration in the logo.

Regards,
Aboujouj83

•••
Here you go, didn't turn out as well as I hoped but I think it's simplicity is good. I tired to make it fit in with the rest of the forum :)

CNI25425.png

Any suggestions?

EDIT: If need be, Ill re-size it for you so it fits whatever dimensions you want.

Last edited:
•••
Hey, i've just made the logo for now and if i could get some feedback and your thoughts on it then i will include a picture.

qnhl

Hope you like it. Its Vector so it can be resized etc without loss of quality.

Feedback Would Be Much Appreciated.

Stay Lucid,
One Armed Scissor.

•••
Sheldchenko and One Armc Scissor:
They are good logos, but I expect something else. Please read the requirements again.

Thanks,
Aboujouj83

•••
any feedback for my logo....????

•••
My feedback for krishm who PMed his design is:

I like it but the colors of the fonts/size should be improved. But I can see that you are following the requirements well, and that counts a lot.
Note that the name of the forum is QNHL.com instead of Q-NHL.com

Aboujouj83

•••
Thanks for your feedback.... :)
Show you logo with correction soon...

•••
Here is our 2ND version, with adjustments

qnhl_v2.jpg

Let us know how it is!

Regards,
Anand
KDPC-XWebDev Studio LLC

PS:
vtumminello said:
im likin that marty broduer banner...nice work

Last edited:
•••
Here is another one, it's missing a little something but I;m not sure what.

V4m40038.png

•••
here's mine...hope you like. Please point out what can be changed and so forth. (scanlines are not part of design)

hockey.gif

hockey2.gif

Last edited:
•••
Hey! Thanks for the feedback!

Here are two:

Yct62238.gif

S4762270.gif

Please let me know what you think :tu: !

True_Snake

•••
qnhl4ys.jpg

Made in vector format (Illustrator). If chosen, logo will be supplied in .jpg, .gif, .eps and .ai formats. Feedback is appreciated. Hope you like it :)

•••
hey back, sorry I was busy the whole day (it was my birthday!). My comments are:

-krishm: I really like it, may be NHL in "Quality NHL forum" should be in red. Other than that, you can't see Brodeur save well, I am not sure it can be done better....but overall it's very good.

-will7: Nice logos, but I want some quality pictures included.

-True Snake: I like it a lot! I donno if the font can be better, I am not sure...

-depthskins.com: Simple logos, but I want some quality pictures in them.

-Sheldchenko: Great save! But dark colors, not matching the red/blue font of the forum.

-PolurNET: Improved logo! But I just noticed that this goalie is really old time!! A newer one is much more asked for. Colors also lack something...

Thank you all!!

Aboujouj83

•••
qnhl.jpg

If you choose to use this logo you will need to get permission for the photo, I will mail you the originator. You will be responsible for all copyright permissions.

•••
Ok, here is my third attempt. The colours are straight from the forum so they will match. I've had experience with the colours being lighter when saving in PNG format (no idea why), but can be fixed be saving as a gif. (Incase they do appear lighter).

LuP96994.png

Comments? :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back