IT.COM

1st Day Domain Portofolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

justme78783

Established Member
Impact
Hello people , have been watching this forum for a while now pretty much every day for the past weeks .

Although i am a beginner in this field , of domain reselling . I am not new in the online business ( having made 2 online ecommerce businesses , and having made a considerable profit and a living via selling online on various marketplaces various physical products ) . So all in all , i have some experience just not for this specific money making online method .

Anyways , anyhow i really want to focus on this industry and here is my portfolio till now .

I have bought around 8 of them , but i will put only the 4 best ( at least what i consider best from what i bought) which i have bought for prices varying between xx $ to xxx $ .

24pkr.com
4mydate.com
itsauctiontime.com
solutionstrading.com

I am not putting the bad ones for obvious reasons ( because i understand now that they are almost worthless ) .

Any feedback would be much appreciated .

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
24pkr.com
4mydate.com
itsauctiontime.com
solutionstrading.com

I am not putting the bad ones for obvious reasons ( because i understand now that they are almost worthless ) .
You mean these are the good ones ? :-/
Sorry but I would not advise buying more domains until you do more research.

•••
Yes and i do insist they are good ones .

24pkr > 5 letter , maybe an acronym for 24poker ( not the best one but is ok )
4mydate > this one kinda sucks

itsauctiontime.com & solutionstrading.com , i consider them to be good especially the last one which contains 2 key words and not any hyphens numbers etc. These are also my latest purchases .

If however i am wrong explain why ... at least give a generic argument ( you dont have to spill the beans ) .

I can sell them to you for 10.000 if you re interested :D ( joke )

•••
I am biting my tongue....if these are your GOOD ONES then I have to kindly suggest to still keep reading. Those domains are no where near any sort of quality as a domain alone.

•••
At least with only owning 8 domains so far, you are going about this properly. Make your mistakes - and you are going to make some, everyone does - before you spend an outrageous sum for dozens or hundreds of domains.

Having said that, I do not really like these domains a whole lot. Everyone has their own tastes, their own opinions, so that is okay. There will be people here diametrically opposed to anything I have an opinion on, lol, so keep that in mind.

I want domains that are intuitive, that are reasonably short. Personally, I prefer product domains, but there are other niches. No misspellings, no abbreviations that are not commonly used and intuitive, no cybersquatting on a celebs name, etc.

Go after quality over quantity, always.

When I look at a name, I suppose I ask myself two questions. First, would a business use this domain as a professional, income generating front to their business. And two, if not, would this domain lend itself to one of the affiliate programs that I build web sites for.

So, 4mydate is not professional enough, using '4' lacks a professional look imo. 24pkr is short, and people might understand that pkr=poker. Oddly enough, when I first saw it, my mind blurted out '24 packer' and you don't even want to know where that thought was headed, lol. SolutionsTrading.com does not flow well for me. TradingSolutions.com flows great, and I could do something with it. But SolutionsTrading doesn't flow for me, it lacks intuitiveness. itsauctiontime.com might be useful for a blog, or maybe as an auction sniper script. It might have some potential if you can find a buyer in the auction sniping niche, or build the site out yourself if you have the skill. I do not think this is worth much money, though. If available, I would not reg it, simply because I think there are other more valuable domains to pick up, and this one is going to require a lot of effort before I got a return.

So of the four, the only one that I nominally like would be the auction one.

One last thing to keep in mind, time after time we see domains where absolutely no one likes that somehow the owner manages to sell for decent money anyway. Our opinions are only that, although a lot of the members here are rather smart players in this industry - if they say it is a bad domain, well, by the odds.....

You might consider biding your time, looking at posts carefully, then spending some money on a quality domain that is for sale here on namepros, rather than registering a couple dozen new domains. A lot of times you can find people willing to sell domains at reasonable prices here.

•••
Roguewriter thats a reply i was looking for , so thank you for it . I do agree with most of what you write , however i do truly insist that the best way to learn is testing . And loosing OR winning money is part of it .

It all comes up to ROI i guess . If i manage to sell 1 or 2 of those for a total price less than what i bought all of them , within a year , then i guess that for a first day is not bad .

You see i am not the random guy that has come here not knowing anything about internet . Keep in mind i have made tens of thousands of dollars from internet , having had persons working from me located in china
drop shipping products to all parts of the world , i have also developed 2 e commerce websites of which 1 was fairly succesfull , so i think i have what it takes to see the domains from a customers prespective as well.

I will disclose 1 more of my domain > apartments-usa.com

Although i am new here , i am not new to internet and i think i start from an advantageous position ( given my background and my analytical abilities )

I guess now is the next part of my learning curve > Trying to sell them , i think that will show me what works and what does not . After all it is a matter of luck as well , and having the right buyer at the right time .
Let me make clear that this is my total portfolio for now , i will try to sell them and see if i get any offers for it , and if i get how much . I am keeping an eye on domains , but i will buy only if i see a very tempting one .
Lol i think i am too stubborn sometimes .

Cheers and thank you , really appreciate it :)

P.S if i have any grammatical errors in my english is because it is not my native language nor have i ever lived in an english speaking countries , so i apologize in advance .

Last edited:
•••
Good luck, btw, forgot to wish you that!

•••
You will lose some cash before you make some. That's extremely true with domaining. I've lost at the least $1k before I learned what to buy and what to avoid. You see fire and notice it gives off heat, thus you might think "Don't touch it!" Until you see the true power of the flame, you'll always have a what-if mindset. The best way to learn fire is bad to handle is actually getting burned. After that, you'll truly learn your lesson. You'll need to experiment with things, but the best way to learn what NOT to do is to be on the losing side. Of course, you can read negative testimonials, but you might not take them seriously until ya find out that you aren't an exception.

Let defeat make you better, not bitter. And let's hope you learn something in the process, too :)

•••
I am diametrically opposed to RogueWriter's opinion that you can buy quality domains on NamePros :) But you might find a couple better than your domains :) I like your approach of limiting your purchases. You can't lose much if you don't spend much. You definitely need to improve the quality of your domain name choices. Read, read, and read more. I think NamePros is a good choice for that. You could do better watching the dropping domain auctions on SnapNames/NameJet/GoDaddy to educate yourself what domains have value and which domains don't sell. Personally, I think the 5 domains you have mentioned are in the latter category of won't sell. Numbers (except pure numbers) and hyphens in domains are always difficult to sell. Abbreviations are always a challenge to sell. 3 word domains are often difficult to sell. 2 word domains in the wrong order are difficult to sell. Just IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
We all came from the same mistake, and as everyone here tells you, stop buying names for the moment and focus on research on how to find, buy good domain names. There are so many articles about it and you must read first before buying. Know the reseller price for each name and avoid over pricing. Honestly, if those name will be place here at auction, lucky if you will get $3 each on those names. As I said, We all came from scratchy start and you will soon developed your buying habit on finding good ones.

•••
Thats why i dont plan to sell them at auction here ..... lol ! I dont buy domains just because they have few letters like bdddm.com , why whould i do that ? To whom would i sell it ?

Look to end this matter once and for all . This is my domain portfolio till now ( total cost 120 $ )

real-estate-consulting.com ( cons too many letters and long , positive has 3 exact key words for a highly competitive field maybe i could sell it , oh well if i dont big deal )

apartments-usa.com ( i could see a lot of potential buyers in this one , cant you ??? )

themicrohouse.com ( it def. has some value for the right company and project )

itsauctiontime.com ( i could see a few people that could pay some hundred dollars for this one as well )

solutionstrading.com( tradingsolutions already taken and is a website , so i could make some hundret dollars as well )

24pkr.com ( generic few letters adress , just bought it to have a range on my portfolio )

And people please stop patronizing me . If i spend these money it means that i am willing to loose those money . The gain in knowledge that i get though from practical analytical data worths so much more . Just my 2 cents , thats how i have made a full time living from internet in the past 6 years from various online methods .... if i would be spending my time JUST reading then i would still be reading .

•••
Hi,
First and foremost you have made this thread to ask each and everyone's opinion on your domains. And here at namepros, we will assess your domains with our very own experiences and opinions. Some of the guys who have made their views about it are the long time domainers and honestly me myself ask them on some names that I have and names I am planning to buy. We will never pumper you just to please you on your names, we will honestly tell you if it is good or bad, some are directly rude and some have diplomacy, but what ever you will hear and read is the fact of your domain value.

If thus feedback will hurt your ego, or in some point that we have disappoint you, please accept my apology, in behalf of the other members.

Just some final words with you. Domaining is far from selling online with an actual products, and it is not an easy making money machine that you have thought. I'd rather encourage you to just focus on your online business than entering this business, because in this world of domaining, the first lesson you should have is to LISTEN what the experienced domainers says, READ what are the best formula in buying and selling, and ACCEPTANCE for the true value of your asset.

•••
Well let me say to you something , the experienced people in each field WOULD NEVER TELL YOU AND ME , their secrets or honest opinion ( i promise i never would tell you how i make my money online ... not because i am a bad person on the contrary but why would i create direct competition to myself ) . In fact i dare saying most of them would not even be in the forum .

Second no ego has been hurt .... t i still think that my domains are more than valuable for the price that i have bought them for . Third , this is a learning curve , and loosing money is a part of it , and i am willing to loose some money . So what i am trying to convey is simple > Do you have anything more to say other than dont buy domains ? < .

That said i realise now that this thread was destined to fail from the beginning .

P.S And yes selling domains is like selling physical products ... you need to connect the right buyer with the right domain .... that is the essence of it .

•••
Nobody is patronizing you, you are just being given honest feedback from people who have been there. Otherwise why are you posting your domains here.
Many people are making a living on the Internet, but very few people are making a living on domaining, because it is a is a specialized trade and it is very tough. Not everybody can do it, because it's more art than science and it's not a liquid industry. People think it's easy, because anybody can buy a domain name. Selling domains is the hard part.

There is a lot of information and experience shared here and elsewhere, do capitalize on it. You don't have to repeat the same mistakes as others.
A wise man learns from his mistakes. A genius learns from the mistakes of others. Cheers :xf.smile:

•••
We don't have the rights to ask you not to buy domains, it's your call, and the reason that feedback was given into your names is simply you ask for it. Here at namepros, we are like one big family, helping each other as far as we could, though your right that secrets of domaining is not shared, but it will be learned. And competition wise, domaining is far different, I have PLUY.com and theres no way you can buy the same PLUY.com ever, unlike in an actual online physical products, you can earn by simply putting down your price to the other competitors, this is the reason why we share some of our domaining secrets here, not to be proud but to help each other. We can never tell, maybe one day one of your name will be featured at sedo or at godaddy and no one will never know what the future holds.:D

•••
ooopsss post by accident . Sorry .

•••
I like apartments-usa.com. It surely has great value. You can easily get 3 figures for that, if not more. :)

•••
•••
Easily if you know the right way to sell it. Just think over it. :)

•••
•••
I'm sure he would let you broker it for him. You should ask.

LOL.

Hyphenated domains, even quality ones, are a hard sell. Trust me.

•••
•••
Not hard I should say but fetches less price(even if quality one).

Hotel-Reservations.com sold for $209,916.

German endusers love hyphens. They hold plenty of value but it's a waiting game. Then again, domaining in general is a waiting game.

•••
•••
I like apartments-usa.com. It surely has great value. You can easily get 3 figures for that, if not more. :)

Max you seem to know what you are talking about . If you are interested in maybe a business collaboration or whatever please pm me . If you would like to try to sell it for a percentage cut , that would be also fine with me.

Regards ,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back