NameSilo

$15 Logo Contest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I've been browsing some of the recent contests and have been really impressed by the quality of some of the entries.

I've got a domain which is to host a live demo of my final year university software project, which is a single sign-on system and content protection mechanism. The project will be hosted on the domain: simpa.net

I'm looking to have a logo designed for it, so here are the rules:

1) The final winner must provide a .gif and a copy of the .psd or other editable vector format (and associated fonts if possible)
2) I'm possibly looking for a 'security' theme, maybe the incorporation of a padlock or something along those lines. I will also seriously consider logos without a 'security' theme, but as long as it maintains a 'corporate' look.
3) Colour themes are also up to the designer, please do not take the existing logo as an indication of style/font/colour preference.... it's just something I threw together using a logo template.
4) I don't have a particular tag line in mind, so feel free to either come up with your own, or use "Single Sign-on" or even not to use a tagline at all (I would be interested to see all entries with and without a tagline)
5) I have the right not to choose a winner if I dont see one I like. however this is highly unlikely based on the entries in recent contests.
6) Contest ends Sunday the 24th of July at 10pm UK time (this post was made at 8.55pm UK time)
7) Payment will be made to the winner via PayPal

I look forward to seeing your entries.

- Omar

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds Good, count em in Omar!

Do you want it to say Simpa, or Simpa.net?

Here is my first entry, this one is without the "security" feel...
I will work on other concepts, feedback appreciated..

Logo1:
Xsr72179.jpg

Logo1 without slogan:
Etq72310.jpg

•••
I don't mind whether it says Simpa or Simpa.net, although it might be nice to see both (this is entirely up to the designer) - depending on the logo the '.net' portion may fit the branding image, or may not.

Sammy, great first entry!.... I think this contest is going to turn up some excellent logo designs.

•••
thanks forfeedback, Ill post some other concepts later on...

•••
mY eNTRY

Here's One concept:

simpa.gif

•••
Here's my try at it. Let me know what you think. Provide me with Feedback please!

Simpa.net Logo
nHf35913.gif

Regards,
Danny

•••
Here you go, hope you like it.

simpa.jpg

•••
•••
Here is what I just cooked up. I incorporated the lock for security and used the tag lines other were using. I blended the blue and orange because I have that on my site and it looks pretty sharp.

simpa.gif

Last edited:
•••
Here's my submission

All vector art - easily editable

Let me know if you like the idea! Just a thought :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Salam Omer :) ,
herez what i have got to show you .... i hope you'll like it ... FEEDBACK plz !

3015ba5583.jpg

waiting for your reply ...

ALLAH Hafiz ...
Regards,
-aLee.

•••
Hi,

In this 4 logos i tried to give them that CORPORATE look.
They are all 100% vector artwork and I use on the above logos only 2 colors, good for printing and for web purposes we can and spice up the logos with the gradients, drop shadows, etc

We got a shied; several rings (3) representing multiples levels of security, representing also the 3 "S's" (SIMPA/SINGLE/SING-ON)
The key hole was chosen as "the" element of security for all designs.
originall1_simpa.jpg

Again the S (name and shied) and the key hole. Very corporate. Colours, lettering we can change it...
originall2_simpa.jpg

Playing with lettering and colour combinations... Do you have any suggestions?
originall3_simpa.jpg

Finnaly! :)
Again a shied (square one) S from SIMPA.net stylized. Very powerfull logo.
originall4_simpa.jpg

Any feedback will be welcome.
Thanks for your time.

And you for all designers... keep up the good work! If anybody wants to comment about it, pls be my guest! :)

See ya!

•••
•••
Ok, lots of people have asked for feedback, but I only really have time just now to comment on some of the more promising designs (people who don't get some feedback in this post, please don't be discouraged!)

DepthSkins.com: I really like the shield idea, but I'm not too keen on the fonts used. It also doesn't say "Simpa" or "Simpa.net" anywhere

OurPortfolio: I like the design, it's simple and it works. I'd like to see some other concepts from you and/or trying to add a bit more 'spice' to the entry.

aLee: The padlock hanging off is an excellent idea, but once again I'm not too keen on the font used and the colour could be changed.

guetizon: I think #1 and #4 have some potential, the keyhole idea in #2 and #3 is a bit too in-your-face, maybe some idea incorporating the keyhole in place of the "I" in "Simpa" would be better.

lextalionis: I like the general idea, although I'm not too sure whether the text superimposed on the padlock in the first logo will work. I definately like that you've tried to improve the tagline and the one you've come up with has a bit of potential, playing off the domain 'simpa'

Thanks for all of the entries so far, I think I'm going to have a difficult decision to make by the end of the competition :p

- Omar
P.S - I'd still like to see a few more entries without the security theme, just in case I want to use the domain for stuff apart from the project demo.

Last edited:
•••
Omar said:
aLee: The padlock hanging off is an excellent idea, but once again I'm not too keen on the font used and the colour could be changed.

getting right on to it :tu:

•••
Thanks for feedback. I've edited the sheild concept and also came up with another concept in 2 variation. Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

simpa4.gif

simpa3.gif

simpa2.gif

simpa5.gif

Last edited:
•••
Omar

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on the suggestions.

Last edited:
•••
some variation in the font and colour

4ec8de68ac.jpg

7b40f73fbf.jpg

Regards,
-aLee.

•••
Hi Omar,

I'm posting the entry with the modifications that you wanted to see...
originall1_corrections_simpa.jpg

Thanks

•••
Just thought I'd post a bit more feedback. Don't take this as discouragement, I think some of the entries so far have the potential to be a winner.

DepthSkins.com: wow! those are some very good concepts, I especially like the sentry and fingerprint ones. Maybe a different font, or a toning down of the fade for a greater impact.

aLee: It looks much better, but I'd still like to see some other fonts and/or some different concepts.

guetizo: the idea has potential, but I'm not too sure about the slanted text. It would be nice to see either some new ideas, or possibly a change of font for that concept.

•••
ill post soon.... :)

here is another entry. let me kow what you think...

Logo#3:
logo3.jpg

•••
Revision of Logo you like:
I lightened up the white and kept same font on one
Changed font and lightened white on the other.

simpa_prints.gif

simpa_prints2.gif

•••

Heres My Logo!!!

sample8kf.gif

And Revisions!!

samples7me.gif

sample15rc.gif

sample20wn.gif

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back