Dynadot

$15 Logo Contest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I've been browsing some of the recent contests and have been really impressed by the quality of some of the entries.

I've got a domain which is to host a live demo of my final year university software project, which is a single sign-on system and content protection mechanism. The project will be hosted on the domain: simpa.net

I'm looking to have a logo designed for it, so here are the rules:

1) The final winner must provide a .gif and a copy of the .psd or other editable vector format (and associated fonts if possible)
2) I'm possibly looking for a 'security' theme, maybe the incorporation of a padlock or something along those lines. I will also seriously consider logos without a 'security' theme, but as long as it maintains a 'corporate' look.
3) Colour themes are also up to the designer, please do not take the existing logo as an indication of style/font/colour preference.... it's just something I threw together using a logo template.
4) I don't have a particular tag line in mind, so feel free to either come up with your own, or use "Single Sign-on" or even not to use a tagline at all (I would be interested to see all entries with and without a tagline)
5) I have the right not to choose a winner if I dont see one I like. however this is highly unlikely based on the entries in recent contests.
6) Contest ends Sunday the 24th of July at 10pm UK time (this post was made at 8.55pm UK time)
7) Payment will be made to the winner via PayPal

I look forward to seeing your entries.

- Omar

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Omar,

Here's another entry, and I hope you enjoy evaluating this logos as much I enjoy making them.
Here we go.
originall5_simpa_several.jpg

And #2
originall6_simpa_several.jpg

Can I have some feedback?
Thanks

•••
I made a new one for you, that is rather simple. I decided to do soemthing simple, with no security theme. Let me klnow what you think.

HMQ74024.gif

•••
Got some talented folk up in here. Everyone give yourself a HUGE pat on the back :)

•••
DepthSkins.com: It looks much better with the toned-down fade, but I'd like to see how it would look with a different font (I'm not too fond of the really rounded ones that look like Comic Sans.) - Ditto for the last sentry logo design.

Design4It: I'm definately liking the revised versions due to the two-tone colour look. I'm not sure what else to suggest, but if you have any other design ideas, feel free to submit them too.

guetizo: wow! once again some really good ideas, and I'm amazed at the work you've put in to give me a nice selection of similar designs with alternative fonts and colour schemes. From design #1 I like: 2,3,4,5,6,7 (Once again I'm not too keen on the really rounded fonts) and from design #2 I like: 2,4,5,7 - 5 and 7 could look very good if you could make the padlocks look a little different, maybe a little less 'boxy' .... I'd like to see that, it might not work but it's definately worth a shot.

apexad: Good effort, feel free to enter some alternative designs.

Time is running out, less than 4 days left till the end of the competition! I have got to say though that the entries recieved are some of the highest quality I have seen on NP. I can tell that most of you have put a lot of time and effort into the designs and it's a real shame that recently there have been cases where the design contests turned out to be a scam.

•••

thanks for the feedback omar
ill put more revisions of it in other colors

•••
Omar, thanks for the feedback and the supporting words! There's no doubt that all designers here are taking their own skills to the maximum level.

So, regarding your comments I made a few more revisions, and I hope you enjoy it again.

originall6_simpa_several_rev.jpg

And this one :hehe: well, there's a wall, a big wall that equals security, high level of security, and the padlock is present also. It was fun making it... looks like an outdoor ad. :hehe:
originall7_simpa.jpg

Thanks

•••
•••
•••
lextalionis said:
I guess somebody somewhere else won??

http://www.simpa.net/

Lex,

You mean the logo on the simpa.net webpage?
That logo was made it by Omar (Contest holder). He wrote and pointed out that situation on the very first post. :hehe:

Cya

•••
Lol, just thought of giving it a try and definitely welcome feedback for this design. Thanks hehe.

Flora.

•••
lextalionis said:
I guess somebody somewhere else won??

http://www.simpa.net/

Thanks Guetizo for explaining. The logo that is currently on the site is one I made from a template, and not something I wish to keep after I pick a winner for this competition.

Just so everyone knows beforehand and to prevent any panic, I might take a day or two to decide on the winner.

The entry deadline remains as 10pm UK time today, any entries after this time will not be considered.

Approx. 5 hours and 20 minutes remaining for entries!

- Omar

•••
here's my entry..avaiable in .psd :)

simpa1ju.jpg

•••
I just want to reassure everyone that I've not run away! :p

I'm taking a bit of time to reach a decision on the winner of the competition.

•••
lol okay...Good Luck guys!

•••
•••
I would like to thank you all for your entries, it was a very tough decision as there were some really good eye-catching designs.

I have decided that the winner is guetizo with logo #6 in his final set of entries:

guetizo said:

I'm about to send guetizo a PM asking for his PayPal address so that I can send him the prize money and for a couple of very minor alterations to the logo.

I will also be donating NP$10 to each person that entered the competition, I believe that's 15 people (unless I can't count ;))

Thanks again!
- Omar

Update: PM sent to contest winner, NP$10 donated to all 15 contest entrants.

Last edited:
•••
Omar,

Thanks for the 10NP$ ... I really appreciate it.

Guetizo,

Congratulations on the win. Awesome design by you and everyone else.

Regards,
Danny

•••
Thanks for the NP$, I appreciate it! Congrats on the win quetizo!! Nice contest!!

•••
Thanks for the NP$ good contest everyone.

•••
Thanks Omar!
Reply by PM done!

And.. thank you all designers you participated in this contest. That was IMHO some pretty good designs entrys.

guetizo

•••

thanks for the NP$ :blink:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back