Dynadot

.US.COM Is It Outdated, Overrated or Underrated?

NameSilo
Watch
Over the years I've seen a couple of quality websites use this domain extension and recently I saw a couple of premium domain names available to register. I looked at the sales history of premium .us.com domains and though they may not be where domainers want them, I could see this extension grow with a little marketing. I like that Activia, a top yogurt brand uses it, I could see other big corporations going in this direction as well.

I'm curious what other domainers think about .us.com?!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.US.COM is a subdomain.

It's like combining .COM and .US into something much worse, for no reason.

There is no demand.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I'm curious what other domainers think about .us.com?
Hi

many years ago, i sold a couple of .us.com names that had traffic/revenue,
but there isn't a reseller market for them.

always going to be some good names available there,
but unless you plan on developing, then no sense in hoarding any.

imo...

•••
I like that Activia, a top yogurt brand uses it, I could see other big corporations going in this direction as well.

They use it for local US market, for lack of better judgement.
The main site is on .com: https://www.activia.com/ and country sites are on relevant ccTLDs
They also own .us but it does not resolve, sloppy.

•••
I would avoid the two-tier extension since .us isn't popular then .us.com is less popular it's unlikely to be a good investment.

•••
always going to be some good names available there, but unless you plan on developing, then no sense in hoarding any.
Agree, and I believe lots sub-domain perform in this way(not only *.us.com)...very good word avai...but no one use it....thus no buy-sell as a market..

Last edited:
•••
I appreciate the input from everyone, though I did see other posts talking about this very extension in a different tone, I know things change. I do see this extension as an option for U.S. businesses and marketers to utilize if the .com and other tlds are taken.

I did end up purchasing a few .us.com domains, there is a sales history and I may utilize some of them for projects later on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back